ADVERTISEMENT

Parker and Ashli Jeune

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
To UNC - Wilmington. This is according to a poster on Rebkell, so can't be sure. They have a new Coach this upcoming season in Karen Barefoot who was at ODU. UNC -Wilmington??

To UNC - Wilmington. This is according to a poster on Rebkell, so can't be sure. They have a new Coach this upcoming season in Karen Barefoot who was at ODU. UNC -Wilmington??
It is true. I read it in the UNC-Wilmington announcement on the hiring of their new coach Karen Barefoot. I still haven't heard where Aliyah is going, but Barber is going to Cal State - Bakersfield.

It seems to me that some people, in this case high school / college athletes, and especially in this case women hs/college athletes are not always willing to make the effort, or perhaps the sacrifices, to do what is best for themselves. I wonder if the NBA mentality, or in this case the WNBA mentality, is at work here. I cannot imagine that anyone would argue that the quality of education or the value of a degree at one of these schools is comparable to Rutgers. Do they think they will have a better chance at the WNBA by transferring? With 7 players in the WNBA from Rutgers, even this does not seem to make sense.

It seems to me that some people, in this case high school / college athletes, and especially in this case women hs/college athletes are not always willing to make the effort, or perhaps the sacrifices, to do what is best for themselves. I wonder if the NBA mentality, or in this case the WNBA mentality, is at work here. I cannot imagine that anyone would argue that the quality of education or the value of a degree at one of these schools is comparable to Rutgers. Do they think they will have a better chance at the WNBA by transferring? With 7 players in the WNBA from Rutgers, even this does not seem to make sense.
I can't imagine they are delusional enough to think it will help their WNBA career. Generally, with a few exceptions, only first rounders actually stick - and generally, they are all from P5 schools. Just sayin.

As to the rest, yes, it does seem that not all athletes are driven to succeed and where they are, and while i certainly don't suggest that a player should stay where they are unhappy or not have enough of a chance to play, I do think some "give up" way too easily.

Aliyah Jeune to VCU. So the sisters are not going to transfer to the same program. Interesting.

Aliyah Jeune to VCU. So the sisters are not going to transfer to the same program. Interesting.
Wondering if Aliyah is thinking more of her future (WNBA possibility) then playing with her sister .
But I'm a bit surprised she didn't go to UNC - Wilmington with Ashli.
Also think Parker could have gone to a higher rated program but with only one season of eligibility left the choices might have been limited.
Don't think Shrita was a grad transfer, was she?

Wondering if Aliyah is thinking more of her future (WNBA possibility) then playing with her sister .
But I'm a bit surprised she didn't go to UNC - Wilmington with Ashli.
Also think Parker could have gone to a higher rated program but with only one season of eligibility left the choices might have been limited.
Don't think Shrita was a grad transfer, was she?
She was not.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Where are the freshman?
Don't think they can be put on roster until enrolled .
I checked the MBB roster and it's not updated yet.
Football roster only has the freshmen that enrolled in January.
No need to worry once the freshman enroll for classes ( every sport) they will be added to roster.:okay:

Reactions: Scarletwoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT