ADVERTISEMENT

Parking Cutoffs

Zonk3

Sophomore
Oct 25, 2005
Apologize if this was posted, but search didn't yield anything. Anyone know what they were this year? All i could find was the minimum to request particular lots on scarletknights.com. Not the actual cutoffs.

don't understand how the cutoffs can be what they say they are.....they show that you need 26 points to be eligible for blue lot. I have a blue lot pass and 32 points, so how can the cutoff be 36? I am not following.......

don't understand how the cutoffs can be what they say they are.....they show that you need 26 points to be eligible for blue lot. I have a blue lot pass and 32 points, so how can the cutoff be 36? I am not following.......
Are you certain your points total is 32?

In the R Fund packet that was sent with the season tickets I'm 90% certain it said 23 for purple and 26 for blue. I was intrested cause I will be right in the cusp for blue next year if this in fact the case.

The website just shows donations and bonus points. I dont think it shows the consecutive years/tickets in all sports.

The website just shows donations and bonus points. I dont think it shows the consecutive years/tickets in all sports.
Yup. And it makes the pp listing a joke. The design is terrible. Current site info:

Annual (Current Year) Gift Points
Annual (Current Year) Gift Amount
Lifetime Giving Points
Lifetime Giving Amount
Bonus Pts.
Points as of April 30, 2016:
Priority Points as of Aug 29, 2016:

Gotta love a total that is different from sum of the line items. RU pp - clear as mud since 1869.

You are correct it did not include consecutive years of purchase as well as loyalty points....with that included I am above the 36 point cutoff.

Because of the kids soccer schedule, I can't always make it to the games (this year's noon game epidemic is killing me) so I just pay as I go and park at the RAC. I didn't realize until I read this thread that I would have qualified for the Black Lot. What does it cost to purchase priority parking or is each lot different?

each lot is different. Rac is 20, I am in Blue which is 40 (actually 85 for me) since I have an oversized vehicle, I believe black is 30.......but do not quote me. I am sure someone here know the entire breakout

Anybody else that is loyal to RU has been there before and knows that parking is not in abundance. It still shouldn't take this person more than 45 minutes to figure out everything they would ever want to know about parking 4 a football game.

Anybody who is a season ticket holder and can't figure out the parking hasn't spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out.

20 minutes? You must think Rutgers fans are pretty slow.

Some fans may not be happy with the way parking is assigned (especially having to meet a minimum donation level for each lot PLUS having enough priority points to exceed the cutoff level that is determined as parking is assigned). But not liking the process and not understanding the process are not the same thing.

Parking cutoffs:

Not really in the blue lot anymore- Jorts preferred over Cutoffs.

Also, cargo pants discouraged - salmon colored shorts with internal pockets to go with brown wing tips. And no cotton T-shirts please. You're not working inside your house!

Here's all you need to know about parking cutoffs:

rutgers-party.jpg

Anybody who is a season ticket holder and can't figure out the parking hasn't spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out.

It's not that its hard to figure out, it's that the information isn't readily available. Where can I look up consecutive years of giving? Nowhere. I have 4 bonus points according to the site. What are they from? No idea. Consectutive years of purchase? Also not listed. Does the current season count towards loyalty bonus (ie if you got season tickets in 2012 do you get a loyalty point in 2016 or 2017).

Doesn't herlp that the link to "Priority Parking Program" form "my acct" is a dead link either http://www.scarletknights.com/development/parking.html#.VTaPoCFVhHx

As far as not liking it, I understand that a blind auction probably increases donation and I'm ok wit that, but what other product do you pay for without knowing what you'll receive. I haven't bought parking the last 2 years because I previously was paying $30 for tan while there was an empty $20 gameday lot across the street. I would be very hesitant to commit to paying for parking if I didn't even know what campus I would be on.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT