ADVERTISEMENT

Pancake Thomas

playorbplayd

Freshman
Mar 28, 2016
Not sure of the whole situation but Pancake Thomas is looking to transfer from Hartford for his grad year. Andy Katz tweeted the transfer may be blocked for now, although I assume that will change. If he's looking to start we may not be the place for him, but if not he's a must add.

Would bring much needed firepower for the season, was 42.6% from deep last season. Believe he averaged over a point per possession at New Mexico before transferring to Hartford, dude can flat out score.

Add him as a final piece and this team could be the real deal.

The Pancake found Honey in Hartford and is not on any transfer lists. I checked Corey Evans Verbal commits transfer list and 247 transfer list. The only list I did not check is CBS Goodman list.

Andy KatzESPN Senior Writer
katz_andy_m.jpg

Hartford has released Pancake Thomas, allowing the scoring guard to transfer wherever he wants for his fifth season. Hartford coach John Gallagher released a statement saying: "Our biggest priority for Cleveland was that he graduate from the University of Hartford with a valuable degree. That happened. Beyond wishing him the very best, we don't comment on other program's players. We are very excited about our group and the upcoming season."

Coach Pikiell and Thomas should have familiarity with each other. Stony Brook and Hartford compete against each other.

Seems like this would be a great late pickup to provide depth at the Guard spots.

Anybody know how tall he is?

Reactions: goru7
lol no it was a poorly explained joke I'm an Albany fan also...no real reason to delete it, sorry for the confusion.

Ah fair enough. I didn't want to offend anyone and I might have missed something in the video, figured easier to delete it.

His name is Pancake; he's got a zillion tats; wears a headband; and has a quick release on his three. What's not to like?! Pancake, come on down!

Would guess he will want to play in the tournament or start somewhere, not sure this is a fit, don't need a ball hog, or player to bring problems, think JJ Moore transfer

If he is a misfit then he sits. He has one more year to play ball before life slaps him in the ass. I think he is worth a shot if we get him.

Would guess he will want to play in the tournament or start somewhere, not sure this is a fit, don't need a ball hog, or player to bring problems, think JJ Moore transfer

I don't see that player comp at all, you may be right about the other two things.

if and a big IF he comes here, I really can't see him sitting..Sanders, Johnson, Thomas, Freeman and Sa (guessing we'd go small ball) would be a very good lineup w/ williams, laurent, thiam, doorson, diallo, bullock, omuruyi and gettys off the bench. I honestly think that team would make some noise

Are you asking if our head coach (former UConn star and assistant coach) has any Connecticut connections?

I worded my post very poorly. Any connections to the Hartford program via UConn or to this kid?

Any update on him? Seems like our front court would be improved this year but still need help at guard. This guy would be the best shooter on the team.

Reactions: Potbelly407
Any update on him? Seems like our front court would be improved this year but still need help at guard. This guy would be the best shooter on the team.

Visited Western Kentucky this weekend, haven't heard anything else. Good news is that there hasn't been any word on him committing there yet, next couple days we should know either way.

Reactions: RRRRUUUU
ADVERTISEMENT