ADVERTISEMENT

OTB: Before Rutgers Day on BTN, look back at Rutgers vs. Floriday

Glad this game is on. My third best game to be at after PSU-RU for A-10 championship and UNLV game when we beat Tark. Good article and yes Rosario did play. And have not seen this game since I was there.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpwhite
Glad this game is on. My third best game to be at after PSU-RU for A-10 championship and UNLV game when we beat Tark. Good article and yes Rosario did play. And have not seen this game since I was there.

I was looking back at my original gamer for OTB after that night and I forgot that Rosario and Dane Miller got technicals after getting in a scuffle.

Reactions: DirtyRU and shields
With the game condensed, I hope they don't omit Raftery's line of the night. With the crowd loudly booing Rosario every time he touches the ball, the play by play guy asks if this isn't a little harsh. Raftery replies, "This is New Jersey! I get that reception when I come home every night!"

Ironically Rice got more out of Biruta than Hurley ever did. He was a decent coach who got the most out of his players. We had no business winning this game.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
It's sad how many of these RU players transferred... Carter, Randall, Seagears, Poole, Biruta. Mack and Miller are the only guys who stuck around for four years, and Miller played in a funk during the second half of his senior season.

Great game, and where did Poole transfer to? Glad Seagers transfered. Tim Welsh called him a disgrace to the uniform.

Last edited:
Ironically Rice got more out of Biruta than Hurley ever did. He was a decent coach who got the most out of his players. We had no business winning this game.
We paid to get Rice his counseling.. sure we fined him $50K but spent much more than that on lawyers and settlements. If a rehabilitated Mike Rice ever makes it back to coaching.. he will do well. If a Liberty U can take Hugh Freeze.. they can take Mike Rice for basketball.,, though their current coach is doing fine. Just saying there has to be a school out there that can use Mike Rice... who is now, I suppose, the head coach of Princeton Arts & Sports Academy (PASA) in West Windsor Township, N.J

Great game. A lot of times, these big early season opponents end up faltering, but that Florida team was legit. I believe they made the Elite 8 and had Louisville on the ropes in that Elite 8 game before losing, or maybe it went to OT. Eli Carter and Myles Mack can always talk about that time they outdueled Bradley Beal.

Thank you night man was going to look up how far Florida went that year.

Watching both hoops games last night, Indiana and Fla, it was amazing how far down we were and came back and won. Kinda makes the blow out win from start to finish of a potential Sweet 16 SHU (End of year we were better and going farther) team this year that much sweeter.

118 looked a lot better with fans packed in. 118 remembers!

Reactions: jersey07080
Watching this game, I really miss the RAC's old lighting. EVERYTHING is so crisp and clear. The "boxing" lights in use the past several seasons prevents viewers from seeing the RAC in all its glory.
I wanted to start a thread about this topic but glad that others noticed the court-arena lighting as well, as the difference was very noticeable.
I wish RU would reconsider reverting after reviewing that RU-Florida game in particular.
In addition to the better 2011-era RAC lighting surrounding the court, the mid-court cameras seemed to be closer to the court and player identity seemed much more crisp.
It seemed that you could almost see the eyes of the players and the coaches.
Perhaps it could be a production/equipment issue that ESPN's deeper pockets afforded better quality camera equipment - which BTN might not yet have.
I've compared the Florida game to 2020 games on my DVR and in 2020 I see a lot of the backs of heads in the first 5-6 rows for the main view, whereas in 2011 I see maybe 2 rows.
My read on the (in my opinion) poorly updated B1G-era lighting situation is that RU is trying to mask the fact that the RAC is not really a B1G level arena - trying to hide the corners and lobby area from camera view.
Also, The RAC looked better with Section 118 vs the new barstool section.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Florida game is on again today, at 2PM. Carter and Mack were so good.
I wonder how Rosario felt watching two players that were obviously better than him leading Rutgers to victory over a team he couldn't get much playing time with

Reactions: shields
I wonder how Rosario felt watching two players that were obviously better than him leading Rutgers to victory over a team he couldn't get much playing time with

I’m sure he had a lot of regrets when he started every game the following year and his team finished first in the SEC and made it all the way to the elite 8.

Reactions: dontestrond
ADVERTISEMENT