ADVERTISEMENT

Papa Kante

MiloTalon13

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 3, 2022
After strong play in the EYBL and Pangos - On3.com has him jumping up to #34 in 2023
The NEPSAC showcase is this weekend where he will have a chance to show what he has in front of tons of coaches.

He has a visit scheduled to Michigan for the next few days, then Maryland and Pitt. Would be a huge recruit to land.

After strong play in the EYBL and Pangos - On3.com has him jumping up to #34 in 2023
The NEPSAC showcase is this weekend where he will have a chance to show what he has in front of tons of coaches.

He has a visit scheduled to Michigan for the next few days, then Maryland and Pitt. Would be a huge recruit to land.
This would be a very difficult get,but a huge one if it happens. I can't emphasize how good this kid is and how he would change the trajectory of the team. You have 2 countervailing forces at work here. A legitimate strong relationship with Griffiths against Juwan making this his number one guy and personally taking over his recruitment. That almost never happens. It has here. Rutgers is in the next tier with Maryland. That is a certainty.

Juwan has vulnerabilities considering his actions the last few years. Will he last at Michigan? I suppose, winning cures all but he has some major issues.
Correct but you think that matters here?
Btw..didn't see a visit scheduled for us so how the heck can anyone think we have a shot unless the kid is saving one for us?

He was considered a strong UM lean but came out yesterday and said he isn't close to a decision
We've got a dog in the recruiting race for Kante. We are not simply a spectator in the battle for his services, which is often the case for prize recruits. As RU72 mentioned, it'll be difficult to convince him that on the banks is the place where he should play his college hoops. RIght now, the main thing is that he is listening closely and often to what Pike and Co. are telling him. If he comes to RU, I don't want anyone to ever utter the words that Pike can't close. No one should be saying it now after luring Griffiths. NOBODY should if Kante joins the Scarlet Knights.

Last edited:
Is Kansas still in on him? I remember reading that there was strong mutual interest there.

Time for some negative recruiting. Need to hammer Howard's behavior issues. Do you want your son being mentored by this man.
If he’s encouraging fights ( Diatribe sp.at Rutgers after a loss) …and slapping another coach (asst coach) -what’s he doing in practices and behind closed doors?

Pass

Mo

The good news is that he is still in play and thus we still have a shot. Ideally we get him for 2023 and has a year to learn from Wiz. I believe Cliff stays all 4 to get his degree and get insured for injury just as JB did.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Smith is looking for a new job after his little incident at the Oscars. Word is he is going into modeling, he wants to become a tue artist and has been in California hanging around sculpting
Studios.

If only it was somehow linked to the Will Smith slap. Juwan’s slap didn’t get enough air time.
Coach Slappy was a little more stealth with his approach, I think that's why it didn't get the air time it deserved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT