ADVERTISEMENT

Palmquist

Game 1 Palmquist came in early and Reiber mopped up.

Game 2 Reiber came in early and Palmquist mopped up.

I was one of the very few Young defenders during his early struggles. His speed and skills were obvious he was just forcing it too much and rusty trying to find his place on the team. I also defended Caleb from the jump and said he clearly had the skill set and he was just being timid as a freshman and would be fine. Its not all about stats when watching players for the first time and projecting out what they are capable of. Mag and Reiber both showed they can play. Reibers feel for the game and bball IQ was obvious after game 1 mop up time and I was calling for him to be above Doucoure immediately which Pike went for and hopefully stays with. Oscar needs some confidence since he is a shooter but it will come.

Reactions: BillyC80
To understand player development ...you really need to know how fast these guys really are, and how big they really are (and how crammed the spacing really is).

Freshmen coming in are always amazed at the Jump that is there On the speed and spacing on the court ...and it takes time to adjust. Some faster than others

then, while not a factor this year, do it for the first time in front of noise and thousand of fans ...it’s an adjustment that is different for each person

ADVERTISEMENT