ADVERTISEMENT

Photo Day Behind the Scenes

Kate Hill's bio mentions she missed 21 games with a stress fracture. Does this equate to a Medical Red Shirt? She is listed as a Sophomore?

Kate Hill's bio mentions she missed 21 games with a stress fracture. Does this equate to a Medical Red Shirt? She is listed as a Sophomore?
Bio says "Made eight appearances, including three starts, before being sidelined with a stress fracture." If I remember correctly, < 8 games is more or less the magic number as far as eligibility for a medical redshirt in bball is concerned. :-(

Bio says "Made eight appearances, including three starts, before being sidelined with a stress fracture." If I remember correctly, < 8 games is more or less the magic number as far as eligibility for a medical redshirt in bball is concerned. :-(
sounds like the redshirt was probably one game from happening, 7 a shirt, 8 cost a year.

sounds like the redshirt was probably one game from happening, 7 a shirt, 8 cost a year.
Actually, it's not clear what the number is. A couple of sources said 30% (raised from 20% 10 years ago), but then there was a game she was dressed for but didn't play, and I don't know if that counts. Plus the injury must be deemed medically season ending (physically unable to play) and of course the athlete has to apply. So who knows what the situation is.

ADVERTISEMENT