Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Per Hobbs:

- Felt we were definitely in dance.

- Felt we d be in B1G 10 Semis

- Felt we were a Sweet 16 team

Oh what could have been!

Also is concerned about whether this football season will be cancelled but is optimistic there will be a season played for football in the fall

The thing with football season is two fold.

1) will the schools be open in fall to allow students back

2) are they open in time to allow a summer training camp. If campuses can’t open by mid to late July season likely gets pushed backed.

Reactions: Knightmoves
While I agree that adding “2020” to the NCAA tournament appearances banner isn’t right, they should still hang a banner to honor this 2019-2020 Rutgers men’s basketball team - Yeboah and Shaq were as much a part of it as the rest of them will be when we get to hang a “2021” sign next year. They can do one similar to the CViv hall of fame banner. Something like:

———————————————
2019 - 2020
RUTGERS Mens Basketball
- Final NCAA National Team of the Week
- Steve Pikiell: National Coach of the Year
- Record 10 RAC Sell-outs
- 18-1 Home Record, best in School History
& Best in the NCAA
- First National Ranking in AP Top-“25”
- 20-win season
Head Coach Steve Pikiell
Geo Baker Myles Johnson
Jacob Young Montez Mathis
... etc
—————————————————

Reactions: NJDOVES and shields
The thing with football season is two fold.

1) will the schools be open in fall to allow students back

2) are they open in time to allow a summer training camp. If campuses can’t open by mid to late July season likely gets pushed backed.

Yes and yes I'd bet (cue: whackos who think we will be living underground for the next 2 years).

Reactions: knight82
Well, we could certainly say "Final 64" :Peace: :PeaceSign::Celebrate: :Woot:

Nobody said otherwise. Just important to make clear that as of this moment, absolutely no one knows what will be happening sports-wise on a given date.

The 2020 MLB season looks in real danger of being lost. How many games do they need to play to make season legitimate? 50-60-80?

They also need to restart spring training.

Reactions: RutgersNYCB1G
Have a son starting college in the Fall as well; it's a shame that these kids are losing the rest of their High School year as well; would hate if they couldn't begin college on time as well.
Exactly. That is the part that most upsets my daughter. She worked her tail off and wanted to enjoy the last few months of her senior year and then moving into college. I know there are bigger problems in the world, but I still feel bad for them. Where is your son heading? My daughter is going to Notre Dame.

While I agree that adding “2020” to the NCAA tournament appearances banner isn’t right, they should still hang a banner to honor this 2019-2020 Rutgers men’s basketball team - Yeboah and Shaq were as much a part of it as the rest of them will be when we get to hang a “2021” sign next year. They can do one similar to the CViv hall of fame banner. Something like:

———————————————
2019 - 2020
RUTGERS Mens Basketball
- Final NCAA National Team of the Week
- Steve Pikiell: National Coach of the Year
- Record 10 RAC Sell-outs
- 18-1 Home Record, best in School History
& Best in the NCAA
- First National Ranking in AP Top-“25”
- 20-win season
Head Coach Steve Pikiell
Geo Baker Myles Johnson
Jacob Young Montez Mathis
... etc
—————————————————
Say what? Hell yeah we should add an NCAA banner for this past season. Why wouldn't we?

Have a son who is a senior also, and hopes to be going to school in the fall. Feel sorry for him, no senior prom, class trip, nor graduation. The school still trying to figure it out, but in reality his senior year in over.

Don't really care what a soon to be former AD thinks. Football shouldn't be his concern considering he won't be here to see it.

I disagree. I think he’ll be around for awhile especially with the winning in multiple programs. He did many more good things then bad.
Big-time donors won't even talk to him. That isn't a recipe for being around for a while. That's a quick recipe for being thrown out.

Big-time donors won't even talk to him. That isn't a recipe for being around for a while. That's a quick recipe for being thrown out.

I realize the bad taste in there mouths with the Schiano thing but Hobbs relented and did pull it off or maybe it was others that pulled it off ( thank God). The Ash thing was bad...
I only know one big time donor and we just chat during games (football and basketball) and I never got the sense that he wished for a new AD. I may be off base here so I’m going to research it a little before I comment again. I still may disagree with you however :)

Reactions: Loyal-Son
That's what happens when you F up the football hire so bad. Nobody wants an AD that needs their hand held

Not surprising to me if true. If the top RU boosters are unhappy with Hobbs then it’s just a matter of time before he is the former RU AD.

This is whether Greg wins or not in the next few years imo.

The 2020 MLB season looks in real danger of being lost. How many games do they need to play to make season legitimate? 50-60-80?

They also need to restart spring training.
I am thinking at least half. There was one strike-shortened season in 1981 or 82 when the season was interrupted in the middle, so they had Part 1 and Part 2 division champions in a mini-playoff before the divisional playoff. This was all pre-wildcard. So if you got away with a half season to crown divisional champs back then, you may be able to do it now.

On second thought, just looked that season up and teams still wound up playing between 102-109 games. Plus, the split division winner format wound up being a bit of a mess as teams with best overall records from both halves got left out of the playoffs.

Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT