ADVERTISEMENT

Other Notable Games

RUcrazee

Senior
Jan 23, 2020
Mich St v Purdue on BTN.

Lasha shining in the role we pleaded with Tim to use her in. Some comments about RU mentioned earlier in the broadcast. Just stated that she learned a lot from her time here but needed something different. Katie Gearlds was able to sell her on having offensive freedom. 😣

Two good finishes tonight.

First Purdue v Maryland. Maryland got Abby Meyer incorporated into the flow and Sellers is still the swiss army knife of the squad. Still playing without a full strength Lavender Briggs. Purdue playing tough again, Lasha with a good start. They need more post presence to really be a threat, IMO.

UConn v Princeton. What fight in Princeton. They play extremely hard to the final buzzer. Should have beaten UConn with a few more FT makes and taking advantage of some more opportunities that they earned down the stretch.

Aubrey Griffin just put UConn on her back,. Good for her to finally be healthy and able to play at the high level that she is.

The frosh., Madison St Rose(St John Vianney) cooly hit a big three in the final minutes off the bench. The relentless effort and attacking offense that Princeton employs reminded me of the way our team played Sunday versus Ohio St. Applying pressure by continuing to attack and make baskets. Princeton was able to also apply pressure (full court) defensively causing numerous turnovers. UConn turned it over 19 times in the second half alone. Princeton fell short but showed tons of grit.

Three more really good games today. Didn't get a chance to focus on them due to Football Sunday. Caught the end of both Md- UConn and Florida- Miami. Missed the Ohio St- Mich St game entirely.

I know this board is mainly RU diehards, but did anybody catch any of those or other good games? I can't be the only one paying attention to these other games.

If anybody caught them and has any observations to share, it would be much appreciated.

ScarletteK, I know how you feel when you post that you feel like you're talking to yourself at times on here. We gotta liven this thing up a little bit. It's somewhat disappointing having to go to other boards , especially that of our old BigE nemesis to the north of us, to be able to get good comprehensive WCBB conversation. Not saying we need to become them, but for the sake of our program's relevance, it may help generate more interest for us if outsiders/recruits/etc check our board and don't hear crickets when they do.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Three more really good games today. Didn't get a chance to focus on them due to Football Sunday. Caught the end of both Md- UConn and Florida- Miami. Missed the Ohio St- Mich St game entirely.

I know this board is mainly RU diehards, but did anybody catch any of those or other good games? I can't be the only one paying attention to these other games.

If anybody caught them and has any observations to share, it would be much appreciated.

ScarletteK, I know how you feel when you post that you feel like you're talking to yourself at times on here. We gotta liven this thing up a little bit. It's somewhat disappointing having to go to other boards , especially that of our old BigE nemesis to the north of us, to be able to get good comprehensive WCBB conversation. Not saying we need to become them, but for the sake of our program's relevance, it may help generate more interest for us if outsiders/recruits/etc check our board and don't hear crickets when they do.
I watch a selection of WBB games - I tape a lot of football so today I was able to tape Louisville / Ky and the first 2 you mentioned only. There were other WBB games on TV I couldn't tape, but they didn't look overly exciting. (I have NFL Sunday Ticket).

My experience is that, generally, most RU fans just don't really follow the sport as a whole. I participate a variable amount on the Boneyard - I generally avoid the purely UConn stuff, but they have the sub-board for other WBB as well. If I generally follow WBB as a whole, some of those fans are far more into it than I am. It is an interesting place to visit and I have found some insight there. I post more about Arizona (because I see games in person) than Rutgers, which I rarely see, even if I am rooting for them.

I watch a selection of WBB games - I tape a lot of football so today I was able to tape Louisville / Ky and the first 2 you mentioned only. There were other WBB games on TV I couldn't tape, but they didn't look overly exciting. (I have NFL Sunday Ticket).

My experience is that, generally, most RU fans just don't really follow the sport as a whole. I participate a variable amount on the Boneyard - I generally avoid the purely UConn stuff, but they have the sub-board for other WBB as well. If I generally follow WBB as a whole, some of those fans are far more into it than I am. It is an interesting place to visit and I have found some insight there. I post more about Arizona (because I see games in person) than Rutgers, which I rarely see, even if I am rooting for them.
Have always enjoyed your insightful posts, whether here or on the boneyard. I stick to the general portion of their site also. I also get good conversation from the LVol board. Just have to scroll past all the "extra" stuff.

Thanks for the insight you provide into Adia's program. ...Since we rarely get to see them.

Two good games I caught a little bit of today........Harvard v. Princeton and Ohio St v Mich. You know both conferences and the women's game in general have made strides when we can now say that these matchups are of national note.

The B1G has gotten so much tougher with each year since Md and our addition back in 2014??. Honestly, I'm surprised at how well the conference is handling itself against what I expected to be, clearly, the best conferences, ...ACC and SEC. We don't play many of the PAC12 teams(they have a solid argument for being the top conf. too).

Harvard has a new coach who, apparently is doing good things with that program. They held on for the win over Princeton.

Ohio St. continues to impress with the play of Thierry, and the frosh, in the absence of their starting backcourt(Sheldon and Greene). Mich showed heart and toughness in making it interesting at the finish. OSU runs that press extremely effectively.. Kinda reminds me of another team that had a dominant press🤔.

Two good games I caught a little bit of today........Harvard v. Princeton and Ohio St v Mich. You know both conferences and the women's game in general have made strides when we can now say that these matchups are of national note.

The B1G has gotten so much tougher with each year since Md and our addition back in 2014??. Honestly, I'm surprised at how well the conference is handling itself against what I expected to be, clearly, the best conferences, ...ACC and SEC. We don't play many of the PAC12 teams(they have a solid argument for being the top conf. too).

Harvard has a new coach who, apparently is doing good things with that program. They held on for the win over Princeton.

Ohio St. continues to impress with the play of Thierry, and the frosh, in the absence of their starting backcourt(Sheldon and Greene). Mich showed heart and toughness in making it interesting at the finish. OSU runs that press extremely effectively.. Kinda reminds me of another team that had a dominant press🤔.
The Ohio State game was excellent. The B1G's historical problem was never that it wasn't a top level conference, but that a lot of the conference played a similar style of play that was not always successful against teams from other conferences. Thus, it struggled to make deep runs in the tourney. With the change in coaches over the years, the conference is more competitive.

I doubt there is much national interest in Harvard and even Princeton. Princeton has a strong potential of being a player on the national stage, but apparently not this year. That said, I'm not expecting them to be Final Four contenders. The Ivy will always suffer from the lack of scholarships, and limited pool of players.

The B1G's historical problem was never that it wasn't a top level conference, but that a lot of the conference played a similar style of play that was not always successful against teams from other conferences. Thus, it struggled to make deep runs in the tourney. With the change in coaches over the years, the conference is more competitive.
Totally agree about much of the conference playing a similar style that wasn't highly effective against the other conferences. Good point about the coaching changes. Many of those occurred around the same time we and Md joined. I still feel like Md and RU coming into the picture forced teams to raise their style of play and the caliber of players they recruit, with exception of OSU and Iowa, who were already established as top 25 regulars.

Regarding Princeton and Harvard, ....in no way was I even hinting at either of them being Final Four candidates. I think Princeton has done enough in recent years to garner the eye of some people nationally. Having been ranked in the initial Top 25, probably has some people taking note of their results from a nationally televised game. Harvard took advantage of the opportunity to put some good publicity out for their program and to introduce a new coach. Last they were thought about nationally was the Allison Feaster days.

The fact that Princeton is now out-recruiting many P5 schools is being taken note of. Interesting article talking about it:

Here comes the Illini. Good win vs Iowa. Missed the first game, saw Lasha had another 18pt outing in a win over Wisc.

Shauna has it going already. Nice crowd, team playing well. How about Genesis Bryant. I knew she'd be a good get for somebody the minute she went into the portal at NC St. I guess she saw the writing on the wall with Diamond there, A. James, and now Sania Rivers coming in from S. Car. She was on my early PG wish list.

Indy-Md in a close one, 35-27 Indy up at half.

FLORIDA STATE! destroying NC St by 24 midway through the third.
Wes still seems to be trying to find the right combos. IMO, Sania Rivers needs to stay on the court.

First time seeing Fl St's super frosh, Latson. She's the real deal just as Smikle has been in the B1G

Latson is gonna be Frosh of the year

ADVERTISEMENT