ADVERTISEMENT

Pacheco Getting Good Looks

Later during the team’s long-drive period, Arrowhead Pride’s Pete Sweeney reported that Jones was getting repetitions with the third team offense. Each of Edwards-Helaire, McKinnon and Pacheco got first-team repetitions. Derrick Gore worked strictly with the second team. All-in-all, Jones didn’t get much action on Thursday.

While our O line play certainly had (and has) issues, another factor that impacted pops performance was the style of play. He has always seemed more comfortable out of a pro set vs the gun/read option. His vision is much better taking a handoff from sets run with the QB under center.

Last edited:
no... it was the offense as a whole... no passing threat.. so many defenders playing the run and run-blitzing every down.

not saying the OL was world beaters.. but with BL and RR and an OL who ended up largely in the NFL... Ds played the run heavily.. and we still grinded out first downs.. because the OL and RBs were execptional. And Teel could throw a bit... and soon would throw a lot and really punish and man coverage where they stacked against the run.

So, no.. our OL last year, and likely this year, will not be as good as that... but I do not know that they deserve all the blame. I think there is a lot of blame to go around.. from QB and skils guys up to the OC box and back down to the OL.

KC also has a QB who is a real threat on every down.. someone who always has the attention of the defense.. that will help any KC RB... especially an outlet pass-catching RB who can see the no-look pass coming... and catch it.
Gleeson!!!!!!!!

Reactions: RUDead
Gleeson!!!!!!!!
In other threads I noted that Gleeson may very well be insisting his offenses runs the plays his offense SHOULD be able to run. That he doesn't have the right people now, but forcing them to run it will pay dividends down the road when he does have the people. (hopefully we see some of that this year)

Also noted that Schiano 1.0 did that with the defense way back when. We suffered through that, but got rewarded.

Reactions: charliem24
In other threads I noted that Gleeson may very well be insisting his offenses runs the plays his offense SHOULD be able to run. That he doesn't have the right people now, but forcing them to run it will pay dividends down the road when he does have the people. (hopefully we see some of that this year)

Also noted that Schiano 1.0 did that with the defense way back when. We suffered through that, but got rewarded.
What offense works well with bad OL play?

CleverAptDrever-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: TheHandOfChaos
How many times do we have to go over this? SOME call it bad OLine play and assume that is responsible for everything.

If you don't want to see the whole picture.. I cannot help you out. I mean, really, you think no team has ever lost the battles on the LOS and still won?

I give you Appalachian State over Michigan. Do you really think the key to that game was a dmoninant OL winning the battle in the trenches?

Please don't respond.

• Haha
Reactions: jtung230
How many times do we have to go over this? SOME call it bad OLine play and assume that is responsible for everything.

If you don't want to see the whole picture.. I cannot help you out. I mean, really, you think no team has ever lost the battles on the LOS and still won?

I give you Appalachian State over Michigan. Do you really think the key to that game was a dmoninant OL winning the battle in the trenches?

Please don't respond.
Your example is 2007 Appalachian State? The FCS champs.

ADVERTISEMENT