ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Mulcahy balling out for Gill St. Bernards at The Weekend

You are right, that was a great pass. The kid has great court vision.

Was this a 1 on 1 matchup? I think everyone understands he needs to continue to work on his outside shot and defense.

Last edited:
In the context of worrying about things that a HS junior isn't doing today, it's always best to rely on what he does best and at an elite level in comparison to other HS players.

Regarding the lack of defense and shooting, Mulcahy is not quick or a player recruited for shooting. He is a multi positional player thay makes the players around him better.

I am certain that with another 12 months of some focus on strength and conditioning, Mulcahy will be an impact player very early in his RU career at a lot of positions.

Right now, there's no player on the roster that has a skill set he possesses. It's crystal clear that if you want the best out of Mathis Baker, Harper, you have Mulcahy.

And after asking around to some people who absolutely would know, Mulcahy is well respected by his peers on the HS and AAU level coaches who have competed against him. If he provides moderate work on his shooting in the next year or two, RU likely has a kid whose 15 pounds stronger to play in transition, become a more legitimate stronger defender and rebounder, to start his own fast break.

His connection to 2020 and 2021 kids in the area only helps RU down the road as well.

In the context of worrying about things that a HS junior isn't doing today, it's always best to rely on what he does best and at an elite level in comparison to other HS players.

Regarding the lack of defense and shooting, Mulcahy is not quick or a player recruited for shooting. He is a multi positional player thay makes the players around him better.

I am certain that with another 12 months of some focus on strength and conditioning, Mulcahy will be an impact player very early in his RU career at a lot of positions.

Right now, there's no player on the roster that has a skill set he possesses. It's crystal clear that if you want the best out of Mathis Baker, Harper, you have Mulcahy.

And after asking around to some people who absolutely would know, Mulcahy is well respected by his peers on the HS and AAU level coaches who have competed against him. If he provides moderate work on his shooting in the next year or two, RU likely has a kid whose 15 pounds stronger to play in transition, become a more legitimate stronger defender and rebounder, to start his own fast break.

His connection to 2020 and 2021 kids in the area only helps RU down the road as well.

He's much quicker than he looks. It's his first step with the ball that matters. I've seen him twice in person. He gets by guys quicker than he is.

Unfortunately, his teammates don't like to play with him. I predict @Russwood will have some information about this in the next 2 weeks. Nice highlight tape however. And as always, I am rooting for this young player. Always believe in young players, regardless of sport !!!

Unfortunately, his teammates don't like to play with him. I predict @Russwood will have some information about this in the next 2 weeks. Nice highlight tape however. And as always, I am rooting for this young player. Always believe in young players, regardless of sport !!!

Why not? Because he doesn't give up the rock?

What good player at this stage does? Maybe their just mad he's not taking supporting role, and their mad.

This kid is going to be a big addition to Rutgers. Really Big!

If you play basketball, or you are a good shooter, you want to play with Mulcahy.

He is a team first player. If you are open, or have a better shot, you will get the ball. That is what I have seen from videos of him anyway.

Last edited:
The kid is working on his left, and anyone that wouldn't like playing with a pass first point guard is a moron. I can't tell if that prior post was a joke or not.

Care to explain why you believe his teammates don’t like to play with him.

Let him get here and play against college players before you guys anoint him All World. I really love this pickup, but, lets pump the breaks. I' dont like seeing tapes without a guy taking outside shots or showing him working hard on the defensive end.

They and his Coaches told me, but as always, I defer to @RusssWood to break the news.
No offense, but I'll wait for someone that's been on the site more than a week to tell me that the likely Player of the Year in NJ hoops is hated by all his teammates... for passing too much? Weird.

And Ohio, wtf? Who here annointed the kid? The only people raving about Mulcahy and how he's better than reports are the local beat writers that most RU fans usually accuse of bashing Rutgers

I have seen Paul play about 7 times and there are games he rarely looks for his own shot. He might be the most unselfish star that I have ever seen on a basketball court. I have been watching high school games for 60 years. I don't get the comment that players don't like playing with him. I have never seen any sign of that. I actually think players love being on his team.

Reactions: shields
So a poster starting a profile about a week ago, comes out of nowhere with 100% nonsense.....sounds like troll city USA....

You can tell when RU is finally ready to roll when these sort of things start happening and phantom profiles start popping up....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT