ADVERTISEMENT

Paul M just posted this on his Instagram in a collage of 10 photos during his time with Rutgers tweeted by Josh Meyers (Targum sports editor)

Wow . Even on that post their a lot of a-hole comments. Social media is bad .
Some of these people need to be popped in the mouth .

It’s awful .

They say stuff that you would never say to someone face and can say it hiding behind a screen and screen name ….it’s allows a lot of indecency and lack of civility

This forum is not exempt from that behavior.
Imho there is a HUGE difference between making comments here vs on Paul’s personal Instagram page

This is a message board for fans. This is the place for fans to discuss / critique the team. It is expected and totally ACCEPTABLE if there are some harsh comments here

If Paul (or any other player) choose to come here and read comments on here then THAT IS ON THEM. They can easily avoid it

But to be a douche on Paul’s personal Instagram post is TOTALLY DIFFERENT and a real jerk move

If you don’t understand the difference I don’t know what to tell you

Last edited:
Imho there is a HUGE difference between making comments here vs on Paul’s personal Instagram page

This is a message board for fans. This is the place for fans to discuss / critique the team. It is expected and totally ACCEPTABLE if there are some harsh comments here

If Paul (or any other player) choose to come here and read comments on here then THAT IS ON THEM. They can easily avoid it

But to be a douche on Paul’s personal Instagram post is TOTALLY DIFFERENT and a real jerk move

This !

Reactions: RedTeam1994
Paul needs to make hIs intentions known ASAP to stop all the comments pro/con regarding return to Rutgers.

Paul needs to make hIs intentions known ASAP to stop all the comments pro/con regarding return to Rutgers.

Disagree.

Imho the only thing that should affect Paul’s timing is the impact on the team - I have to assume that it only helps the coaching staff if they found out sooner vs later. If they know sooner they can better plan team building (recruits/ transfers)

bottom line: if they know sooner the coaching staff will know the available slots and have a fuller idea of team needs

Last edited:
Paul needs to weigh all his options before deciding should I go or should I stay and not rush his decision.
But realize Pike can't wait forever to find out his intentions because of recruiting purposes.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Most def

A lot of frail boomers talk trash to younger and stronger guys on forums and social media

I perfectly understand the difference. It is you who took my comment out of context. I was speaking to the incivility (obviously to each other) that can happen on this board. Go back and read what I quoted. It was in response to a comment on social media behavior generally. Sheesh.

I perfectly understand the difference. It is you who took my comment out of context. I was speaking to the incivility (obviously to each other) that can happen on this board. Go back and read what I quoted. It was in response to a comment on social media behavior generally. Sheesh.

Whatever - people were talking about the unkind comments on Paul’s Instagram and you said “that same behavior can be found here”

My response to that was essentially - yeah, so what? Harsh comments here are fine; harsh comments on Paul’s Instagram are not. Totally different animals.

Not sure how your comment was misconstrued by me or others (as evidenced by others who also quoted your comment and the number of likes to those comments).

If you were making a different comment then you obviously needed to communicate your point more clearly

Last edited:
The fact that they would tag geo just shows how much Rutgers is under their skin.

Geo, Ron and the rest of the RU team made Indiana their bitch for YEARS!!!

And Indiana fans are still butt hurt about it

And they’re too stupid to hide that fact

Too funny
Worst fans in the B1G by a mile in basketball. They're the Dallas Cowboys fans of college hoops. To me, PSU, Michigan, and Indiana fans are easily the worst in the B1G with Sparty fans quickly becoming 4th on the hate list. OSU fans surprisingly don't bother me nearly as much as those 4 above.

Worst fans in the B1G by a mile in basketball. They're the Dallas Cowboys fans of college hoops. To me, PSU, Michigan, and Indiana fans are easily the worst in the B1G with Sparty fans quickly becoming 4th on the hate list. OSU fans surprisingly don't bother me nearly as much as those 4 above.

Is this overall or just in bball lol

I find Nebraska fans pretty obnoxious. Of course the Cult is permanent uncontested #1.

For some reason Michigan and Indiana fans seems to be weirdly obsessed with us. Purdue and MSU you have a mixture of some who respect us and some who troll.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan

I find Nebraska fans pretty obnoxious. Of course the Cult is permanent uncontested #1.

For some reason Michigan and Indiana fans seems to be weirdly obsessed with us. Purdue and MSU you have a mixture of some who respect us and some who troll.
I'd have Culty Valley as the undisputed #1 overall in the B1G, then 2 are tied between Michigan and Indiana. Sparty climbing the ladder at 4. Purdue I feel like grudgingly respect us overall. Meh on NW, OSU, Maryland, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nebraska. Iowa and Illinois fans to me are the B1G fanbases I somewhat like. I wonder if we will grow to hate USC or UCLA in the coming years once they enter the B1G.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I find these discussions to be very sport-specific.

For basketball, Indiana fans are the worst. For football, they’re fine (because they’re sort of non-existent).

For football, Wisconsin fans tend to be pretty brash.

Michigan and Penn State suck regardless of the sport.

What exactly are all these interactions with vast numbers of opposing fans that people are having?
Are you all attending that many away games?
Is it from when visiting fans attend here?

Please don't say it's from "online social media".

Reactions: MiloTalon13

Regarding Indiana, we have had their number in basketball and football for some time. Paul has had some run ins with their players and Harper’s bow at the end of the game set them off. There is ill will towards us

What exactly are all these interactions with vast numbers of opposing fans that people are having?
Are you all attending that many away games?
Is it from when visiting fans attend here?

Please don't say it's from "online social media".
In person social media.

I would hope Paul returns, his solid play, experience and leadership would only be a major asset for this team. Experience is sooo important. If he so happened to be in portal, he would be a type of player we would be looking to land.

The longer Paul goes without putting out some kind of statement, the more likely I think it is that he returns.

Reactions: shields
We are waiting , you can’t make an accusation like that about a great poster and not back it up.
Go read all the game day threads. Plum is the only one waiting. No one cares if the clown who refers to himself in the 3rd person is waiting.

Actually, I'm surprised you did not respond, "Plum is waiting". 😂😂😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT