ADVERTISEMENT

Parking selection

Literally takes 2 minutes. Your window stays open indefinitely after the time, so it's on you. I don't see anything wrong with that. The timer system makes sure people make their selection in priority point order. I think it's pretty equitable system.
It takes “literally” more than two minutes if there is a glitch or technical issue with your account that needs to be addressed and your rep doesn’t call you back in a timely matter. Dumb ass system. Just let me take care of my parking when you badger me for early renewal. That will save them the horror of dealing with a person a second time.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
It takes “literally” more than two minutes if there is a glitch or technical issue with your account that needs to be addressed and your rep doesn’t call you back in a timely matter. Dumb ass system. Just let me take care of my parking when you badger me for early renewal. That will save them the horror of dealing with a person a second time.
I have to do mine off-line because of missing donation funds ($600) my rep is fully aware of. I'm supposed to call him the day I'm eligable to pick. He hasn't responded to an email or phone call from me in weeks.
I'm not worried about getting my lot in the end (blue/yellow)..but this hasn't been stress free for this long time season tix holder either.
I won't even get to use the system to check it out because the early snafu's already messed the whole process up for me anyway so it isn't perfect (well the process to pick using the system my be great but if the front ducks aren't in a row...)

Agreed. I liked the old way where I selected the order of my lots when doing the renewal. I knew based on priority points and donations where I stood. My rep would call otherwise (or if I wanted an upgrade). The problem with this system is the specific date/time for the window to open. Pre COVID I traveled a lot on business and would be out of the country up to 2 weeks per month. My priority overseas would not have been on my Rutgers parking. Maybe I don't get the lot I wanted if I delayed my selection. That's why it sucks.

Reactions: IMARUFAN and RUPete
Agreed. I liked the old way where I selected the order of my lots when doing the renewal. I knew based on priority points and donations where I stood. My rep would call otherwise (or if I wanted an upgrade). The problem with this system is the specific date/time for the window to open. Pre COVID I traveled a lot on business and would be out of the country up to 2 weeks per month. My priority overseas would not have been on my Rutgers parking. Maybe I don't get the lot I wanted if I delayed my selection. That's why it sucks.
As I and others have said before, if you give your rep your selection they can do it for you. In general though for those that know how to use a computer the new system is much better.

Reps have more time as they are only dealing with people who need help. You as the customer don't have to give your credit card information over the phone. You can see for yourself exactly how many spots are open. No more conspiracy theories about how Rutgers is underselling lots.

People love to complain for the sake of complaining. That's the one constant on a message board.

Badgering is probably not the right word. I've never felt threatened or badgered by my reps. They have been very helpful and have taken care of my requests in a timely manner. I enjoy the conversation with my reps, but I am glad I can do the parking process myself now.

S
my rep is usually prompt at getting back to me when I call
He did not return my calls the day before selecting
My guess is that these reps are either swamped with calls and problems, or some have had it with answering with any urgency.

S

my rep is usually prompt at getting back to me when I call
He did not return my calls the day before selecting
My guess is that these reps are either swamped with calls and problems, or some have had it with answering with any urgency.
I agree, but it could have been avoided with the old system.

As I and others have said before, if you give your rep your selection they can do it for you. In general though for those that know how to use a computer the new system is much better.

Reps have more time as they are only dealing with people who need help. You as the customer don't have to give your credit card information over the phone. You can see for yourself exactly how many spots are open. No more conspiracy theories about how Rutgers is underselling lots.

People love to complain for the sake of complaining. That's the one constant on a message board.
Still not getting the point. It's an annoyance for long-time season ticketholders and donors that isn't necessary. You may like it and that's great, but I'd still like to have the other option and that's not too much to ask.

Badgering is probably not the right word. I've never felt threatened or badgered by my reps. They have been very helpful and have taken care of my requests in a timely manner. I enjoy the conversation with my reps, but I am glad I can do the parking process myself now.
When I say badgered I mean that the renewals get earlier and earlier every year.

Still not getting the point. It's an annoyance for long-time season ticketholders and donors that isn't necessary. You may like it and that's great, but I'd still like to have the other option and that's not too much to ask.
How is it an annoyance? I would think getting on the phone to talk to the guy with mindless small talk and then him having to pull up the options and then ask for your credit card info over the phone is a greater annoyance.

How is it an annoyance? I would think getting on the phone to talk to the guy with mindless small talk and then him having to pull up the options and then ask for your credit card info over the phone is a greater annoyance.
I was very clear why it was an annoyance. Also, my window wasn't the most convenient time as I sort of need to work on occasion. You know - earn a few bucks to pay for the tickets, parking and donation.

It was more convenient for me when I they would call me and I would take care of it all at once. Now, if they have finally fixed the glitch with my account, it will be an improvement.

Feedback is useful for something like this, mainly for future years. The general complaints here aren’t really useful since they’re currently based on nothing but hypotheticals; only the Brown (and maybe White?) lot(s) have sold out so far, as of day 6.

Odds are, scarlet and green won’t sell out at all given most people with lower priority points won’t qualify for the donation minimums. Yellow will probably sell out but may also be borderline due to the minimums, but even then it’ll be after 1+ weeks at least.

The time slots, etc. could become issues if we start winning again, but for now I’d say the best thing to do is give level headed feedback so the glitches get fixed next year and beyond.
There are no priority point minimums for lots and anyone can buy a pass for a lot if they meet the donation minimum. Priority points are only used now to assign the order times. Those with higher points got earlier times.

Btw, Plenty of spots still available in all lots right now.

Reactions: Jimpeg
My selection window was at 1:02 today. Took under 5 minutes. 672 left slots in Black Lot after I got my pass.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Right, what I’m saying is the people with later windows due to having lower priority points probably won’t meet the donation minimums anyway for the higher lots. If they did meet the donation threshold, they would have more points and most of them would probably have been in the earlier windows.

Basically, from here on out I’d expect yellow, blue, purple and black to be very high demand with minimal for scarlet and green.
I suspect that they'd still be able to choose a higher available lot, but will be asked to pay their increased donation at the time of selecting and paying for the parking. Not sure if that's the case...but it would be both good for RU and the party involved. RU gets more donation $'s and the party involved might just decide at the moment that they'd be willing to pay the additional donation dollars to get in the lot, especially since the perception of overall cost is different given Tickets/Seats are payed at a different process and timing. The only thing it doesn't account for is if you have a few other parties buying their own parking and how to coordinate all of them deciding to move to another lot.

Anybody able to provide an updated count of amounts available in each lot? Just curious.
As of this morning:

Scarlet 187 (was 468 on 6/3)
Yellow 159 (was 687 on 6/3)
Green 205 (was 319 on 6/3)
Blue 856 (was 1,199 on 6/3)
Purple 603 (was 713 on 6/3)
Black 681 (was 753 on 6/3)
Silver 651 (was 666 on 6/3)
Light blue 699
Tan 208
RAC 4,061

Reactions: rubigtimenow
There are no priority point minimums for lots and anyone can buy a pass for a lot if they meet the donation minimum. Priority points are only used now to assign the order times. Those with higher points got earlier times.

Btw, Plenty of spots still available in all lots right now.
To add to you point, in addition to assign order times they will still be used for seat selection as per my Rep.

I’m sure it will lead to a few people increasing donations for parking but I don’t think it’ll be that much of an impact. Right now I think it’s opened to people with more than about 25-30 priority points, don’t think many in that range or lower are going to toss out $2000+ for scarlet for example.

I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if all but one or two lots don’t sell out.

Using @Leonard23 numbers from this AM and subtracting a few hundred for spots taken throughout the day There's probably about 4000 parking spots available at this point, not counting the RAC. it would be interesting to know 1. how many spots we started with (based on his 6/3 numbers it's at least 5700) 2. how many season tickets were actually sold (not season ticket holders, actual seats)

at this point looks like 1700 or so parking passes have been sold.

My time slot was an hour ago. Never received an email. Do I just wait?

Using @Leonard23 numbers from this AM and subtracting a few hundred for spots taken throughout the day There's probably about 4000 parking spots available at this point, not counting the RAC. it would be interesting to know 1. how many spots we started with (based on his 6/3 numbers it's at least 5700) 2. how many season tickets were actually sold (not season ticket holders, actual seats)

at this point looks like 1700 or so parking passes have been sold.
I'm curious as well. On top of the 1,700 and 5,700, you have brown (club only) and white (ADA) parking spaces too, so maybe that adds another 300 to those numbers? Anyone know? ~1,700 parking passes the morning of the 7th business day sounds right, if only 250 are available each day (I thought that's what was posted), but it'll take a month or so for everyone to order based on 2021's 5,635 football season ticket accounts.

We were In Turks and Caicos on the day of our assignment. We called our rep before we left and everything worked out fine. He has always been very responsive and helpful (just citing a counterpoint example since so many season ticket holders seem to have had problems with responsiveness of their reps.)

I’ve read some of these posts and I think I’m in an alternate universe.
I received my email with the time slot a week before it was scheduled. I knew I was going to be on the road so I called my rep. She said no problem, just call me when you are ready. So, after a pit stop in a gross rest area in South Carolina, I left a message. The rep called me back in 5 minutes. I upgraded my lot and the entire transaction was done in 3 minutes.
I wasn’t able to use the online process, but there was a good backup plan if you chose to use it.

I received my email with the time slot a week before it was scheduled. I knew I was going to be on the road so I called my rep. She said no problem, just call me when you are ready. So, after a pit stop in a gross rest area in South Carolina, I left a message. The rep called me back in 5 minutes. I upgraded my lot and the entire transaction was done in 3 minutes.
I wasn’t able to use the online process, but there was a good backup plan if you chose to use it.
Like I said previously. The same people love to complain for the sake of complaining. Thank you for making this crystal clear for those who seek a backup plan. Rutgers finally does something good and people still complain.

I wonder what happens to the extras. I’m assuming there’s some sort of arrangement with StubHub or other resellers
I didn’t catch it until later in the season but I was able to buy 1-2 extra blue lot passes a game directly from Rutgers. I think they were $50 or so

Reactions: GORU2014
I've been in Black the past few years because it's what I could afford (and it beats the gameday paid lots). Sounds like the neighborhood is gentrifying. I hope there will still be slots; I don't pick until Monday.
Been in Black for 7-8 years and picked black again earlier this week. It’s so much easier to get In or out than Blue or Purple. Every year our group considers moving to Blue or Yellow but we prefer the extra space and student center.

That was an option all season long. You could buy up to 2 extra passes in your lot for every home game. I took advantage a few times when I had guests coming to games.
I never knew this, most of the time I have guests at the game and we are always looking for an extra blue pass. What is the process to purchase extras during the season if needed?

I never knew this, most of the time I have guests at the game and we are always looking for an extra blue pass. What is the process to purchase extras during the season if needed?
There was a link sent out to season ticket holders in the summer. Had to use the link to get the passes. Worth bookmarking.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I guess the point is you had to go out of your way to call ahead and then call from a pit stop to do the transaction. Doesn't sound easy/convenient. Maybe a better system/software would be to allow you to login in advance and make a selection. Allow for a priority order in case your lot is taken (just like playing fantasy sports and making roster transactions). It's not that complicated. Just seems to have to log in at a specific time is stupid/waste of time with software today.

After viewing many posts, my conclusion is that, if you had a particular Lot last year you should be ok this year, it just seemed like you might be a risk having to wait your turn, but not in reality

The advantage for the school is that they can suggest a lot upgrade while you go through the online process. You can bump up the donation etc to get to a lot you previously did not seriously consider

you could have always changed but now it is right there in front of you

it winds up good for the fan and a few more bucks for the school if fans upgrade

That's great. But again, my rep didn't call me back in two days so I created my own process and chose to use it. I have repeatedly tried to fix the issue with my online account, have been repeatedly assured it's fixed, then it pops up again.

Like I said previously. The same people love to complain for the sake of complaining. Thank you for making this crystal clear for those who seek a backup plan. Rutgers finally does something good and people still complain.
Actually, I'm only complaining about this and rarely complain about matters such as these on this board, so you're wrong about that. Whether this is something "good" is debatable.

Reactions: Section124
After viewing many posts, my conclusion is that, if you had a particular Lot last year you should be ok this year, it just seemed like you might be a risk having to wait your turn, but not in reality

The advantage for the school is that they can suggest a lot upgrade while you go through the online process. You can bump up the donation etc to get to a lot you previously did not seriously consider

you could have always changed but now it is right there in front of you

it winds up good for the fan and a few more bucks for the school if fans upgrade
This is pretty much the bottom line for me too.

While I appreciate those that had issues here, and if I were in their shoes I would take little solace in this as well - this might be the best we can do.

I think if:
- you have the opportunity to buy/upgrade in a quasi-fair manner
- there is absolute transparency on what is available and what your cost and options are
- the market clears as efficiently as possible
- recourse to call directly to anticipate or “fix” issues or availability

It‘s probably as close as you can get to a good system.

ADVERTISEMENT