ADVERTISEMENT

Per Politi: No fans this year for Giants/Jets/Rutgers (RU - 500 max for coaches / players family)

Compared to everyone else...I would much rather be NJ and it's not even close. South Beach has an 8pm curfew. NJ beaches and downtowns have people and they don't need to be panicked about it. The much bigger mistakes were not the governors anyway.
Again, we aren’t talking about first downs and yards gained. It’s did we win or lose. If you had a family member at a LTC facility who died, you lost.

Let’s see what happens with other states as their scoreboard shows 00:00. We aren’t there either yet, but we are in the second half.

And what happens in NJ is a Trenton issue. Just like it’s an Albany one for NY and a Tallahassee one for FL. Local problems need local solutions.

Over 661 people have died from licking stamps this month in NJ? Maybe we need to use more self-adhesive stamps...

lol I thought we found out that there’s only been one death so far in the state this month? That the numbers Murphy was reporting were backdated? If I’m wrong then 662 deaths from “stamp licking” is quite hysterical I have to admit that!

What does the current FL nursing home % death look like?

I had grandparents end up in those facilities. I'm aware how they are. I don't see how you just send them around.

You don't "send them around". You force the LTC facilities to cohort staff and patients. Covid floors/staff and non Covid floors/staff. Hackensack hospital had separate entrances for their Covid staff to keep them totally separate from the non covid staff. There are ways to do it.

I'm not sure how many deaths exactly because I can't find that number on the Florida Covid website, However, they have a 19 page report of numbers of deaths by LTC facility and 6.5 pages worth of facilities have deaths....12.5 pages don't have any deaths. Florida has way more LTC facilities than NJ does. Way more.
The state has 5653 deaths total..of all residents. NJ has 6877 deaths in LTC alone.

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/covid19_report_archive/ltcf_deaths_latest.pdf

The Miami Herald put a story out about the LTC facilities. It seems that Florida is relaxing their rules on who can go into the facilities and this is causing an outbreak.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/health-care/article244401817.html

While digging around for this info I found an AARP website that shows you how to look at the LTC rates of each state.

https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/health/info-2020/coronavirus-nursing-home-cases-deaths.html

Reactions: Knightmoves
You know what’s a serious question...

Why at the smaller venue, Monmouth Park can you have a higher number than the larger one, MetLife.

And with the poor design of MetLife it’s even easier to control social distancing because “you can’t get theyah from hearah” especially on the lower level.

This one just doesn’t make sense.

As I surmised the other day, all is not lost my friend. A lot is up to all of us, but there's hope.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/nf...-attend-giants-jets-rutgers-games/5502110002/

It's really this simple to me.

FL/AZ/TX and others will not have a summer.

In NJ we do. Sucks we can't have concerts, go to football games or inside bars. But we're doing darn well all things considered.
If this is accurate, great job by us. NJ is the most densely populated state. The rest of the country needs to figure out what we are doing and mimic it.

You don't "send them around". You force the LTC facilities to cohort staff and patients. Covid floors/staff and non Covid floors/staff. Hackensack hospital had separate entrances for their Covid staff to keep them totally separate from the non covid staff. There are ways to do it.

I'm not sure how many deaths exactly because I can't find that number on the Florida Covid website, However, they have a 19 page report of numbers of deaths by LTC facility and 6.5 pages worth of facilities have deaths....12.5 pages don't have any deaths. Florida has way more LTC facilities than NJ does. Way more.
The state has 5653 deaths total..of all residents. NJ has 6877 deaths in LTC alone.

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/covid19_report_archive/ltcf_deaths_latest.pdf

The Miami Herald put a story out about the LTC facilities. It seems that Florida is relaxing their rules on who can go into the facilities and this is causing an outbreak.

While digging around for this info I found an AARP website that shows you how to look at the LTC rates of each state.

https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/health/info-2020/coronavirus-nursing-home-cases-deaths.html

Once again NIRH gets whipsawed by the facts of the matter.

How is he able to get back up off the mat so frequently when he is proven wrong?

No pride is my guess.

Reactions: Caliknight
Not going to stick his neck out this far in advance. 6? weeks for the pros and 2? months in advance for RU is a lifetime the way this virus is hopping around the country. too much can change.
Saying * what could happen down the road under the right conditions is not really sticking your neck out.

* see how the long politician response fits/works here. Doesn’t promise anything

Last edited:
lol I thought we found out that there’s only been one death so far in the state this month? That the numbers Murphy was reporting were backdated? If I’m wrong then 662 deaths from “stamp licking” is quite hysterical I have to admit that!

I don't know about backdating, so maybe? I had just gone back through the daily announced numbers and counted them up. Thought maybe you knew something I didn't about weaponized postage. :WideSmile:

Reactions: Greg2020
How can the singer of the National Anthem not be able to sing in an empty baseball stadium.
But certain senile old men sit in the stands with no mask on right next to two others.

Again, we aren’t talking about first downs and yards gained. It’s did we win or lose. If you had a family member at a LTC facility who died, you lost.

Let’s see what happens with other states as their scoreboard shows 00:00. We aren’t there either yet, but we are in the second half.

And what happens in NJ is a Trenton issue. Just like it’s an Albany one for NY and a Tallahassee one for FL. Local problems need local solutions.

I don't know we're in the second half but I will say NJ appears to one of the very few states with things under control. The rate of loss among LTCs across the world is much higher because the older and more immunocompromised you are, the more issues you have.

It's local to an extent but there was never- and still isn't- a national plan on this. We lucked out to live in a region with a regional plan. Sure it doesn't make sense to say have a rural area on the same level of lockdown as NYC...but in terms of supplies for example there needs to be coordination.

But if we're going with the "I got mine" I certainly won't be the one to argue as long as we can keep that going for years to come. Hell, even months to come, as hurricanes batter Florida and Texas. After all, as their politicians have told us, we are somehow one of those financial basketcases that takes (way) less money from the feds than they do...so while the hurricanes and COVID bear down on them, perhaps Murphy can send some troopers down to the Delaware Memorial Bridge and anyone with a tag south of NJ can be turned back? Local control and all. Hell had we done that earlier we may have had inside dining and Parker open. :)

Reactions: Kbee3 and Greg2020

Isn't Florida not reporting all their deaths?

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...eporting-different-number-of-covid-19-deaths/

And as you concede their rate is going up in part because it's just not that easy to keep COVID away from such a vulnerable population. I'm not saying there's no mitigation, but rather that everyone in the US and abroad is getting similar results for the elderly.

Once again NIRH gets whipsawed by the facts of the matter.

How is he able to get back up off the mat so frequently when he is proven wrong?

No pride is my guess.

Glad you posted in a thread you could finally offer some knowledge on.

Sick and twisted elderly people in Florida that no one is terribly concerned about.

Sometimes he just needs to take the "L". I actually think he just posts so Greg2020 can give him another "Like".

You mean like how I demonstrated NJ had the best results out of all 50 states?

But it's terrible. Less people are dying but we can't attend football games in person. What an injustice.

France started letting fans in to soccer games. UK plans to in October. It's almost like when you have a NATIONAL plan you can have NATIONAL leagues reopen. Almost like if you don't call it a hoax and sniffles and blame the governors who actually tried to stop it, you get to, say, I don't know, be outside after 8pm or go to the beach. Weird!

I don't know we're in the second half but I will say NJ appears to one of the very few states with things under control. The rate of loss among LTCs across the world is much higher because the older and more immunocompromised you are, the more issues you have.

It's local to an extent but there was never- and still isn't- a national plan on this. We lucked out to live in a region with a regional plan. Sure it doesn't make sense to say have a rural area on the same level of lockdown as NYC...but in terms of supplies for example there needs to be coordination.

But if we're going with the "I got mine" I certainly won't be the one to argue as long as we can keep that going for years to come. Hell, even months to come, as hurricanes batter Florida and Texas. After all, as their politicians have told us, we are somehow one of those financial basketcases that takes (way) less money from the feds than they do...so while the hurricanes and COVID bear down on them, perhaps Murphy can send some troopers down to the Delaware Memorial Bridge and anyone with a tag south of NJ can be turned back? Local control and all. Hell had we done that earlier we may have had inside dining and Parker open. :)
That’s again what I’m saying...you are responsible for your constituents.

The people who run Billings, MT should be prepared for something just like those in Pensacola, FL.

France started letting fans in to soccer games. UK plans to in October. It's almost like when you have a NATIONAL plan you can have NATIONAL leagues reopen. Almost like if you don't call it a hoax and sniffles and blame the governors who actually tried to stop it, you get to, say, I don't know, be outside after 8pm or go to the beach. Weird!
As of right now certain jurisdictions are planning to do the same.

You do what you need to do for your area.

When the milk spills it doesn’t cover the whole floor of a very larger room or a huge table all at once. It spreads. It also dries at a different pace too.

Reactions: Section124
That’s again what I’m saying...you are responsible for your constituents.

The people who run Billings, MT should be prepared for something just like those in Pensacola, FL.

As of right now certain jurisdictions are planning to do the same.

You do what you need to do for your area.

When the milk spills it doesn’t cover the whole floor of a very larger room or a huge table all at once. It spreads. It also dries at a different pace too.

The issue is that what happens in one state with this virus will get to the other.

Like I said, no argument from me if we blocked off the other side of the Delaware so that in a month Rutgers (among everything else) is ready to get much closer to normal in a month. But I know there'd be legal, economic and other issues with that.

Reactions: Greg2020
Yeah, terrible ones.

The “mistakes were made” line/phrase has been used for years to denote a really bad move. I would be incensed if I lost a family member and heard a chief executive say that.
Your attention to that line made me think of a Netflix show I recently checked out.. "Norsemen"... I described it to someone as a Vikings DarkAges themed version of The Office meets Monty Python. Some very smart writing and acting mixed among some dark, sexual and even scatological humor.. and "mistakes were made", iirc, is exactly the kind of thing they would have a character say. There is no breaking the fourth wall like The Office does.. so I really could use a new reference.. but the humor is so dry at times.

The issue is that what happens in one state with this virus will get to the other..
That’s the milk in the example.

You have to make sure to have enough Bounty to clean it up. Or know where to get some.

Last edited:
I am curious what percentage of the elderly folks who passed away in nursing homes and LTC facilities had a DNR. It seems it was recipe for disaster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT