ADVERTISEMENT

Personally, I'm proud of the team...

Dave Did you really expect a W today? Come on man !!!I don't like moral victories either but it is a giant leap forward for Rutgers mankind

We all saw some great improvement today. Lets build on it. Don't forget that Minny kicked some butt in College Park last weekend while we were on the road.

We need to build on this.

Reactions: KevH
Gio on one leg was a better pocket passer than the previous starter. Kind of makes you wonder. Better late than never though.

Confidence is a funny thing in sports. They could have packed it in after the start but didn't. That matters. Short on talent but they have some desire. Let's see where we are after the break.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Confidence is a funny thing in sports. They could have packed it in after the start but didn't. That matters. Short on talent but they have some desire. Let's see where we are after the break.

sometimes teams are looser on the road because they don't have to deal with the home fans booing them. Maybe that happened a little bit; the defense rallied after that awful first quarter and maybe that wouldn't have been as easy here.

Surprised at how negative people have been today.
I'm not anymore. Been watching folks be this negative for too many years. Even when things are going well, some folks just seem to always be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

There was a lot to like today and this team could just as easily have 3 more wins at this point without the injuries and turnovers

They were in the game all the way to the last play, hard to complain.
Prediction for next year is 6 -7 wins and bowl game,

Reactions: czxqa

I think that's really asking for a lot even with improvement. Lose a lot on the DL and OL gonna need guys to step up really quick.

I wouldn't say proud, the word that comes to mind is "hopeful". We played away against a team that should have beaten us relatively easy and they did not. This doesn't dismiss the fact that we could have won the game. But today's effort was move s move in the right direction. Let's hope we can finish strong and steal a victory or two coming down the stretch.

Last edited:
We'll have better skill players next year but both of our lines get worse and that's scary. I don't think we're any better. It's going to take 2, 3 or even 4 years to get back to bowl games.

sometimes teams are looser on the road because they don't have to deal with the home fans booing them. Maybe that happened a little bit; the defense rallied after that awful first quarter and maybe that wouldn't have been as easy here.

Agreed. Hearing your own fans boo you is harder than hearing the other team being cheered for.

If we can score against Pennsytucky St, I think the crowd will be receptive.

I am not going to crazy about the overall performance, because bad teams play well at some point most seasons, but the way this team responded, not just to falling behind in this game but to falling behind after such demoralizing losses, is an awesome sign for the players and the coaching staff. That is the takeaway from today, not the score.

ADVERTISEMENT