ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Hobbs issues statement on possibility of student boycott

I think that was a really well done message to the students. Hopefully they understand that the football program, from the players to the coaches and everyone else involved in the Athletic Department are not the "enemy" here.

There's no need to boycott because Hobbs gets it already. The message has been received and continuing with a boycott would only punish the team - it won't help the student's cause.

I hope that the AD is enlisting lots of students to get that message out.

Who started this entire boycott idea or is this something advanced by the media. Hobbs letter/explanation could not have been any better. Solidly written and as clear as can be. Are least he was also on site first hand to view the situation. This should have been the first announcement out of the box. Why and how anything else was released or stated by Rutgers is another example of a public relations disaster by whoever may be in charge of Rutgers public and media relations. It happens so often at Rutgers. It's the old Pogo axiom of..."We have met the enemy and they are us"! Might I add who started or issued the original shut down statement/story. Is this another Barchi Boo Boo? He seems to be missing here as is the name(s) of any other University official in the original story.

Reactions: RU22
The man is impressive. Great sincere communication. Well done.
The letter is fine except there is nothing awesome about the game day environment. I'm old and the game day environment is ho-hum. Especially the pregame. Bring back the horse video, get rid of the loudmouth in the safari hat.

Good man. He's taking one for the team when he says: "We made the decision....." I hope we find out some day who was really maneuvering behind the scenes to shut this down.

With every passing day i find myself liking the hiring of Pat Hobbs more and more! I sure hope he sticks around at Rutgers for a VERY long time. I honestly believe he can lead this Athletic Department to never before seen success in the very near future...

Reactions: RU22
With every passing day i find myself liking the hiring of Pat Hobbs more and more! I sure hope he sticks around at Rutgers for a VERY long time. I honestly believe he can lead this Athletic Department to never before seen success in the very near future...
I hope he takes over leadership of the entire University and gets the ship sailing in the right direction. He get's it. Does not point fingers. Takes responsibility even if the decision was forced and not his own and demands competency!!!

Reactions: D.I.P.
From http://www.dailytargum.com/article/...football-student-tailgate-permanently-closing

(The Alley is) Located in the gravel parking lot across from the Werblin Recreation Center on Busch campus​
Was reading through the petition comments and, with many listing their reasons for signing the petition, found this gem:

For all the years I didn't provide students a great football experience
Gary Nova, Piscataway Township, NJ

Somebody has a sense of humor. [laughing]

Reactions: RUsSKii
Only thing he should have added/changed is saying he's sit in the Student Section.

Even it was just for the 1st quarter I bet that would go over very well.

Reactions: PoorTailor
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT