ADVERTISEMENT

Football Pat Flaherty to be hired as new OL coach

LOL re 4 year plus window. If RU succeeds over the next 4 years would they not be able to replace some coaches with quality hires?

Some silly things being posted here re time frames.
Greg is going into his 4th season, there is exactly one coach, Aurich, who will be here for all four. It is not something that needs to be worried about.

I like Pat a lot and glad he was hired. However, for those that don't know he was an OL consultant here all last year. His son played for Augie at SJR & he knew Pat has been trying to get back into the game. Nice hire but seems weird since I would have thought KC would have brought in one of his guys.
As long as KC and Pat are on the same page, it is all good.

If I'm 66 and someone gives me a 6-figure job and the chance to not take Social Security or raid my 401K or IRA for a year or more and I'm able, I'm taking it.

Hope he raises our Yards Before Contact number. That must be in negative territory.
We need some who is looking for more than a paycheck. Big time assistant coaches gigs are for young, ambitious men willing to work 14 hours days.

This is a great hire. We have recruited a bunch of highly touted OL’s the past 2 years. Now we need someone to develop them. This is the guy to do it. We dont need him for recruiting. We need to develop the 10 or so Lineman we recruited in the last 2 classes:

Allen, Asamoah, Chin, White, De Croce, Monegro, Stinette, Peterson Stone, Oliviera, Williams - thats 11 1-2 year guys right there. This is the future to be successful (and QB)

This is a great hire. We have recruited a bunch of highly touted OL’s the past 2 years. Now we need someone to develop them. This is the guy to do it. We dont need him for recruiting. We need to develop the 10 or so Lineman we recruited in the last 2 classes:

Allen, Asamoah, Chin, White, De Croce, Monegro, Stinette, Peterson Stone, Oliviera, Williams - thats 11 1-2 year guys right there. This is the future to be successful (and QB)
This

Reactions: socaldave
You have to wonder. The guy hasn't been a full time on field coach in 4 years. He will be 67 by the time the season starts. You have to wonder how many of the recent hires are going to be still coaching in 4 years. The OC will be 60, the WR coach will be 62 and the Offensive line coach will be 71. It makes you wonder how they will be able to connect and be active in recruiting.
😂
I am 60 now never felt better, just need an afternoon nap 😂😂😂
The advantage is guys in that age group know what work is as opposed to the Euro work epidemic that has infected the US over the last decade.

You have to wonder. The guy hasn't been a full time on field coach in 4 years. He will be 67 by the time the season starts. You have to wonder how many of the recent hires are going to be still coaching in 4 years. The OC will be 60, the WR coach will be 62 and the Offensive line coach will be 71. It makes you wonder how they will be able to connect and be active in recruiting.
Or if you want to get to the league, learn from those that have been there.

Reactions: Knight Shift

This. The pieces are now there. They have to be properly assembled.

What a difference in Rutgers facilities in the 80s and now.. Flaherty will have some stories for the younguns

ADVERTISEMENT