ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Caughey Committing on 8/1

Must be a smart kid too with schools like Rutgers and West Point after him. If he picks one of the military academies, very happy for him.

We don't have a TE in this class and he is the only one in that position we offered who has not already committed elsewhere. His offer list includes several P5 schools and some big time academic schools. So I'm guessing he is both smart and athletic enough for the BIG. Looking at the TEs listed on our roster, TE would be a position of need. If I'm reading the 24/7 portal report correctly, we haven't brought in a TE via transfer, and we have 3:1 ratio of transfers out to in. So even if we are holding a few for the remaining 4*s on our offer list, there should still be several open scholarships available.

We don't have a TE in this class and he is the only one in that position we offered who has not already committed elsewhere. His offer list includes several P5 schools and some big time academic schools. So I'm guessing he is both smart and athletic enough for the BIG. Looking at the TEs listed on our roster, TE would be a position of need. If I'm reading the 24/7 portal report correctly, we haven't brought in a TE via transfer, and we have 3:1 ratio of transfers out to in. So even if we are holding a few for the remaining 4*s on our offer list, there should still be several open scholarships available.

Well, we have Konopka (who looks promising), Moore, Alaimo (2 years), and Heisey. They all appear to be legitimate power 5 players. We also have Meyers and Morgan for depth. The only player who graduates after this year is Haskins. Although you can call TE a position of need given the latter, I really don't think that we are thin at the position either. So, if Schiano ends up with a 4 star at another position, I wouldn't worry too much about not filling this position with this class. DT would be a lot higher on my wish list and I am still holding onto the hope that the staff can flip Miles, Jr or Artis (especially after striking out on Malone last season).

Well, we have Konopka (who looks promising), Moore, Alaimo (2 years), and Heisey. They all appear to be legitimate power 5 players. We also have Meyers and Morgan for depth. The only player who graduates after this year is Haskins. Although you can call TE a position of need given the latter, I really don't think that we are thin at the position either. So, if Schiano ends up with a 4 star at another position, I wouldn't worry too much about not filling this position with this class. DT would be a lot higher on my wish list and I am still holding onto the hope that the staff can flip Miles, Jr or Artis (especially after striking out on Malone last season).

Konopka indeed looks promising but Alaimo hasn't exactly lit things up in his time here. Caughey looks like a good fit.

Can’t fault anyone going to Stanford. Maybe we play them when the B1G and PAC-12 combine. 😃

Rutgers is ranked as the number 50 university in the world. It is not like we are Alabama or West Virginia. Rutgers, West Point, and Stanford provided three excellent schools for him to choose from.

Reactions: thegock
It just seems that a Stanford education is worth more than any Ivy education, at this moment in time. For the past 15 years, probably.

It just seems that a Stanford education is worth more than any Ivy education, at this moment in time. For the past 15 years, probably.
Stanford is the best all around school in the nation. Academics on par with Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, actual D1 level athletics including in the money sports, and you don't have to freeze to death in the Northeast in the winter with gorgeous Northern California weather all year round.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
ADVERTISEMENT