ADVERTISEMENT

Parking selection

Who thinks this will be an absolute cluster. No access, crashing system, unable to purchasde online at your selected time, no reps available to help, etc. The email said we'd see a button last week in our account to look at the new selection system. I don't see a button yet..............

• Haha
Reactions: Local Shill
If you know anyone on the fence about buying season tickets and watching the budget, no need to pay for parking if you don’t mind walking a bit.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
My window opens at 3:28pm
When does it close?

Your window opens at the date/time given to you and stays open until June 15. Everyone is encouraged to select as close to your allotted the as possible so you don't get locked out of the lot you want.

Remember the system will NOT work on a phone. You need a tablet or PC or laptop to make your selection

Reactions: Leonard23
I didn't even receive a notification yet........anyone else still waiting?

It’s probably buried in your spam folder. This may be the stupidest idea anyone ever came up. When you need to create a “Parking Process Tutorial: How to” that means someone should be fired. If not for this thread I wouldn’t have even known how this all works.

Reactions: RU in IM
Your window opens at the date/time given to you and stays open until June 15. Everyone is encouraged to select as close to your allotted the as possible so you don't get locked out of the lot you want.

Remember the system will NOT work on a phone. You need a tablet or PC or laptop to make your selection
The not working on a phone thing is crazy.

If you have a microsoft mail client such as hotmail, outlook, etc, you may want to put the URL @scarletknights.com and @go.scarletknights.com on your safe list. I had a problem in my hotmail account not getting e-mails from a variety of accounts. To be safe, also add the specific addresses, including updates@go.scarletknights.com .

Reactions: Jimpeg
Amateur hour at RU. I donate, purchase tickets and parking and then on top of that I have to "get in line" at a specific time (that it isn't known when I made the purchase) that may or may not be convenient for me (if I even remember to do so and IF I notice the email in advance because you know I only get 1 or 2 emails a day).

This is about the most anti-customer friendly process you can think of in 2022. Why not open a box office at 9am some Saturday morning and we can queue up like we did in the 70's for concert tickets. Just ridiculous...

I hadn't received mine yet after everyone here had posted that they received an email. I called my ticket rep and he was able to tell me my date/time and forward the email to me. Call your rep!

• Wow
Reactions: jtung230

The not working on a phone thing is crazy.
It's mindboggling that in 2022 evenue still doesn't have a fully mobile compatible ordering site. For those on a phone, it may work if you go into your browser's desktop mode. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: MrsScrew
It’s probably buried in your spam folder. This may be the stupidest idea anyone ever came up. When you need to create a “Parking Process Tutorial: How to” that means someone should be fired. If not for this thread I wouldn’t have even known how this all works.

‘Rutgers gonna be Rutgers.
Brilliant

I hadn't received mine yet after everyone here had posted that they received an email. I called my ticket rep and he was able to tell me my date/time and forward the email to me. Call your rep!
That just means the entire system is broken. I am sure I already received an email which I didn’t see and my window is already open and I would have no idea.

Amateur hour at RU. I donate, purchase tickets and parking and then on top of that I have to "get in line" at a specific time (that it isn't known when I made the purchase) that may or may not be convenient for me (if I even remember to do so and IF I notice the email in advance because you know I only get 1 or 2 emails a day).

This is about the most anti-customer friendly process you can think of in 2022. Why not open a box office at 9am some Saturday morning and we can queue up like we did in the 70's for concert tickets. Just ridiculous...

So get rid of priority points?
As someone with few PP, this is a great idea.

I can show up at 7am, wait a bit and get Scarlet? Sounds like a plan.

We should just ignore that the "Saturday at 9am" you pick "may or may not be convinent for me (if I even remember)".

Reactions: newell138
I thought last year was dumb where I had to call my rep to renew, but at least he was able to get me parking right away. This is even dumber. I have my date/time but just logged in to see how it looked. I had to put a calendar reminder on my work calendar for this.

I thought last year was dumb where I had to call my rep to renew, but at least he was able to get me parking right away. This is even dumber. I have my date/time but just logged in to see how it looked. I had to put a calendar reminder on my work calendar for this.
Middle of the workday is tough. Even tougher when you are out on the course and can’t do it on the phone.

Reactions: Section124
No need to make mountains out of molehills.... They got rid of the PP minimums for the lots.

I agree the software is bad but that's not a Rutgers issue. There is a monopoly on the software. I think Paciolan is garbage too but they have so many colleges working with them.

This is what software is so hard. Most companies put out a product that doesn't work and use the snake oil sales pitch to hold customers like Rutgers and other universities hostage...

the school has my donation wrong, it is short by about 300 dollars...... I had spoken to my rep and the office and they assured me my donation covers my 3 parking passes

anyway, I checked the system for the first time yesterday and it is wrong there...calls to my rep and the office are not returned, and yes, they probably are extremely busy

the fear here is that if I go on the system tomorrow as planned, the system will not allow the purchase of the lots till I increase the donation......

Reactions: RUnTeX
This is a much bigger issue as well as donor priority points constantly being unavailable on SK.com. Both ridiculously bad and borderline unethical by the school when they’ve shown they can’t be trusted to maintain accurate records.

I actually agree with this. But this is a product of having disparate systems and software that doesn't work. Deadly combo. And not in a good way.

I called my rep and he told me my actual points. Interestingly enough, the parking portal had MORE listed for my donations than I thought I gave. So win for me? I'll take it.

The other issue is that when you pay in the installment plans the ticket cost is taken first then the donations. That's what also makes it hard for them to maintain accurate records.

If I who doesn't work for the university understands how their software works/doesn't work better than them, that's a big red flag.

This is a much bigger issue as well as donor priority points constantly being unavailable on SK.com. Both ridiculously bad and borderline unethical by the school when they’ve shown they can’t be trusted to maintain accurate records.
I have been a season ticket holder in both sports, football since 1976, and bb starting year one at the RAC, which was 1977-78?

they have my combined longevity at 79 years, and it should be about 90 or so...... I mentioned it in the past, I think they did not computerize way back when, so they really can't check

at this point I don't see any way that the point error could affect any transactions I have with the school.... even with the error, I am within the top 6% priority wise..... I have brought it up over the years and nothing happens.

No need to make mountains out of molehills.... They got rid of the PP minimums for the lots.

I agree the software is bad but that's not a Rutgers issue. There is a monopoly on the software. I think Paciolan is garbage too but they have so many colleges working with them.

This is what software is so hard. Most companies put out a product that doesn't work and use the snake oil sales pitch to hold customers like Rutgers and other universities hostage...
You know this for sure? My favorite is that when I could not log into my app on the phone, after multiple tries, I figured out that if I entered my e-mail in ALLCAPS, it worked. I asked my daughter, a computer science major, and she said it is a simple fix in the code to disable the ALLCAPS requirement. I let my rep at RU Athletics/Development know about this, but I doubt it has been fixed. I'm normally not one to whine, but little things like this continually chip away at good feelings and goodwill to the point where some fans will just not bother to buy tickets any more. Especially after more than 4 years since our last home win in the B1G.

I’m further down the list (graduated more recently) so I’m always checking my points because any errors could have a pretty big impact on parking, upgrades, etc.

Add in all of the bonus points over the past 5 or so years that are supposedly “lifetime” but could easily be dropped by the school “accidentally” and it’s just such a pain keeping track of everything so manually. I have separate email/offline folders with tons of receipts and confirmations for donations just in case.
You have been more diligent than i

I know I should have at least 10 more
Keep it up

Reactions: GORU2014
You know this for sure? My favorite is that when I could not log into my app on the phone, after multiple tries, I figured out that if I entered my e-mail in ALLCAPS, it worked. I asked my daughter, a computer science major, and she said it is a simple fix in the code to disable the ALLCAPS requirement. I let my rep at RU Athletics/Development know about this, but I doubt it has been fixed. I'm normally not one to whine, but little things like this continually chip away at good feelings and goodwill to the point where some fans will just not bother to buy tickets any more. Especially after more than 4 years since our last home win in the B1G.

The app was created by a separate company I believe.

Called my rep and the ticket office when they opened, left messages, no return call

I bet it is a shitshow today

Reactions: Local Shill
The other thing I'll add is that they are for the first time ever allowing you to do a multiple payment plan for football parking.

After working every day while reviewing my account, of course I am having issues accessing scarletknight.com via Chrome on my MacBook Pro today. Today is my parking window. When I try to access my account, I either get no username/password window or get a page error. I tried Safari and my wife's Windows laptop and they worked. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up others may have issues with Chrome.

Reactions: MrsScrew
After working every day while reviewing my account, of course I am having issues accessing scarletknight.com via Chrome on my MacBook Pro today. Today is my parking window. When I try to access my account, I either get no username/password window or get a page error. I tried Safari and my wife's Windows laptop and they worked. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up others may have issues with Chrome.
Use incognito Window.. I was having issue with Microsoft Edge also. My window for selection isn't til Monday morning.

Reactions: Section124
The parking website worked on my phone with Chrome in desktop mode. However, after it timed out, it no longer loads and you get this wonderful screen:

This site can’t be reachedCheck if there is a typo in ev47.oc2.evenue.net.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Anyway, here were the lots with the # of spaces available and min donation required:

LotSpaces AvailableMin $
Scarlet468$2,500
Green319$1,500
Yellow687$1,000
Blue1,199$500
Purple713$250
Black753$100
Silver666-
Light Blue700-
Tan210-
RAC4,072-
Brownclub only-
Whitehandicapped only$500

Last edited:
It shouldn’t be this hard for a Team desperately trying to increase the poor home attendance. And as you said especially in light of not winning a B1G Home game in 4 years,

It shouldn’t be this hard for a Team desperately trying to increase the poor home attendance. And as you said especially in light of not winning a B1G Home game in 4 years,
I don't know how many times I have to say this but pinning software problems on clients is a futile exercise. I would follow up with your rep so they can get someone to forward a support ticket to the app developer.

ADVERTISEMENT