ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Exploring other Conference Options

I'm looking for p-5 schools that want to play while conference shuts down playing in conference games , to form a temporary conference for the schools that want to have a 2020 season and post season
According to the number of schools that sign on that might work .
Looks like the ACC , SEC and maybe Big 12 want to play, leaving B1G and PAC
schools ( maybe add BYU and some g-5 programs) to form a temporary partnership in 2020 in order for the schools that want to play have opponents to play against and be eligible for the NC playoffs.

Schools are not going to play a fall season and then turn around a few months later to play B1G football. 14 Presidents are going to be aligned regardless of what Coaches have to say in their disappointment.

who's h
sorry, when well respected national media is reporting that conference cancellation is all but done - and teams jumping ship (at least for 1 season) is well underway, hiding your head in the sand ain't a winning approach who is hiding--I'm saying the speculation about PSU ,etc is all bullcrap-- some of you guys just waste time speculating based on nothing concrete or real

This is a bunch of posturing and bluster from little men who get paid way, way too much like Franklin and Frost.

Don't be fooled, the B1G conference holds all the leverage over these fools, because they control who gets the money and how. Are James Franklin and Frost going to negotiate TV contracts and get out of the rights that the BTN owns to broadcast their games? Are they going to negotiate the re-entry back into the B1G when the conference tells them to walk if they want to play in the SEC for a year?

So much shortsightedness, all because the lack of any federal response plan has made college football utterly impossible this year. This is America crumbling.

Lol you managed to subtly get a "it's Trump's fault" in there at the end. Well done.

Nebraska would stay in SEC if they were somehow given the chance for sure.

I'm warming to the idea of RU putting together a balanced schedule to include some B1G teams that will play irrespective of what the Conference tries to dictate, along with OOC games i.e Temple, maybe another AAC team or two.

Nebraska would get steamrolled in the SEC. They can't compete in the B1G west division. Nobody is going to jump conferences. Frost is just beating his chest to look tough.

Nebraska would get steamrolled in the SEC. They can't compete in the B1G west division. Nobody is going to jump conferences. Frost is just beating his chest to look tough.
Watching AD Smith’s interview with Revsine on BTN. Completely understand his disappointment along with all the schools in the B1G. Smith is clear that OSU’s focus is to get ready for the Spring and time to circle the wagons. I didn’t like Moss and Frost’s released statement.

"sorry, when well respected national media is reporting that conference cancellation is all but done - and teams jumping ship (at least for 1 season) is well underway, hiding your head in the sand ain't a winning approach who is hiding"- -I'm saying the speculation about PSU ,etc is all bullcrap-- some of you guys just waste time speculating based on nothing concrete or real"

Coaches like Frost, Franklin, and Day don't speak for their Universities. That responsibility falls to the presidents/chancellors. They control the situation and that's final.
Based on AD Smith’s interview on BTN I’d be shocked if they explored alternative options for Fall. His focus is for OSU to prepare for Spring games

Fans and posters on sites like this react emotionally to the situation. Schools in the B1G are calculating in every move, and so are other conferences like the SEC, ACC, and Big 12. Don't think for a minute they aren't reviewing the current situation and how it will impact them. Those remaining P5 conferences are holding out because they don't want to leave money on the table while others (Pac 12 and B1G) possibly cash in on the season. Now that the B1G and Pac 12 have folded, I fully expect other P5 schools to cancel their seasons because the worse that will happen now is to be in the same boat as all P5 conferences financially.

Your posting a tweet from some University of Texas clown. His opinion is meaningless. And what’s he going to say if the Big 12 decides to cancel somewhere along the line. As for recruiting, follow the money and the Big 10 Conference will be fine
You know he is a clown? Why do you say that? He is not stating an opinion. He is relating a conversation he had with a B1G coach he has known for a lot of years. But nice try in trying to spin something that was not expressed as an opinion.

Reactions: RUaMoose
You know he is a clown? Why do you say that? He is not stating an opinion. He is relating a conversation he had with a B1G coach he has known for a lot of years. But nice try in trying to spin something that was not expressed as an opinion.
Only replying to your garbage posting of a tweet from someone that has no relation to Rutgers or the Conference

Reactions: fsg2
Lol you managed to subtly get a "it's Trump's fault" in there at the end. Well done.

Can anyone really deny that A lack of cohesive federal response has Caused football to be where it is- when our national Results are compared to countries that now allow crowds but were shut down earlier?

is everything really that politicized that anything that could could be viewed to negatively impact one man causes people to have a knee-jerk reaction -even when we’re staring in the face of no football because things couldn’t get under control?

Once again the lack of central leadership in college sports is leading to chaos.

I may be off on this but would schools like PSU and OSU leave such a prestigious Research Conference like the B1G purely for athletic(1 year) purposes?
Seems to be very short sighted
Penn St AD Barbour comments were supportive of the conference's decision. All 14 schools will abide by the decision; nobody is going rogue.

These teams blowing up the conference would once again cause us to be on the outside looking in. We don't have enough cache yet to be okay with the big boys leaving. As much as I don't like PSU, if they left with those other teams it would diminish the quality of the conference. Now if PSU wanted to leave on their own, that's different.

I imagine the SEC might welcome 2 more schools.

Ummm....here is why this stuff is RIDIC

In case any of you forgot ...FOX owns 51% of the big ten network. And the network is worth around a $1.5 billion ?.

you think fox is going to let penn state and Nebraska to go to the big 12...which, by the way, has a lot of their sports broadcast by...FOX?!?!?

think guys!!!

now ...let’s me smart about what really could happen....couple of years down the line

so assuming we don’t have a unionized college athletic world and a year from now College sports is somewhat the same

Everyone is about to lose a bundle...so what’s the going to do? The programs Not in the SEC, big 10, and pac12 that add value to These conferences will be back on the block to find a better financial deal To help make it up

realignment could very well heat up again soon once we get back to playing ....

Texas, Oklahoma ...keep an eye on them ....

Word is that Penn State is seeking a conference with more like minded institutions. As a result, they may get paired with the Boston Archdiocese or the Boy Scouts of America.
giphy.gif

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Penn St AD Barbour comments were supportive of the conference's decision. All 14 schools will abide by the decision; nobody is going rogue.
You may be right but I hope schools do go rogue.
Decision albeit maybe the right decision was ill advised given the timing and not doing it unified as a sport. Buy time and wait a few weeks on a decision.

lol, I hate them as much as the next guy but are you really saying good riddance as if Rutgers has established any sort of clout whatsoever in this conference? See what the Big ten becomes if PSU, OSU, Michigan and Nebraska leave. Would be devestating to us and all this talk of our "full big ten share" in 2027 will equate to peanuts...

If any or all of these teams leave, so much these institutions claiming to be in the B1G for academic and research purposes. And by the way, shame them if they try to sell out for a HOPE at playing in the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT