ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Peter Kiss is in the transfer portal

Wish him the best. Wonder what the staff will do why his scholarship? It would be nice to have a grad transfer à ith a shooting touch come in.

Wish him the best. Wonder what the staff will do why his scholarship? It would be nice to have a grad transfer à ith a shooting touch come in.

They do not intend to fill the scholarship so I'm guessing Nick Brooks or Luke Nathan will be awarded a scholarship as I believe Joey Downes was last season.

I wouldn't say it didn't work out. He was a big time contributor in Pike's second year and helped get us to 7 BiG wins. But Pike's superior talent development ended up seeing Kiss getting past over.
So, lemme make sure I understand you.
Pike's superior talent development was not effective with Peter Kiss but it worked with guys not as talented as Kiss and they passed over him?

Is that what you mean?

Really if they aren’t filling his scholarship, I would have just kept him on the roster. No shame in having a solid practice guy on the squad. As long as expectations are set that he will only play in case of emergency, would have been fine, not a distraction type based on what I can tell.
But it was his choice to play somewhere and get playing time.
RU COULDN'T for him to stay be a practice player. I wish him all the best.

Reactions: needmorecowbell
Can someone please explain to me why we are still talking about peter kiss?

First it was why no playing time. now it is why could he not be a practice player. We don’t need practice players. Pikiell plays 9-10 guys a game... he can easily manage a 5-on-5 game simulations in practice with his current roster. We also have guys who go 100% all the time so don’t need a spark when guys get lazy.

hell I am sure pikiell is happy to have the headache gone from so many people asking him why kiss didn’t get playing time. At a certain point it becomes a distraction to the team. I wonder how many time geo or Ron got asked why kiss doesn’t play forcing them to either lie or get themselves in trouble.

At least there was an 11 day hiatus before this thread reared its ugly head again. Guess that's the socially distancing minimum for a Kiss thread. :DeadHorse: :BeatDeadHorse:

GL to Pete. Didn't work out for him at RU, but am guessing he worked his tail off in practice and was a great team mate. As we got better, our recruit quality got better. Peter was part of that getting better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT