ADVERTISEMENT

Paramus Catholic paying over $10,000 to play game at Michigan

I wonder if PC alum get bombarded with requests for donations....

I guess this is where their money goes.

They probably get the gate and Michigan will sell enough tickets to make it profitable. This is all too keep it from being a recruiting violation. Letter of the Law Jim got this figured out.

If it is that important to them who cares how much they are paying. It is there money and they can spend it on whatever they feel is important enough to them. I thought these boards frown upon people telling them what to do with their Own money lol.

They probably get the gate and Michigan will sell enough tickets to make it profitable. This is all too keep it from being a recruiting violation. Letter of the Law Jim got this figured out.

GATE? How many people in Michigan will travel to the stadium to see a HS game one day before Michigan opens up against Hawaii? I say beyond the family, they get about 16 paying fans...lol

You would think there are better uses for a high school to spend money than a meaningless football game, but what do I know? Bosco and BC do the same thing, right?

Reactions: RUinBoston
GATE? How many people in Michigan will travel to the stadium to see a HS game one day before Michigan opens up against Hawaii? I say beyond the family, they get about 16 paying fans...lol

This will be the interesting part of it. If it's an empty stadium not going be a success. If Michigan can push a few thousand fans to show up then it's a win. 1,000 people at $10 ticket and it's break even. We will see if their fans show up for a recruiting game.

How much does Ohio State get from the spring game? 100k at $5? Isn't that 500k.

People who want single game tickets to the big games will be forced to buy a Paramus Catholic ticket. That is how they will get away with it.

They will still have to pay for security and stadium support. They will need more than 1,000 paying customers to make that happen.

Michigan better hope that PC is able to continue bringing kids in at a very high rate. They are alienating the rest of the NJ power schools making these moves.

I wonder if PC alum get bombarded with requests for donations....

I guess this is where their money goes.

I would not be surprised if PC get a few anonymous donations to cover this. I doubt there is a way to track or monitor Michigan boosters donating to a HS.

$1200 for Police presence ?
Expecting a rowdy crowd for a out of state high school game ?

Harbaugh has really made suckers out of Paramus Catholic .

$1200 for Police presence ?
Expecting a rowdy crowd for a out of state high school game ?

Harbaugh has really made suckers out of Paramus Catholic .
What's that cover now a days maybe 2 cops with the overtime. You aren't getting much of a police presence for $1200 bucks. But overall two east coast teams traveling to michigan, what a complete waste of money to play a game in front of friends and family's. If I was a parent I'd be pissed that I have to schlep all the way to michigan to watch a game. When it could have been played here in NJ or Maryland. That principle of theirs is a complete jackass.

Last edited:
Forgive if this is a dumb question, but will the game be televised, and if it is, does the school get paid?

What's that cover now a days maybe 2 cops with the overtime. You aren't getting much of a police presence for $1200 bucks. But overall two east coast teams traveling to michigan, what a complete waste of money to play a game in front of friends and family's. If I was a parent I'd be pissed that I have to shlub all the way to michigan to watch a game. When it could have been played here in NJ or Maryland. That principle of theirs is a complete jackass.
The players will remember this game for there entire life. Playing in the big house matters to people and I bet it really matters to high school football players. PC may very well be able to use this trip and game as a recruiting tactic to get more of the best players in Jersey to attend PC. What kid would not want to play in the big house?

Reactions: eceres
What's that cover now a days maybe 2 cops with the overtime. You aren't getting much of a police presence for $1200 bucks. But overall two east coast teams traveling to michigan, what a complete waste of money to play a game in front of friends and family's. If I was a parent I'd be pissed that I have to shlub all the way to michigan to watch a game. When it could have been played here in NJ or Maryland. That principle of theirs is a complete jackass.

This. They won't sell enough tickets to cover the cost of the cops.
A frick'n joke.

The players will remember this game for there entire life. Playing in the big house matters to people and I bet it really matters to high school football players. PC may very well be able to use this trip and game as a recruiting tactic to get more of the best players in Jersey to attend PC. What kid would not want to play in the big house?

BS , playing in an empty 100,000 seat stadium does nothing for these kids.
They will have better memories playing in a HS championship game in the NFL Met Life Stadium in front of 10m fans.

Reactions: koleszar
Sorry but this is going to look like the Boston College spring game. Playing in front of a 100,000 people is what makes playing in the big house special. Even if they get 1,000 people to this, it's going to look and sound like one huge crevasse. What's so special about that, whoopee the stadiums huge, get out the panorama camera for a shot of that one. Those pictures are going to look like a huge morgue. Now that's something you can sell recruits.

Last edited:
I guess Pioneer HS which is across the street from the Big House won't be having a home game that Fri night .Any other local competition?

What good can come out of this for Paramus Catholic?

I'm sincerely and honestly asking. Is it just to give the kids a "Michigan experience"?

What good can come out of this for Paramus Catholic?

I'm sincerely and honestly asking. Is it just to give the kids a "Michigan experience"?
From the article:
ESPN also reported earlier this month that Harbaugh and Michigan's coaching staff are prohibited from attending the game due to NCAA rules. Paramus' players can, however, be on campus Saturday for an unofficial visit when Michigan takes on Hawaii.

probably one michigan booster writes a 20k check to the high school as a general donation, and its call covered. Now conveniently the whole team can visit the next day.

Reactions: Block R and LC-88
If it is that important to them who cares how much they are paying. It is there money and they can spend it on whatever they feel is important enough to them. I thought these boards frown upon people telling them what to do with their Own money lol.
I guess when someone hands them a bag of $100's it becomes their money, and they absolutely can do with they want with it as long as the team shows up in Michigan.

If we did this, MI HS team to Rutgers, the NCAA would be all over us, and E$PN's smear campaign would already be in high gear.

I guess when someone hands them a bag of $100's it becomes their money, and they absolutely can do with they want with it as long as the team shows up in Michigan.

If we did this, MI HS team to Rutgers, the NCAA would be all over us, and E$PN's smear campaign would already be in high gear.
That is total speculation to the 5th power. Kids are kids and a trip to the big house is awesome regardless if 2 people are watching when you are a high school kid. You guys are thinking like the old farts that you are not a teenager. It's not just the game it's the entire experience of traveling there and the pre game the locker room. It's just a real neat thing for a kid not for an old guy. I loved the big house last fall had a great time was a bucket list check off for me. Not as loud as penn state or as exciting but I think kids eat this stuff up.

Puleeze.It's Schlep not Shlub.As in: The dumb Shlub who schleps out to that game.

other than this bizarre alliance between Harbaugh and PC, I still don't see how this does much for Michigan
They will conveniently have BOTH teams on campus already the following day for the Hawaii/Meechigan game, you're talking about 100+ unofficial visits on a game day. It would be like having St Thomas Aquinas from Ft Lauderdale play DeMatha Catholic at Rutgers stadium Friday night before game day. Would we not be thrilled?

They will conveniently have BOTH teams on campus already the following day for the Hawaii/Meechigan game, you're talking about 100+ unofficial visits on a game day. It would be like having St Thomas Aquinas from Ft Lauderdale play DeMatha Catholic at Rutgers stadium Friday night before game day. Would we not be thrilled?
Seems like a win win for Harbaugh total Bauce move.

we need to sell RU a lot more than harbaugh needs to sell Michigan. its not quite the same.

we need to sell RU a lot more than harbaugh needs to sell Michigan. its not quite the same.
Every coach is also a recruiter- a salesman. The #1 rule in sales is always be closing. This is a big recruiting boost for Meechigan. If you're on top you don't stay there by resting on your laurels. This was well thought out and well executed.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT