ADVERTISEMENT

Our fourth Guard

wrsu/74

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
Obviously, we will need someone to step up and be the fourth guard. Bullock seems to be everyone's favorite. It's a real opportunity for the three walk ons. Perhaps one of them will seize the opportunity.

Barring injuries, we should not be relying on walkons, unless we want another season with a win total around 8.

Bullock may have a little weight to lose (if he was the one that Pikiell was referring to), but it sounds like he has the skills to be a solid Big Ten player. I'm looking forward to seeing him live.

Barring injuries, we should not be relying on walkons, unless we want another season with a win total around 8.

Bullock may have a little weight to lose (if he was the one that Pikiell was referring to), but it sounds like he has the skills to be a solid Big Ten player. I'm looking forward to seeing him live.
On saw him play one game in the finals vs Patrick School but he was terrific. Dunked from one step inside the foul line

In time Bullock could be a solid complementary piece for the team. I do not believe it will occur during his freshman year, however. He will need to adjust to the quickness of Big players, and will not be able to overpower collegiate players with his size as he did in high school.

Bullock is the type of role player that every quality team needs - once he gets more experience. The problem for RU is that we currently have too many complementary type role players and an insufficient amount of more talented individuals.

We only have 2 walk ons at this time (Batie and Dadika). I think that Laurent could fill in at guard in a pinch. The day in the spring that I saw guys practicing he was practicing with the guards and not the big guys. Pikiell has stated that Thiam could play some guard as well.

Pikiell has pretty much said that our fourth guard will be Thiam. He is really impressed on how he can shoot.

In time Bullock could be a solid complementary piece for the team. I do not believe it will occur during his freshman year, however. He will need to adjust to the quickness of Big players, and will not be able to overpower collegiate players with his size as he did in high school.

Bullock is the type of role player that every quality team needs - once he gets more experience. The problem for RU is that we currently have too many complementary type role players and an insufficient amount of more talented individuals.
Decades of futility prove your point.Complementary players aren't the answer to winning in a power conference.

Reactions: Local Shill
When are people going to stop talking about walk-ons having regular roles? It's as if some on this board are just taking up the game for the first time. A walk-on's role is to help prepare a team for a game, not to play in the game. If a walk on earns a role, it's fun but it's a rarity. You hope to get everything you can out of your front line talent.

Bullock is going to play and likely at the 2 at times by necessity. How many minutes will depend on a number of factors.

ADVERTISEMENT