ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Your favorite sports teams

May 11, 2010
Florida Panhandle
A totally non-political thread.

Obviously Rutgers is the favorite for college teams so let's keep it to pro sports.

Who are your favorite Pro Sports teams in these leagues.

I'll start it off.

MLB: Yankees

NFL: Chiefs, but I'm going to take a break from the league until further notice.

NHL: Devils

NBA: I don't watch the league at all , was a Nets fan a long time ago.

MLS: I don't watch the league, would be Red Bulls if they were named New Jersey.

Intl Soccer: Don't watch much, a little English League, Everton

Over the years I have stopped rooting for one specific team as much as players who I think represent similar values or motivate me.

However for teams it’s mostly Rutgers, Devils and Yankees. NBA I like but use to be nets fan. Now I root for certain players and teams.
For football I’m likely done with the Jets. Woody is a joke and so is the team.

MLB: Mets
NBA: Don’t care
NHL: Never cared
NFL: Vikings, but don’t really watch anymore
MLS: Red Bull
EPL: Tottenham Hotspur

MLB: Yankees (and it’s barely an interest...remnant from when dad would follow their every move; not watching this season)
NHL: no interest
NBA: no interest
NFL: Giants (barely)
Soccer (any soccer): no interest

NY liberty, Knicks, jets, mets, rangers, rutgers, team USA especially women's soccer.

NBA: Knicks when IGAF
NHL: Rangers
NFL: Giants
MLS: NYCFC
EPL: Manchester City

Yankees
NY Giants
Rangers
Used to be the Knicks, now n/a
Me too. They were the only teams in the metropolitan area when I first started paying attention to sports.
Although I haven't really watched a Rangers or Knicks game in years.

Reactions: batts
Nats, KC Chiefs, StL Blues, Raptors, plus Clemson football and Duke BB. For now

College: Rutgers
GAA: Galway & Roscommon
NFL: Jets, but I'd like to see Football Team win the Super Bowl just for the humor of it
MLB: Yankees, although I kind of lost interest in baseball about 10 years ago

Reactions: JDNB
College: Rutgers and Big Ten Football/Basketball (A Passion)
NHL: Devils. Also enjoy watching San Jose Sharks and Buffalo Sabre games
NFL: Jets although it's incredibly painful and I've tuned out over the past 2-3 years. Also enjoy Cleveland Browns and Carolina Panther games
NBA: At a Crossroads. Used to be huge Knick fan and haven't watched the Knicks or NBA in at least 2 decades. I watched a few NBA games this weekend for the first time in many years and don't recognize the game. College Basketball is so much better
Soccer: Can't do it. Always thought I'd end up watching Premier League games, however, just never got into it

GAA: Galway & Roscommon
NFL: Jets, but I'd like to see Football Team win the Super Bowl just for the humor of it
MLB: Yankees, although I kind of lost interest in baseball about 10 years ago
Go Galway, mother is from Galway, otherwise Mets, NY Giants,

Reactions: robcac26
MLB : Braves
NFL: Falcons
MLS: AL United
NBA : Hawks

NHL - Grew up in NJ avid Ranger fan(before Devil's).. Followed Thrashers, but ownership was HORRID. after they left town,. NHL has zero coverage down here and I have not gotten back into it to fully follow NY Rangers

EPL: Man City I guess, daughters boyfriend is big fan, so I'll root for them and follow somewhat to give us things to talk about.

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA - Philly teams in that order.

Don't really follow any other pro sports.

Would rather see RU win a championship in football or bball before any pro team though.

A totally non-political thread.

Obviously Rutgers is the favorite for college teams so let's keep it to pro sports.

Who are your favorite Pro Sports teams in these leagues.

I'll start it off.

NFL: Chiefs, but I'm going to take a break from the league until further notice.

NBA: I don't watch the league at all , was a Nets fan a long time ago.

MLS: I don't watch the league, would be Red Bulls if they were named New Jersey.

Intl Soccer: Don't watch much, a little English League, Everton

MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
NHL: none
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers
MLS: none
International soccer: none
Boxing: Danny Garcia

NFL: Steelers
NBA: Used to be Nets. Haven't watched in 18-20 years
MLB: Don't watch
WNBA: Just kidding

Reactions: koleszar
NFL -Giants (needs no explanation)
NHL - Flyers (Mom/Rangers, Stepdad/Islanders, no way picking those two, Flyer games were on ch. 9)
MLB - Mets (don't watch but read about)
NBA - Nets (don't watch or care at all)
Soccer - USA men's (only soccer I watch is us vs the world)
Boxing - Marvelous Marvin Hagler (classiest boxer ever got screwed vs. ballroom dancing Leonard)
NASCAR - Martin Truex Jr (he's from NJ but this year he sucks not huge fan)

NHL - Flyers (Mom/Rangers, Stepdad/Islanders, no way picking those two, Flyer games were on ch. 9)
Boxing - Marvelous Marvin Hagler (classiest boxer ever got screwed vs. ballroom dancing Leonard)

Curious, how old are you?

I don't ever recall a Philly sports team being on Channel 9 NY

Yankee fan at least since birth and maybe earlier. Can recite the lineup of the 1950 Yankees, including several subs, but cannot remember what I had for breakfast. Giants, Knicks, Washington Caps. Would rather watch cricket than soccer. Still remember what a guy from our English counterpart, who had his nose broken six times playing rugby said about soccer. Rugby is a game for thugs that is played by gentlemen. Football is a game for gentlemen that is played by thugs

I only like football a lot (Giants mostly, but I was in awe of Lambert/Green Steelers)
Baseball is for kids and seniors
Basketball is for parochial schools and colleges with bad football (NBA is for China and Kimmy Ding Dong)
Hockey is for foreign players and fans with bad hair but hairy backs - although a big number of beautiful women like hockey

Last edited:
Yankees, Chargers. Hadn't watched an NHL or NBA game since the Devils or Nets were decent.

NHL-New Jersey Devils of course
NFL-Philadelphia Eagles
MLB-Philadelphia Phillies
NBA-Borrring ( Would at least pay attention once we get Rutgers players in again)
NASCAR—New Jersey’s own Martin Truex Jr.
Soccer—No interest
Australian Rules Football-Fremantle Dockers
CFL-Saskatchewan Roughriders

Kole, Martin May or May not finish as champion again, but he is 7th out of 38 drivers right now.

That may have been an every once in a while situation. Haven’t seen it lately, but sometimes the Philly stations used to televise Capitals and Bullets/Wizards games.

Remember when the Meadowlands Arena used to host the Devils, Nets, Seton Hall, and the Rockets and Cosmos indoor soccer teams. Not sure if it was the same exact year, but roughly the same era had an indoor lacrosse team , pro roller hockey,and arena football league team. Throw in concerts, ice shows, and the circus too. Plenty of work for ushers, box office, snack stand, and parking lot staff back then.

Yankees
Jets
Tottenham Hotspur
Rutgers

Stopped following the NBA after the Nets moved to Brooklyn. Stopped following NHL way before that. Follow the Yankees, but can't find it in me to watch games until Sept/Oct. These days, it's Spurs, Rutgers, Jets, Yanks, in that order.

Rutgers Football and Basketball
Yankees
NY Giants
Devils
76ers

Soccer: Can't do it. Always thought I'd end up watching Premier League games, however, just never got into it
+1
Hard to get into soccer when it is so damn boring

MLB = Yanks
NFL = Raiders
NHL = Rangers
NBA = Don't care
Soccer = yeah right, boring at any level
Quidditch = Bulgarian National Team (Go Krum!)

Last edited:
Reactions: RURM85
Yankees, Cowboys. Don't really watch NBA anymore. But really my favorite team aremy fantasy football/baseball teams since I control them

It used to be before cable(did I just date myself [roll])

Kole, Martin May or May not finish as champion again, but he is 7th out of 38 drivers right now.
O I didn't know that. Like I said not a huge fan but the 1st few races he sucked. My one employee told me(he's a huge fan of the sport), what did you expect he has a new team and it takes time to work out the kinks. I guess he was 100% correct

NFL: Giants
NHL: Rangers

Back in the 70’s, Sunday night television absolutely sucked! The only thing on television after 10pm besides Joe Franklin and religious programs were the Rangers. My brother and I became Ranger fans. The players we rooted for were Eddie Giacoman, Jean Ratelle, Brad Park and Vic Hadfield. I have to admit however, my interest in the NHL and hockey has definitely waned.

Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT