ADVERTISEMENT

Outrageously priced single-game tickets went on sale today...RU is going to sell dozens and dozens

I can't speak for other season ticket holders, but personally it doesn't bother me if the university sells tickets for a greatly reduced price to fill seats in the stadium. I would rather see the seats filled even if they have to give tickets away. As a season ticket holder I view the cost of the seats as a donation to the football program, not based on the value of attending a particular game. I would give X amount of $s each year even if I didn't plan on attending one game, but since I do attend, I just subtract the amount of the tickets from the amount I was planning on donating for the year and give the remaining amount as a cash donation. The program gets the same amount of money from me if I buy tickets or I don't. Anyway, that is how I look at it and why I don't get upset if somebody attends the games for next to nothing.

Alumni that love their school do not make excuses for why one should not donate or not buy tickets. You donate because you are a Rutgers grad and hope your efforts lead to a better outcome. You don't give up!

I’m an alumnus of Rutgers College and GSM, not RU football. There’s shouldn’t be an expectation that I donate to football.

If a season ticket holder wants to sell a 50 yard line seat in the lower deck for $20.00 I do not have a problem with that since they have invested in the program by buying season tickets. But if the school starts putting unsold tix below face value, I do have a problem with that. I understand the need to fill the stadium but what message are you sending to your best customers?
Could the school be selling parking passes above face value? I see single offerings of eight scarlet passes on stubhub at inflated prices. Who is the seller of these? The school would never do that with their preferred ticket partner, I'm sure. $$$$

Alumni that love their school do not make excuses for why one should not donate or not buy tickets. You donate because you are a Rutgers grad and hope your efforts lead to a better outcome. You don't give up!

No one is making excuses for anything; people aren’t buying tickets because the current football leadership is terrible. You seem to think buying tickets = donating. You can donate without buying tickets.

...know what might be more lame than people not donating enough? Blaming fans for not buying season tickets to a program that has won 11 games in 4 years, loses their conference games by an average of 3+ scores and was frequently in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Joe P.

It's a two way street.how about Barchi and the BOG allows the school or Donors to get rid of Ash and show they are serious about creating a program that can compete at power 5 level,and not just money grab the B10 share money?

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Complain, complain, Complain! This message board is quite depressing to read. 70,000 alums in the New York metro area and 4,000 contribute to the school. I would call that a "cheap" Alumni base. True fans don't complain about ticket prices because they know their purchases actually support the team and Rutgers. If you want good athletic teams you must support the teams with your donations and ticket purchases. More money means better salaries for better coaches, better facilities, improved recruiting and better teams to cheer for.
Seriously you post this drivel?

give that shit away. Its going to be empty.
every season tix holder gets 2 free tix to that game. There will be plenty of free ones out there. Finding 2 more people to go with me will be the real issue.

I'll be excited for opening game on a friday night into the holiday weekend...just not yet...let the summer run for a bit...

Maybe Hobbs should do a National Lampoon and rent some billboards with this message:IF YOU DON'T BUY RUTGERS SEASON TICKETS,WE'LL KILL THIS DOG

33726831296_436f60f683_b.jpg
Sorry that the truth hurts!

Not remotely close to the truth.
Reality check.

Last edited:
Apparently you don't know how the Rutgers Administration works. You really think we got into this B1G thing to compete? Nope, this was nothing more than a cash grab for the Administration. Basically they've taken any increase in pay and instead of reinvesting it back into athletics, cashed those checks to reduce Direct Institutional Support.

Plus you try sitting through the crap product we have? I have and it hasn't been fun. I don't blame a single person for dropping tickets or not donating. If the Administration doesn't care, why should they? This isn't Nebraska where it's the only game in town. People have plenty of options to be entertained and they'd rather spend their hard earned money on a good product.
This is absolutely true. Barchi has one goal and only one goal when it comes to Rutgers athletics, and that is to reduce the deficit. He is quite content with Rutgers being in the bottom of the B10 for the foreseeable future. Therefore, he may very well give Ash another two or three or more years regardless of the win/loss record.

Reactions: koleszar and MR RU
RU couldn't even give these away for free to a homeless dude.. even with free food[laughing]

This is absolutely true. Barchi has one goal and only one goal when it comes to Rutgers athletics, and that is to reduce the deficit. He is quite content with Rutgers being in the bottom of the B10 for the foreseeable future. Therefore, he may very well give Ash another two or three or more years regardless of the win/loss record.
there is no way that the following groups will ALLOW Ash to remain after another disaster season.
1.Fan Base.
2.Media.
3.Donors.
4.B10.

Reactions: RU#1fan
Ash needs to go
he should NOT be here for this season.
Hobbs needs to be FIRED if ASH remains after this season.
Hobbs should be aware of the Bus driver,and go back an revisit the Mike Rice scandal if he wants to survive.
IMHO.

I get it if you don’t want to piss off season ticket holders by lowering too much, but you need to fill the seats as much as you can, it’s already embarrassing enough and the revenue keeps declining.
At this point, just send my an extra end zone ticket for every season ticket I have and they can sell the rest for $10. I’ll do a better job filling that seat than someone taking a paycheck to fill the seat.

there is no way that the following groups will ALLOW Ash to remain after another disaster season.
1.Fan Base.
2.Media.
3.Donors.
4.B10.
The first three will influence whether Ash stays or goes. The B1G will not get involved, and I have heard the argument that they don't want the program in their largest market to be pitiful, but that is exactly what they allowed to happen for over a decade in their then largest market, Chicago, without interfering. They want access to Chicago and New York markets, the conference is not concerned whether we produce a competitive program to the level of actually interjecting itself into how we run our program.

Reactions: koleszar
he should NOT be here for this season.
Hobbs needs to be FIRED if ASH remains after this season.
Hobbs should be aware of the Bus driver,and go back an revisit the Mike Rice scandal if he wants to survive.
IMHO.
You post the same message over and over. Why exactly should we listen to you?

Reactions: Knight Shift
Dear god, it's hard to believe those days actually existed:
Single-game tickets for the 2007 Rutgers football season will only be available to individuals on the season ticket waiting list, the Rutgers Athletic Department announced today. There will be no general public sale of single-game tickets this season.

"Due to the overwhelming demand for football season tickets and with close to 6,000 season ticket requests on our waiting list, we do not have the ability to offer single-game tickets to the general public," said Rutgers Director of Athletics Robert E. Mulcahy.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Blame it on the fans. You are a complete idiot.
BTW the way the more we pay the less the school donates. Some of you clowns just don't get it.

The B1G will not get involved, and I have heard the argument that they don't want the program in their largest market to be pitiful, but that is exactly what they allowed to happen for over a decade in their then largest market, Chicago, without interfering. They want access to Chicago and New York markets, the conference is not concerned whether we produce a competitive program to the level of actually interjecting itself into how we run our program.
Yup, the other schools could give a rat's ass if we remain the doormat of the conference for the next 100 years. As long as we keep providing those BTN subscriber fees and making them rich they could care less.
The B1G does care that the money you receive from BTN goes to Athletics. As they do have a product to protect.

However with our subsidy, Barchi and the BOG have made sure they get their share 1st, then athletics can have the rest once they're done. Like I've always said the Rutgers Administration treats Athletics like a foreign entity and not part of the University.

until Ash is gone and others (maybe like you) stop enabling Hobbs and Barchi to put an embarrassing effort into fixing football,the message will continue .
Just for the record, I supported the last years' strategy of giving our best freshman and sophomores significant playing time. We will see immediately in the MassU game whether this yields improved football. But to say that I am enabling the Athletic Director and the Head Coach to continue to put out an embarrassing effort is silly and naïve. I strongly suggest you say less in future posts.

One thing Hobbs has badly whiffed on is ticket sales. I have no idea why they insist on trying to sell tickets to a piss poor opponent (Texas State, Morgan State, UMASS) for $75 a seat. Who is actually paying that?

Use the Pernetti approach and sell 2 for $30 in the upper decks of those games. We wound up getting 50k to watch Howard one year when he did that. Family of 4 comes out, spends $60 on tickets, $30 on parking and another $30 on concessions. Full house. Better than getting 32k for UMASS because they’re $75 each and $0 from the empty seat. It’s supply/demand, basic economics.
Fairies grant wishes:
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...ts-and-promotions-no-fees-2-days-only.170015/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT