ADVERTISEMENT

Philly Airport - offsite parking

JosephLanza

Junior
Oct 4, 2005
Hi All,

Any recommendations for different options? I have a 7 am flight out on Friday, I assume they all have 24 hour transportation to and from the airport and accept credit cards?

There's no reason to park "off site" at PHL. The long term parking lot is inexpensive.

Reactions: RU205
I park at Colonial parking. I go past the airport to Essington, and go up Printz (I think). Yes, they do take credit cards and yes they operate around the clock. The advantage of such a service over long-term parking is that you can call from the terminal and the service will send a pick-up much more quickly than the long-term bus, and you will go directly to the lot. Note that it makes sense to get a reservation at a place like Colonial.

We parked at the parking spot, lot 2 which is 9.50 a day and they shuttle you to and from the airport. Also you can print a coupon online that makes it 7.50 a day.

Another vote for the Parking Spot. Used it several times, quite convenient and inexpensive. It's off Essington..

Google expresslot. Just flew out of PHL this morning. Parked in Expresslot north. It was probably easier than walking through the parking garage of the airport.

There's no reason to park "off site" at PHL. The long term parking lot is inexpensive.

I stopped using the long term when I discovered how crowded the buses are going between the lot and terminal.

I use Preflight..and almost always use it's inside garage instead of the surrounding outside lot, though inside is more $$.

I'm impressed by all of the recommendations for the Parking Spot. Mapquest says that if I am coming down I-95 from the Philly area, I should exit on to Bartram Avenue at exit 14, then take Bartram to Essington and make a right turn, and 7780 will be on my right. I'm always suspicious of mapquest directions: are these right?

I always used Pre-Flight Parking.
A must for the winter (Indoor and outdoor parking)
never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus pickup when returning.

I'm impressed by all of the recommendations for the Parking Spot. Mapquest says that if I am coming down I-95 from the Philly area, I should exit on to Bartram Avenue at exit 14, then take Bartram to Essington and make a right turn, and 7780 will be on my right. I'm always suspicious of mapquest directions: are these right?

Use Waze or Googgle Maps on your phone.

I have used the valet service companies a few times.
WINNER and PACIFICO are next to each other on Essington Ave
You drive to their site then they drive you in your car to the airport.
When you return they pick you up in your car.
Usual practice is then to go back to their office to settle up $
For an additional fee can leave from the airport without returning to their office
Advantage: no shuttle bus and moving luggage extra times
With taxes and fees ends up about $10/day

I just checked all the recommended places from this thread...Wallypark, The Parking Spot,
PreFlight, were all more than Pacifico valet for my six day trip next week. Winner and Pacifico were equal or better than the services with the shuttle bus. I give a bigger tip to the valet then I would give a shuttle bus driver (depending on quality of service, baggage help, ...etc...) but even with that the valet services have the bus services beat on $

Last edited:

That sounds right. We have used Central Air Park on Essington a bunch if times, and the Parking Spot once. We are planning to use the Parking Spot in the future because they seem to have a lot more busses. Once when we used Central, we waited so long for a bus because the few that came were always full, that I eventually went on by myself standing. I got the car at the lot, and went back for the family. That was a little bit of a pain.

We always use the off site lots because it's really convenient off 95, most often they literally are at your car to pick you up as you get out. They drop you right at the curb at the airport, and pick you up right outside baggage claim, and drop you right back at your car. No walking from a lot or deck into the airport. We started doing it when the kids were little, and never have parked at the airport.

Coupons can definitely save you some dough. Hope this helps.

That's right.

Another vote for The Parking Spot

The parking lots fills up quickly, as do the offsite lots. I've almost missed a couple of flights out of Philly because of the terrible parking situation. One time I had to park illegally at one of the hotels a few miles from the airport and use their shuttle (and pray that the car was still there when I returned).

I would definitely recommend prepaying for offsite parking in Philly several days in advance.

The parking lots fills up quickly, as do the offsite lots. I've almost missed a couple of flights out of Philly because of the terrible parking situation. One time I had to park illegally at one of the hotels a few miles from the airport and use their shuttle (and pray that the car was still there when I returned).

I would definitely recommend prepaying for offsite parking in Philly several days in advance.

As I remarked above, Colonial offers reservations. You don't have to prepay.

Hi All,

Any recommendations for different options? I have a 7 am flight out on Friday, I assume they all have 24 hour transportation to and from the airport and accept credit cards?

I used to use all kinds of offsite parking. I only use winner valet white glove since I tried it a few flights ago. It's awesome, especially when you get home. Extra $14 is the best money I ever spent.

I have used the valet service companies a few times.
WINNER and PACIFICO are next to each other on Essington Ave
You drive to their site then they drive you in your car to the airport.
When you return they pick you up in your car.
Usual practice is then to go back to their office to settle up $
For an additional fee can leave from the airport without returning to their office
Advantage: no shuttle bus and moving luggage extra times
With taxes and fees ends up about $10/day

I just checked all the recommended places from this thread...Wallypark, The Parking Spot,
PreFlight, were all more than Pacifico valet for my six day trip next week. Winner and Pacifico were equal or better than the services with the shuttle bus. I give a bigger tip to the valet then I would give a shuttle bus driver (depending on quality of service, baggage help, ...etc...) but even with that the valet services have the bus services beat on $

My in-laws have used Winner or Pacifico for flights out of PHL and love it.

ADVERTISEMENT