ADVERTISEMENT

Phew! Dodged a Bullet!

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
If you are giving 8 years and $4MM to a coach plus everything else, I need to see someone that is a winner. Someone who has won a real championship at any level.

Schiano was a great coach for the time he was here. That was a different era. Bring me a current winner or someone who is actually employed.

If we are giving away the whole farm, show me a winner.

If you are giving 8 years and $4MM to a coach plus everything else, I need to see someone that is a winner. Someone who has won a real championship at any level.

Schiano was a great coach for the time he was here. That was a different era. Bring me a current winner or someone who is actually employed.

The plan B names Rutgers is currently floating out there through their media connections are definitely not “current winners”, and most are not “actually employed” either ( as head coaches, anyway).

They did not offer him 8 yrs.

From NJAM

Rutgers had originally offered the same salary to the former coach for a six-year, $24 million deal, according to a source familiar with the offer. The source said Schiano’s agent countered on Tuesday, asking for eight years. and additional perks. The source said that the counter offer was never presented to the university’s board of governors, and was ultimately rejected by Rutgers Athletic Director Patrick Hobbs.

The never Schianos are flat out delusional thinking anyone with any kind of recognizable name or potential to advance their career would come here. The best thing about Schiano is that he wanted to be here for a long time. Idiots.

You are not getting a "winner" for that type of money, try doubling it and then maybe. Access to a private jet should not be a deal breaker if you are competing with OSU, Michigan, and PSU. The facility upgrade is a no brainer and any "winning" coach is going to demand the same upgrades, if not more. The fact is Schiano's demands were consistent with a HC who had rebuilt a program with some success and knew what it would take to do it again. What we are going to end up with is Ash II, bank on it.

From NJAM
Rutgers had originally offered the same salary to the former coach for a six-year, $24 million deal, according to a source familiar with the offer. The source said Schiano’s agent countered on Tuesday, asking for eight years. and additional perks. The source said that the counter offer was never presented to the university’s board of governors, and was ultimately rejected by Rutgers Athletic Director Patrick Hobbs.

Based on that excerpt— It had better now actually be going down.

So long, Pat.

guess what even though I like Schiano and know his family, there are many who agree with Cal even if they never post on here--there are reasons and then some why not hiring him prevents many on that no Greg side to now remain silent --- and actually save RU some negative press from can I say the political side

Reactions: DRC79

From NJAM

I am extremely skeptical. No way Hobbs can make that decision on his own unless the BOG told him 24/6 was the final offer.

Stick to politics, when it comes to football, you are a MORON!!!!!
:)

FYI - can't wait for Ginsby's replacement!

Hahahaha! How about a tennis player instead? You people are delusional. Nobody is coming that was ever any good. Stick a fork in RU football for the next decade. See if I'm wrong.

Isn’t what Greg wanted still put him at the bottom 3rd of the conference.
If you want a winning football program playing in the Big 10. That’s a discount to the going rate

You are not getting a "winner" for that type of money, try doubling it and then maybe. Access to a private jet should not be a deal breaker if you are competing with OSU, Michigan, and PSU. The facility upgrade is a no brainer and any "winning" coach is going to demand the same upgrades, if not more. The fact is Schiano's demands were consistent with a HC who had rebuilt a program with some success and knew what it would take to do it again. What we are going to end up with is Ash II, bank on it.
Truth. This money is in the bottom 1/3 of the B1G.

From NJAM

Good. Saban is the only coach I can remember signing a contract line that. Schiano has never won a championship and will never coach a p5 school again. Watch.

you can tell we live in a state run by dems because they always think the answer to everything is more money. 7mm for assistants is big time

we will be better off without him and that package can go to Butch and he'll get some outstanding assistants and let them do their job

I am extremely skeptical. No way Hobbs can make that decision on his own unless the BOG told him 24/6 was the final offer.
Skeptical of what? And why do you KnighShift make arguments to things that don't exist? Nobody suggested Hobbs did anything other than what he was told. This thread was started by saying Greg was offered 8/32M and I pointed out that is not what he was offered.

Reactions: hiwater
The never Schianos are flat out delusional thinking anyone with any kind of recognizable name or potential to advance their career would come here. The best thing about Schiano is that he wanted to be here for a long time. Idiots.

That’s why he bailed out right before signing day. He could have all he asked for this time and more if he stayed. He’s the one that messed it up. Don’t blame it on the school.

Reactions: asgot

From NJAM

http://investrecords.com/2019/11/25...-4m-a-year-a-25m-guarantee-and-a-private-jet/

That’s isn’t what he was offered. That’s what it would take to sign him. F that. Better coaches out there with relevance.

Reactions: asgot

no winner will even give Rutgers a sniff. Schiano is not the greatest coach I agree but he is the only one who can instantly recruit new jersey, and he has had great success in Florida. no coach with any ambition wants to come to the coaching graveyard. and if you think that they are willing to come in this dumpster fire you are crazy

That’s why he bailed out right before signing day. He could have all he asked for this time and more if he stayed. He’s the one that messed it up. Don’t blame it on the school.
put down the pipe, your talking through your ass_ole

Reactions: scripts
no winner will even give Rutgers a sniff. Schiano is not the greatest coach I agree but he is the only one who can instantly recruit new jersey, and he has had great success in Florida. no coach with any ambition wants to come to the coaching graveyard. and if you think that they are willing to come in this dumpster fire you are crazy
Ridiculous to say he’s the only guy who can recruit N.J. on the whole planet. Small time thinking.

guess what even though I like Schiano and know his family, there are many who agree with Cal even if they never post on here--there are reasons and then some why not hiring him prevents many on that no Greg side to now remain silent --- and actually save RU some negative press from can I say the political side
My friend, who does not follow sports, said Rutgers would be crazy to hire Schiano because of the Penn State scandal. Now we will never have to debate that political hotbed.

I cannot believe there are not highly qualified coaches who would not jump at the chance to earn $3 million to $4 million at Rutgers. Actually if the person did not succeed he would probably get a pass at his next employment interview on the
“no one can win at Rutgers” theory.

Reactions: rutger80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT