ADVERTISEMENT

Our women passed the test!

RU MAN

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2001
Way to go ladies! With two tough opponents--Purdue and Michigan State coming to the RAC our women passed the test! Both of those teams are very tough and our ladies met the challenge.

I am hoping our women learned something from the Purdue game where they were up 14 in the middle of the 4th quarter and allowed that entire lead to disappear causing them to go to OT to secure the win. In today's game against MSU, our women were up 18 to start the 4th quarter and in no time, MSU went on an 8-0 run to bring our lead down to 10 points in only a matter of a few minutes. But here is where our ladies did NOT wilt and kept the pressure on and stopped the bleeding pulling back ahead with a very comfortable and impressive win over the 17th ranked Spartans.

IMO, these last two games were the test even though we were home. And as many of you know, our women are at a slight disadvantage because they don't draw like the men do to make the RAC a more intimidating place to play as it could be. So kudos to our ladies, C. Viv and her coaches to keep this wonderful streak going. I'm really proud of them and so far their resiliency is undeniable.

I have not been following them that closely but they are certainly finding a way to get it done. I thought today was a good test for them. Nice job.

Way to go ladies! With two tough opponents--Purdue and Michigan State coming to the RAC our women passed the test! Both of those teams are very tough and our ladies met the challenge.

I am hoping our women learned something from the Purdue game where they were up 14 in the middle of the 4th quarter and allowed that entire lead to disappear causing them to go to OT to secure the win. In today's game against MSU, our women were up 18 to start the 4th quarter and in no time, MSU went on an 8-0 run to bring our lead down to 10 points in only a matter of a few minutes. But here is where our ladies did NOT wilt and kept the pressure on and stopped the bleeding pulling back ahead with a very comfortable and impressive win over the 17th ranked Spartans.

IMO, these last two games were the test even though we were home. And as many of you know, our women are at a slight disadvantage because they don't draw like the men do to make the RAC a more intimidating place to play as it could be. So kudos to our ladies, C. Viv and her coaches to keep this wonderful streak going. I'm really proud of them and so far their resiliency is undeniable.
I agree. The harder test is coming up this Wednesday.

Reactions: motorb54
This is a fun team to cheer for. Thanx for the great B-ball ladies.

They are fun to watch. As I watched capable player after capable player come off the bench as subs, I was overjoyed that we, after a long time without it, finally have some quality depth again. This was in impressive win. I mean, they handled MSU.

I agree. The harder test is coming up this Wednesday.
You are right of course, but I hate to think in those terms. If winning means we passed the test as OP suggests, would losing connote failure? I would hope not. In this league, every team loses games and we will be no exception. Of the remaining 11 games (assuming the Charlotte postponement is not rescheduled) SIX are against ranked teams. Maybe we can go 7-4 against that schedule. That would get us to 14-4 in conference and I believe would be good enough for the regular season title!

Reactions: HeyHuey
They took care of business and beat a good team at home that is in their same tier. It feels like this team has the same vibe as those Stringer teams from the late 90s and 2000s. I won't be upset with a road loss to Iowa, but think a win there is certainly close to 50/50, if not a slight edge to RU.

Reactions: KevH
They took care of business and beat a good team at home that is in their same tier. It feels like this team has the same vibe as those Stringer teams from the late 90s and 2000s. I won't be upset with a road loss to Iowa, but think a win there is certainly close to 50/50, if not a slight edge to RU.
I see Iowa and Maryland as our main competitors for a Big 10 title, so that places the importance on this lone head to head match up.

I see Iowa and Maryland as our main competitors for a Big 10 title, so that places the importance on this lone head to head match up.

Great point on that. I like that we have a bit of a cushion in the standings, but having head to head tiebreaker in our back pocket would be nice.

And as many of you know, our women are at a slight disadvantage because they don't draw like the men do to make the RAC a more intimidating place to play as it could be.

This is a sad but true statement....especially given the high caliber of play CVS' squads have performed at over time. Back in the late '80's under Grentz the RAC was pretty intimidating even at Women's games (mainly because Littlepage was running the program into the ground before Wenzel briefly woke it up...)

Reactions: RU MAN
This is a sad but true statement....especially given the high caliber of play CVS' squads have performed at over time. Back in the late '80's under Grentz the RAC was pretty intimidating even at Women's games (mainly because Littlepage was running the program into the ground before Wenzel briefly woke it up...)
RUHouston, I remember those days well.

RUHouston, I remember those days well.
Not even that long ago. Just 4 years ago (our first in the B1G) we hosted I think Tennessee and UNC a few weeks apart, and both games nearly sold out the RAC. We’re a far cry from that now but that wasn’t long ago at all. I don’t know what it’ll take to get a crowd like that again at home. Football has really taken the air out of the general RU sports fan base. That said, if we are in a place to clinch the big ten regular season championship in our last home game, I think it’ll be filled to capacity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT