ADVERTISEMENT

Pete Thamel Tweet: B1G are discussing fate of 2020 Season (Helmets Only For Now)

tico brown

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
Now that UConn and the MAC has cancelled/ postponed their 2020 fall seasons, have the dominos begun to fall according to this Pete Thamel tweet?

Playing in the Spring seems illogical to me. Play a Spring season then return to training camp on August 1 for the next Fall season?

I don’t get why this makes sense to anybody. Can someone defend Spring FB?

They already practice, scrimmage and play hard all spring. Why not throw 10 games in? Sure beats the alternatives of having a horrible fall season or no season at all.

It would be so 2020 if the powers that be ultimately decided that Spring Football would become permanent after a good run in Spring 21.

Spring interferes with BB, another big $$$ sport, not to mention Baseball & Lacrosse. So even with Spring FB, someone will be losing out

Reactions: RUaMoose
Yeah--that's what YOUR statement said. Did the link say something different?
Scroll above and look at the Bill Ribinowitz caption.

Second, that's common talk for telling football players what to wear when coaches say Helmets only, Uppers, or Full Pads. Dont know wtf you're trying to prove here.

Reactions: Greg2020
Scroll above and look at the Bill Ribinowitz caption.

Second, that's common talk for telling football players what to wear when coaches say Helmets only, Uppers, or Full Pads. Dont know wtf you're trying to prove here.
Prove? Is there anything to prove? Read your post and took it literally. I'm not the only one. See @ClassOf02 's post. Just having a little fun and laughter here.
2908776_0.jpg

Reactions: Vlife
Players will get this easier on their own than on the football field. It won't be shutdown do to science. Rather the fear of being sued will doom football. We're a litigious society, lawyers and the lure of a quick buck have made us that way. So if you want to blame anyone, blame @Knight Shift :)

Reactions: Knightmoves
Who says they wouldn’t get paid?
Where is the money going come from? Can't show basketball and football in the same key TV time slots. Ratings will be split between sports. So will advertising dollars.

Where is the money going come from? Can't show basketball and football in the same key TV time slots. Ratings will be split between sports. So will advertising dollars.

I’m not going to pretend to know how the contracts are structured and how AD accounting works, but I’m pretty sure they can navigate around a 6 month delay. The spring would still be in the same athletic year. The B1G network is still on and people are still paying their cable bill. Maybe schools can get paid up front in advance? There are so many possibilities, it’s definitely not so black and white.

I’m not going to pretend to know how the contracts are structured and how AD accounting works, but I’m pretty sure they can navigate around a 6 month delay. The spring would still be in the same athletic year. The B1G network is still on and people are still paying their cable bill. Maybe schools can get paid up front in advance? There are so many possibilities, it’s definitely not so black and white.
It is black and white that there are just so many prime time slots. I don't know how you can't figure that put and the impact of that trying to fit in two major college sports into the same spot.
Pay schools up front? Where is that money coming from?
People are not still paying their cable bills. I was one of them. I went to free over the air until baseball came back. There are millions like me.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Players will get this easier on their own than on the football field. It won't be shutdown do to science. Rather the fear of being sued will doom football. We're a litigious society, lawyers and the lure of a quick buck have made us that way. So if you want to blame anyone, blame @Knight Shift :)
Why me? I'm just a patent scrivener. I can help you protect your inventions on how to produce a more fruitful farm.

Quick question on something that's been asked millions of times here: When is Rutgers going to get the full share of the Big 10 Payments? And what is the official reason why they still have to wait that long?

It is black and white that there are just so many prime time slots. I don't know how you can't figure that put and the impact of that trying to fit in two major college sports into the same spot.
Pay schools up front? Where is that money coming from?
People are not still paying their cable bills. I was one of them. I went to free over the air until baseball came back. There are millions like me.

All that stuff you said can be worked out. People aren’t paying their cable bill? Mmmmk.

Reactions: Greg2020
Quick question on something that's been asked millions of times here: When is Rutgers going to get the full share of the Big 10 Payments? And what is the official reason why they still have to wait that long?

I believe RU would have get started to get a full share for the ‘21/‘22 year. That is being pushed off for four or five years, since we took more money than what the plan called for the last few years. We still would have been receiving north of $50M. Of course that may be impacted if the season is shut down.

If this is the case today , why did they spend so much time and effort announcing a schedule what 4 days ago? Talk about a waste of money and resources in this time . What morons

I believe RU would have get started to get a full share for the ‘21/‘22 year. That is being pushed off for four or five years, since we took more money than what the plan called for the last few years. We still would have been receiving north of $50M. Of course that may be impacted if the season is shut down.
I was a little off, but it was not hard to find.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.app.com/amp/2743539002

Reactions: tico brown
If this is the case today , why did they spend so much time and effort announcing a schedule what 4 days ago? Talk about a waste of money and resources in this time . What morons

They said four days ago that the schedule was subject to change, it is going to be an ongoing process.

Spring interferes with BB, another big $$$ sport, not to mention Baseball & Lacrosse. So even with Spring FB, someone will be losing out

Not to mention a direct conflict with the NFL combines and NFL draft possibly.
Massive amount of players would opt out of a Spring CFB season.
Never happening.

?
The Draft is in April.
How far back can push the Combine?
No to mention a “Spring “ CFB season is probably running into late April/ early May.

They can delay the draft too. Nothing is set in stone.

ADVERTISEMENT