ADVERTISEMENT

Per Politi: No fans this year for Giants/Jets/Rutgers (RU - 500 max for coaches / players family)

there is zero evidence gyms are spreading it anywhere. Philly gyms are open today and you are claiming they had a surge in cases.....everyone sees you for what you are formerly.
Do you mean zero evidence on Fox, zero evidence out of the white house or zero evidence you will actually believe?

Seriously, I just can't fathom how some people can't come to grips with reality. There is a pandemic ongoing right now but some don't want to acknowledge or believe it. It has to be one of the strangest phenomena of the last century. I have no idea how it became political except Trump feels admitting there is a problem would hurt his re-election campaign. The funny thing is, if he had handled it well, it would have helped him. Now its too late. So he's stuck denying it for fear of having to admit how poorly he performed. Its the boy with his finger in the dike. And more holes keep appearing.

Do you mean zero evidence on Fox, zero evidence out of the white house or zero evidence you will actually believe?

Seriously, I just can't fathom how some people can't come to grips with reality. There is a pandemic ongoing right now but some don't want to acknowledge or believe it. It has to be one of the strangest phenomena of the last century. I have no idea how it became political except Trump feels admitting there is a problem would hurt his re-election campaign. The funny thing is, if he had handled it well, it would have helped him. Now its too late. So he's stuck denying it for fear of having to admit how poorly he performed. Its the boy with his finger in the dike. And more holes keep appearing.

I rarely make political posts in the pinned thread, but threads like this often get political before they get locked, so since everyone else is making political posts, I will too. Great post. The SOP among the Trump followers, when confronted with incontrovertible science is to deny, deflect or blame someone else. The most common deflection is pointing to the high case/death rates in NY/NJ, as if that's a sign of poor Democratic leadership, when it's almost completely a sign of no Federal preparations, combined with the bad luck of having far more infected European travelers arrive in this area vs. any other, along with the very high population and commuting densities - perfect storm for exponential growth unlike any seen in the world, so far, exacerbated by flying blind without any appreciable testing until mid-March. Other favorites are pointing to inconsistent rules in blue states, denial of mask effectiveness, blaming China (yes, they lied a lot, but they certainly showed how the pandemic could be mitigated), blaming Fauci, etc. It's mass delusion and denial of science on a fairly large scale.

We will not get anything from the current Administration other than $$ for development of treatments and vaccines, which are important, but too late to save the 200K or so who will likely have unnecessarily died (and 3-5X that number who will hospitalized, some of whom will have lingering effects for months or maybe years), because we didn't follow our own pandemic playbook.
We will not get anything from the current Administration other than $$ for development of treatments and vaccines, which are important, but too late to save the 200K or so who will likely have unnecessarily died (and 3-5X that number who will hospitalized, some of whom will have lingering effects for months or maybe years), because we didn't follow our own pandemic playbook.
Yes, but 40-50% of those deaths were in long term care facilities, and the state authorities have as much blame (or more) for those deaths than the current Administration. There is plenty of blame to go around, but a very large majority of it is on the current administration.

And the federal government continues to advocate a standard diet that has has contributed quite a bit to the deaths pre-covid (increased CVD and diabetes) and during covid by increasing rates of obesity and diabetes in the US. This is a problem that has existed for quite a long time in this country.

The recently released Dietary Guidelines have done little to address the problem. But why should it, when like other things in this country, money-influencing and big corporations influence important policies in this country. And Big Pharma is quite happy with this, because more sick people means more profits for them.

Gyms still not open...not based on any science
What more info does anyone need? If you have COVID and exhale, you exhale viruses. Anyone in close proximity for any length of time is susceptible to contracting the illness. Those people go home and infect their entire households. Some parents and grandparents get sick and some of them die. Its really quite simple.
The 21 yr old kid who went to hang out with a few friends brought home the virus. Dad is now on a ventilator.
Is it the pandemic of 1918? No. Is it Ebola? No.. But its not the basic flu either.

We would have been over this months ago if everyone was smart and stopped spreading it. But as you can see in this thread, being smart just isn't an option for some.

What more info does anyone need? If you have COVID and exhale, you exhale viruses. Anyone in close proximity for any length of time is susceptible to contracting the illness. Those people go home and infect their entire households. Some parents and grandparents get sick and some of them die. Its really quite simple.
The 21 yr old kid who went to hang out with a few friends brought home the virus. Dad is now on a ventilator.
Is it the pandemic of 1918? No. Is it Ebola? No.. But its not the basic flu either.

We would have been over this months ago if everyone was smart and stopped spreading it. But as you can see in this thread, being smart just isn't an option for some.

Gyms are requiring masks so whats the issue

How about Connecticut and Pa. having gyms open for 6 weeks with no issues. Do your homework my man.
You sound like DeSantos a few weeks back crowing about how wrong the media was when he decided to open up earlier than everyone else. Now Florida is the #1 hot spot on Earth. But that's only because we test more. Lol.

Stupid is as Stupid does. Thats what momma says anyway...

Again..nice political rant that has nothing to do with what i posted..ditto for #s

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Gyms are requiring masks so whats the issue
Masks help but they don't stop you from expelling viruses completely. The main issue is proximity and time. The air is recirculated in gyms so its not like your breath goes away. It stays in the breathing space.

I get what you're saying. You don't think there's any risk. But there's no way I'm going to hang out in a space full of people who clearly aren't taking the situation seriously. They are also going to be the ones going to bars. Going to large gatherings. Putting themselves at risk. Why hang out with them in a gym? I can lift at home.

Again..nice political rant that has nothing to do with what i posted..ditto for #s
Well, there's tons of evidence all over the place. But I'm guessing you get your news from Fox. Because they have chosen not to cover the pandemic in any depth. So you haven't seen the evidence. But Chris Wallace actually stated some clear evidence that refutes Trump and DeSantos' claims yesterday. And he did it on Fox.

No one is forcing you to go to a gym brah. I dont want to see you at the beach or grocery store either. You want to live in a bubble do so. There is a risk in everything. Businesses are shuttered for good. Ive been told wearing masks can bring spread to a low number. Gyms should thus be open.

Stop making political posts or you will be reported. This has zero to do with Fox. Gyms are open in 47 states.

No one is forcing you to go to a gym brah. I dont want to see you at the beach or grocery store either. You want to live in a bubble do so. There is a risk in everything. Businesses are shuttered for good. Ive been told wearing masks can bring spread to a low number. Gyms should thus be open.

Stop making political posts or you will be reported. This has zero to do with Fox. Gyms are open in 47 states.

Good post.

Well, there's tons of evidence all over the place. But I'm guessing you get your news from Fox. Because they have chosen not to cover the pandemic in any depth. So you haven't seen the evidence. But Chris Wallace actually stated some clear evidence that refutes Trump and DeSantos' claims yesterday. And he did it on Fox.

Political

Political

Its DeSantis...Karen

Reactions: RUDead
Restrictions on churches make sense to me, as they're usually crowded and feature loud conversation/singing, which is a proven bad combo. Liquor stores are no different from any other store to me, so never understood why people called them out. Bars are very different - similar to churches to me and gyms (well at least in COVID risks, lol).

Nobody did well on nursing homes, with NJ being right in the middle on % of deaths in nursing homes (and NY nearly the best); most states, early on, were simply following CDC guidelines on returning recovered COVID patients to LTC facilities - one can debate whether those guidelines were effective or not separately.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...entions-and-more.191275/page-128#post-4573580

Of course. You are an atheist. DUHHH

He has no concept of science as has been demonstrated repeatedly during this pandemic. He's just angry, which is understandable. Gyms are one of the more dangerous indoor activities, although even they could be made relatively safe with the right controls.

Thinking we actually need something like fully enclosed helmets, with a tiny microphone/headset/external speaker and HEPA-filtered ventilation (to filter out viral particles and prevent fogging) instead of masks, for high risk activities like gyms and sporting events; still doesn't help the eating/drinking part much, though. I'd buy one if it let me go to a sporting event.

Meanwhile hundreds of peeps in HomeDepot Shop Rite . These stores have no science????

Reactions: RUsSKii
cc1990cc-0419-4cd0-a86a-655c698b054d-atilis_murphy_.JPG

Reactions: bac2therac
Unbelievable how these threads all keep turning so political. If only there was somewhere, not affiliated with Rutgers sports in any way, where the politically obsessed could exchange their silly insults and uselessly point fingers at each other until the end of time... :Wink:

Maybe the school doesn’t want 15k people on campus when they can’t even have students back and want to protect their employees
I think that is obvious! I was just saying the stadium is big enough that if they wanted to let the fans in they could safely do it with 1/3 capacity at the stadium and if they really wanted to they could do it at 50% capacity. I think the reason they do not want any fans is the liability issues that if someone gets the chinese Covid and died Rutgers could be sued!

So... politics aside.. is 501 too many for a Rutgers football game?

Given all the examples seen in this thread of inconsistent standards.. why is 500 the number?

And skinny... yes.. insurance companies pretty much make these decisions.,, but when the Governor has weird and changing limits.. it makes it hard on everyone.

Rutgers will get its pro-rated share of BTN and other TV money from airing football games.. everything else becomes a question of whether the insurance company will cover you if you are sued under X, Y Z rules. The insurance company may have checked off on coverage if Rutgers limits attendance to 500. Of course, they could shop for insurance if they set it at 10K and seen what was available. The Big Ten could shop for insurance for all teams at once...but then you have chaos. One team might "allow" or tolerate wild tailgates while another comes down like stormtroopers on any gatherings. Any little variance might allow insurance companies to say.. oh ono.. we weren't covering you for THAT.

Last edited:
Yes, but 40-50% of those deaths were in long term care facilities, and the state authorities have as much blame (or more) for those deaths than the current Administration. There is plenty of blame to go around, but a very large majority of it is on the current administration.

And the federal government continues to advocate a standard diet that has has contributed quite a bit to the deaths pre-covid (increased CVD and diabetes) and during covid by increasing rates of obesity and diabetes in the US. This is a problem that has existed for quite a long time in this country.

The recently released Dietary Guidelines have done little to address the problem. But why should it, when like other things in this country, money-influencing and big corporations influence important policies in this country. And Big Pharma is quite happy with this, because more sick people means more profits for them.

When do people become responsible for what they eat and how much they weigh? How about what chioices they make to buy stuff and save for a rainy day or retirement? It is ridiculous to think that the government has to be responsible for making choices for individuals. The ogvernment is the worst possible option when it comes to making choices individuals should be responsible for themselves!

Meanwhile hundreds of peeps in HomeDepot Shop Rite . These stores have no science????

Is this a serious question? Those stores have far, far less population density than a football game would. If you're talking gyms vs. stores, gyms feature far more risk (for the same spacing relative to stores) given heavy breathing/grunting from exercise. As I said, I think they could figure out ways to make gyms safe to reopen.

Unbelievable how these threads all keep turning so political. If only there was somewhere, not affiliated with Rutgers sports in any way, where the politically obsessed could exchange their silly insults and uselessly point fingers at each other until the end of time... :Wink:

Reading these threads is exactly why i opted out of the invite. Its like shouting at a cloud on both sides and I find it just annoys me. Better off not. Its not like anyone is going to change anyone elses mind on any topic.

ADVERTISEMENT