ADVERTISEMENT

Paradise Jam

Can't go this year. Went several times before. Stayed in Marriott Timeshare that shares a beach with the Frenchman's Cove Marriott Hotel that RU used as headquarters and got to spend a little time with April Sykes's great family. If I remember right, there were shuttle buses to the venue, but we had a car, and it was an easy drive. (We're comfortable driving on the left from many trips there and to UK and Ireland.) A great time overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: rutgersron
Further to my previous post: IMO, this is a wonderful opportunity to get to know this so-new roster close-up, playing in a small venue against good competition. Sorry I have long-committed alternate plans for that week.

I am hoping to hook up somehow on-line and see the games. Both my teams in the same tourney is great, although I wish that didn't mean they are playing each other.

First of course is Covid and my wife's inability to mingle (immunosuppressed) making us relative homebodies, but I also don't fly. Did for business and suddenly realized, when I no longer had to, that I didn't want to. So I don't, but the bridge to the Virgin Islands seems to be unbuilt.

To all who are going - enjoy!!!!! Please root for my Wildcats when they are not playing Rutgers.

Can't go this year. Went several times before. Stayed in Marriott Timeshare that shares a beach with the Frenchman's Cove Marriott Hotel that RU used as headquarters and got to spend a little time with April Sykes's great family. If I remember right, there were shuttle buses to the venue, but we had a car, and it was an easy drive. (We're comfortable driving on the left from many trips there and to UK and Ireland.) A great time overall.

On September 14th, I was disappointed.

Not so much now.

Funny that when I take taxis and they ask what I am here for and I tell them the Paradise Jam with Rutgers every one responds Vivian Stringer’s team. She is well known. Not saying that we would have won any games but she wouldn’t have tolerated what I saw. Tim just doesn’t have that respect with the team.

ADVERTISEMENT