ADVERTISEMENT

Pelzman: Key recruiting week for Rutgers coach Chris Ash

It does not exactly show in this story, but Pelzmann is a very good writer. Head and shoulders above the NJ.com writers.
I knew you guys would appreciate him. I loved him on the SHU hoops beat for all those years. Smart, insightful, and honest. Won't pull any punches, but doesn't take too many gratuitous shots, either. He just covers the team in a way that is actually of service to people who already know something about it.

I knew you guys would appreciate him. I loved him on the SHU hoops beat for all those years. Smart, insightful, and honest. Won't pull any punches, but doesn't take too many gratuitous shots, either. He just covers the team in a way that is actually of service to people who already know something about it.

His terrible jokes on twitter have been getting on my nerves though

Wow Depaul vs Pope John is a hell of a game. I don't ever remember them playing each other.

Wow Depaul vs Pope John is a hell of a game. I don't ever remember them playing each other.
Were big rivals in the 90's. If fact, for DP to win a state championship they had to go through Pope John. They were a dominant program back then

We (DePaul) lost the Parochial B final to them in 1988, 12-7, on a long (40-yards or more) bomb on the last play of the game. They picked on our third-string cornerback on the play. Our starter was hurt, the second-teamer (who played a lot and was good) was kicked out of school that week, and the third-team kid played a really good game until that last play. Heartbreaker in Sparta...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT