ADVERTISEMENT

Parking selection

This is pretty much the bottom line for me too.

While I appreciate those that had issues here, and if I were in their shoes I would take little solace in this as well - this might be the best we can do.

I think if:
- you have the opportunity to buy/upgrade in a quasi-fair manner
- there is absolute transparency on what is available and what your cost and options are
- the market clears as efficiently as possible
- recourse to call directly to anticipate or “fix” issues or availability

It‘s probably as close as you can get to a good system.
That's a fair assessment, but I would only add the option to take care of it with your rep when you renew initially as has been done in the past. Do it all at once, nice and clean.

Not in love with the parking lot website/app process. Found it a bit confusing initially. (But, then again, I'm 67 ... so cut me a break.)

But I have to give props to the ticket office and my ticket rep.

I selected a Blue Lot pass the other day (as I have for the past 25+ years) but decided to see if I could upgrade to Scarlet since my wife is beginning to have some issues in walking distances and had to skip some games last year. (Even the knightingale shuttle was a bit much for her last year.)

So I called my ticket rep and upped my "donation" level and got a spot in Scarlet. Took just a few minutes. My wife is absolutely thrilled. (Happy wife, happy life!)

Not in love with the parking lot website/app process. Found it a bit confusing initially. (But, then again, I'm 67 ... so cut me a break.)

But I have to give props to the ticket office and my ticket rep.

I selected a Blue Lot pass the other day (as I have for the past 25+ years) but decided to see if I could upgrade to Scarlet since my wife is beginning to have some issues in walking distances and had to skip some games last year. (Even the knightingale shuttle was a bit much for her last year.)

So I called my ticket rep and upped my "donation" level and got a spot in Scarlet. Took just a few minutes. My wife is absolutely thrilled. (Happy wife, happy life!)
Just a word if caution from a green lotter,
who exits on the same road as scarlet

Leaving a game at the end if there is a big crowd is not pleasant. Could take half an hour, 45 minutes. Stay in the lot and have a few beverages and let it empty out a bit

That's a fair assessment, but I would only add the option to take care of it with your rep when you renew initially as has been done in the past. Do it all at once, nice and clean.
I have to think that an “auto” option is completely feasible. So, when your “turn” comes up, and assuming there is availability and your CC works, the system buys your parking automatically.

It’s not a nice way to think about it, but probably from the seller‘s perspective, they may be missing out on upsells and therefore leaving money on the table here. It‘s possible that RU thinks the benefit of upsells is greater than the cost of pissing off customers like yourself that ONLY want it done automatically.

Not that I completely agree with the above, but at least the analysis effort is what I choose to think - that someone actually thought this all out and made an informed decision instead of winging it and pissing off people for no reason. Hard to know sometimes with RU, lol.

I have to think that an “auto” option is completely feasible. So, when your “turn” comes up, and assuming there is availability and your CC works, the system buys your parking automatically.

It’s not a nice way to think about it, but probably from the seller‘s perspective, they may be missing out on upsells and therefore leaving money on the table here. It‘s possible that RU thinks the benefit of upsells is greater than the cost of pissing off customers like yourself that ONLY want it done automatically.

Not that I completely agree with the above, but at least the analysis effort is what I choose to think - that someone actually thought this all out and made an informed decision instead of winging it and pissing off people for no reason. Hard to know sometimes with RU, lol.
I agree with what you write and it really wouldn't have been a big deal if this long-term glitch with my account was ever addressed.

We hang out in Yellow for a bit after, but you're right, that is much better than the year I was in Blue. That was brutal.
Sorry about that Pete. I miscalculated my PP that year. That was the worst year ever, but the Penn St and Michigan tailgates will be discussed forever. Not sure we would have seen that in Yellow.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Sorry about that Pete. I miscalculated my PP that year. That was the worst year ever, but the Penn St and Michigan tailgates will be discussed forever. Not sure we would have seen that in Yellow.
No need to apologize- I made the same mistake in 2008. Tailgates were still good, getting out was the problem.

Reactions: Section124
One of the biggest benefits of the new system is that new season ticket holders can't cut the line with the required donation. All season ticket accounts were ranked in priority point order with new season ticket holders going to the back of the line. If their desired lot is still available at the end they are free to choose it.

Just finished getting my parking. Amazed at how easy it ended up being. Of course I like the RAC parking so never was a question whether I'd get it or not lol.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Just finished getting my parking. Amazed at how easy it ended up being. Of course I like the RAC parking so never was a question whether I'd get it or not lol.
Just curious. What do you like about RAC parking? I can't imagine the tailgating or commute (bus or walking) is fun, but know others feel the same.

Lol it was so straightforward. There are just some that love to complain for the sake of complaining (aka they hate change).

Just curious. What do you like about RAC parking? I can't imagine the tailgating or commute (bus or walking) is fun, but know others feel the same.
Several factors. First while tailgating isn't as crazy as other lots, there still are a number of people who do tailgate. Plus can either be under cover (the solar panels) or out in sun depending on weather. And prefer not to be parking in mud when it's raining. Plus I have trouble with legs and find the handicap bus from RAC a LOT more convenient than the KnightingGale. Especially from the lots my PP's get me into (Silver, tan, lt blue and black). And even the regular buses aren't all that bad. Plus after games if in a hurry can be back out to 287 within 15 minutes of getting back to the car.

Reactions: Section124
ADVERTISEMENT