ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Peter Kiss is in the transfer portal

Is there any grad transfers that could play at the B1G level out there still?

All the best. If he followed this board, he was aware of many false flag posters from SHU and other schools trying to stir the pot. He remained a good teammate throughout, and the qualities he showed in adjusting to his initial transfer not working out will serve him well throughout his life. He may not be a high D1 player, but he is a super high D1 person.

Really if they aren’t filling his scholarship, I would have just kept him on the roster. No shame in having a solid practice guy on the squad. As long as expectations are set that he will only play in case of emergency, would have been fine, not a distraction type based on what I can tell.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Really if they aren’t filling his scholarship, I would have just kept him on the roster. No shame in having a solid practice guy on the squad. As long as expectations are set that he will only play in case of emergency, would have been fine, not a distraction type based on what I can tell.

I don’t think him being on the roster was the teams choice. Pike doesn’t force people out, it was Kiss decision to garner more playing time his senior year.

Wish him the best and hope he finds playing time and happiness along with getting his degree, at his next stop .
He didn't work out as hoped at RU, but not every player does and that shouldn't be held against him by RU fans.

I hope one day we get the story. Playing zero minutes even when the walk-ons were in. I would have like to see him get some time in the Illinois away game, nobody could hit the broad side of a barn.

The unanswered question: is he a regular transfer or grad transfer?

If he's a grad transfer, he'll be eligible to play next season.

If he's a regular transfer, he has to sit out a year before playing. If that's the case, last season must have been a medical redshirt year. He only has five years to play four. If he transfers without being a grad, he has to sit out a year.

My assumption is that he will be a grad transfer and be immediately eligible.

Last edited:
I hope Peter graduates in May from RU and can be happy at another school next season. I was the first to comment last November that he could wind up and fill a spot for Jay Young at Fairfield. I attended 19 practices this past season and over 10 practices in 2018-2019. Peter was an excellent teammate in every practice and every game. Up close I saw that he got along with every teammate and all of the teammates loved him as well. He was always happy interacting with every coach also. He only played 2 games this past season. I hope that maybe he had a problem that kept him from playing in games and he could graduate this May as this was his 4th year of college. Maybe somehow he can earn a red shirt for this past season as he only played 13 minutes and possibly as a grad transfer receive 2 years to play as a post graduate. I think that would be wonderful for Peter. I wish him nothing but the best.

If he's a regular transfer, he has to sit out a year before playing. If that's the case, last season must have been a medical redshirt year. He only has five years to play four. If he transfers without being a grad, he has to sit out a year.
That makes all the difference in what schools will want him.
I was thinking he might just drop down to a division 2 school, but think most of them don't offer full scholarships.

That makes all the difference in what schools will want him.
I was thinking he might just drop down to a division 2 school, but think most of them don't offer full scholarships.

He can and should play D1. He’s proven it at Quinnipiac. The B1G is over his head, however.

Reactions: Scangg
Walked out of the RAC with Moms and Pops Kiss last year. Drove down from Connecticut to watch their son sit. Mom's expressed her obvious frustration in a heavy European accent .Pops just held her hand and smiled. Any of us would be pissed whether we drove from Connecticut or Piscataway. Good luck PK. And I hope Moms and Pops get to watch him light it up. Maybe Calhoun will pick him up and let him stay home.

Reactions: MV9000

My assumption is that he will be a grad transfer and be immediately eligible.

Unless he really effed up academically (hard to do with academic advisors and all that), he'll be a grad transfer. He's been in college for four years.

He can and should play D1. He’s proven it at Quinnipiac. The B1G is over his head, however.
Right you are .

I wasn’t sure if Peter was going to be a Grad transfer with immediate eligibility and wondered if a D1 school would want to bring him in for 2 years with the first having him sit and then play one year before eligibility ran out.
But according to this article he’ll be a Grad transfer and that makes all the difference in the world ( in my opinion) about D1 schools going after him . Making him a good get for some of the D1 programs not considered major players.

>Coach Steve Pikiell announced Thursday that Kiss intends to graduate and use his remaining year of eligibility at another school.<

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/spor...rs-guard-peter-kiss-to-enter-transfer-portal/

Fairfield seems like an obvious destination with Jay Young. He's already proven he can light it up in the MAAC

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I hope one day we get the story. Playing zero minutes even when the walk-ons were in. I would have like to see him get some time in the Illinois away game, nobody could hit the broad side of a barn.

Think only playing the one game might have kept that year of eligibility, so it definitely seems like PK and Pike knew exactly what they were doing. Otherwise, given that PK was a great teammate, Pike would have played him.

I wish PK all the best. I remember being extremely excited when he committed here .. seemed like a legit piece (all-frosh MAAC) .. fortunately for us our talent pool increased, and he’s a reason for that, so in the end I think he was a legit piece .. unfortunately for him our talent pool increased. Again wish him the best, seemed like he was a great teammate that all the guys got along w. Woulda loved him to get a tourney appearance along w Joey, Kwasi & Shaq.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT