ADVERTISEMENT

Parking this year at RAC?

RC1978

All American
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2008
Did any information go out about parking flow this year? Last year for a few games they brought people in , coming from the north, down Suttons to Rockafeller instead of going down Hospital Road. IMO the electronic parking passes will slow down entry into the lots even more.

I was hoping they would have widened Hospital Road and allowed those parking in Green to come up on the right and pass the yellow entrances and people paying. I guess we will find out when we get there.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Did any information go out about parking flow this year? Last year for a few games they brought people in , coming from the north, down Suttons to Rockafeller instead of going down Hospital Road. IMO the electronic parking passes will slow down entry into the lots even more.

I was hoping they would have widened Hospital Road and allowed those parking in Green to come up on the right and pass the yellow entrances and people paying. I guess we will find out when we get there.
Go over Rte 27 bridge and up river road much quicker

Reactions: gregkoko
I have had season basketball (yellow) and football (blue) tickets for many years and I have seen several changes in access and exiting limitations. There are some "rules" that have exacerbated the entrance and exiting process at both venues.
My main peeve is cross flow traffic, for both pedestrians(football) and vehicles (both). A large amount of people walking to the stadium are directed along Frelinghuysen road past the entrance/exit of the blue lot, causing entrance/exiting delays for the blue lot vehicles (the blue lot may be the biggest football parking lot). This can add 30 minutes to the exiting time. There should be a pedestrian (paved?) pathway going from Frelinghuysen Road to Yurcak Field, then either past the Rodkin Center or the Bubble directly to the stadium (which should have a minimal effect on bus traffic).
For basketball my experience is coming from the northwest onto Sutton Lane and onto Hospital Road which is no problem. After the game when you exit onto Hospital Avenue going north, you are stalled watching traffic going both ways on Sutton Lane. Vehicles exiting the Arena from Hospital road North should only be allowed to go west and from Rockafeller Road should only be allowed to go east. No cross traffic by exiting arena vehicles! The non-arena traffic is minimal.
It looks like an extra lane has been added to Suttons Lane eastbound between Metlars Lane and Hospital Road. This should greatly help the traffic flow after the game assuming the cross traffic flow is eliminated.

Reactions: gregkoko
Go over Rte 27 bridge and up river road much quicker
Yes and the other move is to bypass hospital road go to the roundabout by the business building and cruise the strip in front of the RAC and diner. Then turn left into the lot. They will send you left for green lot and right for yellow.

I got nothing to help you get out quickly after the game unless you leave early, sprint your ass to the car or park close enough to beat the rush to the exit!

Reactions: ScarletDave
ADVERTISEMENT