ADVERTISEMENT

Pacheco and NFL?

Also said Pop is his favorite B1G player. Amazing no one has complained about him today. Cock nose mentioned about three plays into game, although Mowens used phrase tilted nose.

I get the sense his quickness will limit him to FA, but someone will certainly pick him up.

I’m not sure he will get drafted, will definitely get a FA try. It’s very early for the 2022 draft but the RU names I’ve heard as possible draft picks are Melton, Fatukasi and Avery Young.

Remember he’s a Junior

He’ll be running behind a much better OLine next year, and also an improving one this year

Predicting now that he’ll be a draft pick. Great ball security, improved passing game, excellent instincts, and aggressively hits the hole

Kid has had 80 yard td vs Michigan and 45 td vs northwestern. The line is not good. Needs to go to the right team.

Reactions: Greg2020
He could very well make it in the NFL. His problems are the OLine and his lack of big production. The running back position is loaded. So, he is going to have to up his production and hope the right team drafts him. The right team meaning the right system. He has the talent, but might well get squeezed in the numbers game, unfortunately.

Reactions: shields
My knock on him was his blocking in the passing game. Haven’t noticed much this year, but last year he was consistently blocking no one. And that was the bigbest dropoff going from Quitshear to Pacheco. Quitshear wasn’t much more productive on the ground, but is a better in the passing game both as a blocker and as a receiver.

Similar size to Ahmad Bradshaw
Similar gallop when in open field

Actually bigger than Bradshaw and isn't as quick with respect to his cuts. Tough runner and improved blocker he'll get at least a look as an UDFA. And as Millen said, he could be a ST contributor on kick coverage.

I am a big fan of his but he is missing something. I can't put my finger on it. Is it vision, patience? Don't know but he's close to being a very good back. Hope he figures it out.

Also said Pop is his favorite B1G player. Amazing no one has complained about him today. Cock nose mentioned about three plays into game, although Mowens used phrase tilted nose.
It was Lisa Byington with him yesterday. She took the play by play job with the Milwaukee Bucks so I guess we won't have her around much longer

You just need to get him in space or run him off tackle. We literally try to pound him up in the middle so often with a less than stellar OL. He literally wears them down and why other backs are getting respectable runs eventually.

Just go back and look at his TD catch yesterday...we need those more often--you get him running full speed and watch out

Reactions: redking
Pacheco has improved his pass blocking pickups significantly, had a great linebacker pickup on one of the long throws saturday. And overall did a nice job. If he continues the trend in Big action it will be a significant improvement

Reactions: TonyVolt and RW90
Plenty of jobs in the NFL for a guy with his skills and his passion for the game. If he was behind any other OL the past 4 years, he'd be a household name.

Seemed like a typical exaggerated comment to fill the downtime during a rather bland non-conference game. I wouldn’t be stunned if he latched on a roster, but there’s plenty of pachecos in the power 5.

Seemed like a typical exaggerated comment to fill the downtime during a rather bland non-conference game. I wouldn’t be stunned if he latched on a roster, but there’s plenty of pachecos in the power 5.
RB is so hard to predict (which is why you shouldn’t use early picks on them).

I figured Gus Edwards might get a little play as a short yardage back, I never envisioned him doing as well as he has.

People underestimate how much better the NFL is compared to college. I like Pacheco but it'd take quite a bit for him to stick w an NFL team. Remember how absurd the NFL projections were for Caroo on this board? How'd that turn out...

I only take pro draft projections on Rutgers players from HS coaches with a shody Google doc.

Is there a football equivalent someone can site for Pacheco's pro prospects?

People underestimate how much better the NFL is compared to college. I like Pacheco but it'd take quite a bit for him to stick w an NFL team. Remember how absurd the NFL projections were for Caroo on this board? How'd that turn out...
Carroo sabotaged his own career, the talent was there.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT