ADVERTISEMENT

Pike’s Peak and the Harper Valley

Blueswayedshus

Redshirt
Nov 15, 2019
2021 has not been kind to RU. The top of the mountain was in plain view after the Illinois win but it has been a fast tumble down into the valley ever since. While there are several problems, it is obvious that the poor play of Ron Harper, Jr. is the main cause. He has gone from All America worthy play to barely playing well enough to start.

2021 has not been kind to RU. The top of the mountain was in plain view after the Illinois win but it has been a fast tumble down into the valley ever since. While there are several problems, it is obvious that the poor play of Ron Harper, Jr. is the main cause. He has gone from All America worthy play to barely playing well enough to start.

Plugged in sources say Harper and Baker still injured . That to me is obvious
Get them 100 percent healthy and you will see real RU

Makes a big difference when Harper was playing at stud level. But it’s not just him, lots have gone into a funk at the same time.

Harper honestly looks out of shape. I thought he looked leaner last year and at the beginning of this year. Looks like he added some baby fat and is a step slow. We haven't seen any big dunks from him lately and he's not moving without the ball. He's just standing around waiting to be a spot up shooter.

Harper honestly looks out of shape. I thought he looked leaner last year and at the beginning of this year. Looks like he added some baby fat and is a step slow. We haven't seen any big dunks from him lately and he's not moving without the ball. He's just standing around waiting to be a spot up shooter.
Saw him stumble and fall down on defense last night and said there is something wrong there. He is clearly not himself

Both guys have nagging injuries that is hampering mobility. No ability to accelerate or jump for Geo and same for Harper. Harper is good for a couple of slams a game and is usually out on the break for easy points. This has been lacking since his return. Like Geo he is not putting the ball on the floor With authority. Also, we have seen Mags for one minute of time since his injury. If he were well you would have seen him more against OSU and MSU. The press releases say they are fine but these guys are not passing the eye test. February will be a better month for RU hoops than January. More healing time and an easier schedule. As someone on this board said it’s a marathon not a sprint. Don’t mutiny and throw the Captain overboard yet!

Last edited:
Reactions: biker7766
IMO Harper and GEO are BOTH fighting off the old injuries.
I injured a knee soph year at Cornell...took me a FULL YEAR to get better

Ankle injuries can take a long time to get back to form. Harpers productivity has gone way down since he had to miss that game with an injured ankle. Unfortunately, Baker's injury came in game one.

OP - major props for that Title Thread - get that copyrighted ASAP

We were able to get by without Harper and even McConnell in the Purdue. The bigger problem right now is that when Harper is on the floor we are still trying to run offense through him and he’s just not the same player. Of late, we’ve truly been better off with him sitting. Perhaps he came back too quickly?

Say what you want, but it is all about free throws; and their free throw percentage is just not acceptable. They have attempted 219 free throws and made 125 or 57.1%. IF they made 3 in the Iowa game, and IF they made 7 in the Wisconsin game, their FT% for the season would be a whooping 61.6% (135/219). Again, IF they make them they are 9-3 and most likely still ranked in the Top 25. The only way to not speak in IFs, is to make your free throws.

ADVERTISEMENT