ADVERTISEMENT

Parker, Barber, and Jeune sisters transferring

Just read this on twitter. The scholarships were maxed out without the transfers.

As the season went on I was fairly certain that Juene & Barber were not going to survive playing for CViv, they were constantly at odds with the coaches, either ignoring them on the sidelines or arguing with the coaches when they came out of the game. Hate losing Parker but she plays the same position as Tyler & she has to know the her minutes will be greatly reduced this season.

This is nothing to sugarcoat, Parker and Barber, in my opinion, would have been
players that could have helped turn next year into a winning one.
Aliyah leaving because her sister wouldn't play much is probably is right.
I'll put recruiting Ashli ( if my thinking is right) to make sure Aliyah commits
was a mistake and Vivian is paying the price for that recruit 2 players with only 1 good enough to play recruiting move.

As I have been saying ( so far no one has corrected me) Hobbs hasn't extended Vivian's contract yet and no one knows what's going on concerning that.
These transfers might keep Hobbs from making that move , unless there are recruits
coming in ( not those who had to sit last year because of transfer rule or injury) that
make up for the loss ( Jeune sisters excluded) that just happened.

This might sound like bitterness and I admit to feeling bitter:
I wish Shrita and Kandiss the best and I hope they find a program they feel comfortable in and earn their degree. As for success on the court, don't wish them ill or success. Just hope they make the most of their scholarships academically and
happy with the area and people surrounding them.
As for the Juene sisters, don't care if they graduate ( if left because one wasn't going to play much) and hope they find out they should have stayed at Rutgers.
If it was for another reason ( like both knew it was bench time for both the of them) , I'll wish them the best and hope they earn their degrees wherever they land..

First to admit that I haven't followed the team particularly close this year, or next year's eligible players. However, 4 seems unexpected.
To those who followed the program close this year, was this in any way a surprise?
I knew the sisters were close, but didn't realize it was to the extent, "either you play both of us, or neither of us play". Takes it to an extreme.
As for Shrita, that one surprises me the most of the 4.
Not sure why Barber would transfer. Seemed to be a nice role player.

Is this old news? Or did the names change?

I don't care much what the reason is, when this many players flee over an extended period, something is very, very wrong.

Reactions: bac2therac
As the season went on I was fairly certain that Juene & Barber were not going to survive playing for CViv, they were constantly at odds with the coaches, either ignoring them on the sidelines or arguing with the coaches when they came out of the game. Hate losing Parker but she plays the same position as Tyler & she has to know the her minutes will be greatly reduced this season.
I agree with most of what you said, except that I think Shrita would have gotten a fair amount of playing time. We often play with 3 guards and Tyler hasn't been healthy enough over the years to play all 40 minutes. I hate to see her leave. I wonder how much, if any, the close bond and the hype of the rojos contributed to them all transferring. Team chemistry is important and if you start developing cliques, you can end up with a problem. Personally, I always felt like Aliyah wasn't giving her best effort most of the time. I think Barber had a problem adjusting to some of the refs we got in addition to doing what the coaches wanted, but I think she had potential. I wish them all well. They need to do what is best for them. I just hope it works out.

Last edited:
Shrita shocked me the most. She would have been an experienced senior guarf who could score. Granted next years roster has a lot of guards on it. Any guard outside of Tyler, KK, and the transfers would have made sense. In big10 play Kandiss seemed to disappear (to me). The sisters, if the reports that they were a packaged deal are right then the departure of both makes sense if one would never see the court here.

I still think that some of the transfers are do to the staff making room for more players. If the roster stayed the same, we couldn't sign either of the commits.

I still think that some of the transfers are do to the staff making room for more players. If the roster stayed the same, we couldn't sign either of the commits.

Good point. We would have had 16 players if no one left and only 15 can be on scholarship. Maybe they decided to take Ashli off scholarship, so they both decided to leave. They have always been a package deal as they really want to play together.

I think if Hobbs was pulling the trigger it would have happened already. He is probably out of money given the attention the deficit has gotten recently. Besides if she does not want to go she can turn it into a PR disaster if not managed appropriately. This cesspool continues to foment. I can't figure out if Jeune was overrated or if CViv ruined her on the offensive end like so many others. Especially recently. Of course the talent level brought in recently has declined considerably today.

Reactions: drewbagel423
Not surprised at all about Parker - her efforts on the court were rewarded with constant ranting and berating by Stringer. It was difficult to watch. I'm really sorry to see her go and I'm sure her teammates are as well - she seemed to be a very popular and well-liked team player.

Wow. This post just broke my heart. Can't believe these 4 amazing young ladies have decided to leave the program. Whether it's about playing time, scholarships, cliques, cvs, or the refs. (Some of the speculations are absurb) We will never truly know the reason why these girls are levaing. I truly wish them the best at their future schools and hope they've made the right decision. Not really sure how Hobbs is taking all of this, but changes definitely need to be made. Stringer has always left a bad tatse in my mouth after she grabbed the front of sanders jersey to yell at her. Totally unacceptable.Though next seasons team will be filled with talented players, I still forecast around the same W-L record as this past season. Rutgers doesn't have the immediate impact players next year like cappie or piph that CVS knows how to coach. Sorry to admit it but CVS doesn't seem to know how to coach average players. We will need players this years to step up and consistently score 20+ a game in the CVS offense. The only player who could possibly do that this year is scaife, if she decides to stay another year.

Reactions: shields
She's 25 games away from 1000 wins. Which is what she wants. Winning only 6 games this-year really hurts because there is no way next years team IMO wins 25 games. So then you have to deal with second season before you can really give her the push out the door. IMO it would be best if after next year she announced the following year is her last. Get her 1000th win, do the retirement tour (make sure there is a B1G game scheduled at Iowa) and be done.

Last edited:
Hobbs has to have an exit strategy, we just don't know what it is yet.
Whatever it is, I'm guessing it will be done respectfully and will provide the appropriate amount of RU "thanks for your tenure".

There are 11 scholarship players right now.
G: KK, Tyler, Cryor, Rollins, Hill, Fitzpatrick
F: Williams, Carey
F/C: Keeling, Harris, Wallace
Commits: Gilles, Wright???

Who knows what happens next week when the regular signing period starts. I'm hoping for a big post player or wing player to go along with the player from Canada, and hopefully they can get Aaliyah Wilson for when Tyler graduates. That brings you back to 15 scholarship players.

Yeah God forbid you have a bench full of former starters!
True, but you also don't want a bench full of players who don't want to play for you anymore and are unhappy with their new roles. I may be wrong, but I can't imagine the coaches flat out told them their playing time would be reduced. They would want them to work in practice to earn their minutes. Every team I ever played on worked that way. I think there has to be more to it than that - especially with Parker.

I have nothing real to say on this except I hope it opens the eyes of the last of those sticking their head in the sand. Next year is likely 500 type season at best with Tyler and if she has a recurring of her medical issue it will be a repeat of 6-24 or worse

How many times in last 10 years does it seem she has a short bench?

its always used an excuse...but the main reason is that she loses players at a greater rate of transfer than most schools as well as she recruits players that mainly sit on the bench

This is nothing to sugarcoat, Parker and Barber, in my opinion, would have been
players that could have helped turn next year into a winning one.
Aliyah leaving because her sister wouldn't play much is probably is right.
I'll put recruiting Ashli ( if my thinking is right) to make sure Aliyah commits
was a mistake and Vivian is paying the price for that recruit 2 players with only 1 good enough to play recruiting move.

As I have been saying ( so far no one has corrected me) Hobbs hasn't extended Vivian's contract yet and no one knows what's going on concerning that.
These transfers might keep Hobbs from making that move , unless there are recruits
coming in ( not those who had to sit last year because of transfer rule or injury) that
make up for the loss ( Jeune sisters excluded) that just happened.

This might sound like bitterness and I admit to feeling bitter:
I wish Shrita and Kandiss the best and I hope they find a program they feel comfortable in and earn their degree. As for success on the court, don't wish them ill or success. Just hope they make the most of their scholarships academically and
happy with the area and people surrounding them.
As for the Juene sisters, don't care if they graduate ( if left because one wasn't going to play much) and hope they find out they should have stayed at Rutgers.
If it was for another reason ( like both knew it was bench time for both the of them) , I'll wish them the best and hope they earn their degrees wherever they land..

the Jeune disaster blew up in CVS face...it could cost her a job....she wasted a full schollie on a D2 player for her sister who proved not to be a Big 10 level player.

What is telling is that Parker who played three years was a starter is leaving with just one year. With Tyler coming back perhaps she felt that her playing time would be reduced as one of the transfers could steal it, doesnt make sense though. Parker most certainly would get minutes next year.

Barber seems like one of those one and done players...will she claim hardship to transfer to another school without sitting. The whole transfer thing in mens and womens hoops are out of control including the 5th year transfer stuff. I do not know if it applies at all in the case of Barber or Parker

Viv - just retire before even more damage is done to your legacy and this program.

My Lord IT'S OVER already!!!
It says in your signature that everyone must support Chris Ash. Can you please explain what he has accomplished at Rutgers compared to C. Vivian Stringer, who led the women's basketball program to the National Championship game? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Ash has accomplished a 2-10 season CVS has gone down hill in the past 8 years and needs to removed now and replaced with a winning hc NOW.CVS 1000 victory does notthing significant for Rutgers.She cannot win or recruit at a high level any longer.

the Jeune disaster blew up in CVS face...it could cost her a job....she wasted a full schollie on a D2 player for her sister who proved not to be a Big 10 level player.

What is telling is that Parker who played three years was a starter is leaving with just one year. With Tyler coming back perhaps she felt that her playing time would be reduced as one of the transfers could steal it, doesnt make sense though. Parker most certainly would get minutes next year.

Barber seems like one of those one and done players...will she claim hardship to transfer to another school without sitting. The whole transfer thing in mens and womens hoops are out of control including the 5th year transfer stuff. I do not know if it applies at all in the case of Barber or Parker
I agree with most of what you said, but wanted to comment on what she did with the Jeune sisters. Ohio State did the same thing with the Mitchell sisters plus hired their father as a coach. It worked out for them. At the time CViv got verbal commitments from the Jeunes, Aliyah looked to be a star and Ashli was as good as some other players who have been role players for D1 teams. It just didn't pan out. I don't think it was bad to take that risk, certainly not worth firing someone over it.

Reactions: ArthrodocRC72
The sisters were both jersey natives and commited at a young age. I don't see stringer committing one to get the other. In my opinion the younger one isn't a cappie. Not taking away from the fact that both girls are talented (naysayers will always say different) I just feel like cvs wouldn't recruit one to get the other. Looking at their old prospect pages both girls had different d1 schools to choose from. Rutgers seemed to be one of the schools both had.Correct me if I'm wrong they've been at the school for 2- 3 years. Questions remains why leave now? There is more to the story than just playing time as others have put it.
Parker is a phenomenal player. I loved her work ethic and how hard she plays. She was truly entertaining to watch. She came all the way from Va to play for cvs. In my opinion she would have been the best player on the team next year (yes even with tyler). She plays both ends of the floor. With one year remaining the question remains why leave now? The playing time speculation is absurd Parker would have started. There is more to the story than just that.
Barber was phenomenal at the beginning of this season but then slowly disappeared with the scoring. She seemed like a strong minded person, and playing time wasn't an issue. Question remains why leave now?
I'm not the one to speculate but I am almost certain the four left because of reasons other than playing time.

Not surprised at all about Parker - her efforts on the court were rewarded with constant ranting and berating by Stringer. It was difficult to watch. I'm really sorry to see her go and I'm sure her teammates are as well - she seemed to be a very popular and well-liked team player.
Watching the post game news conferences, CVS's body language and whining is getting old. She really looks tired of the grind and the high expectations. I often wonder how 19 and 20 year old players react to all the negativity?

ADVERTISEMENT