ADVERTISEMENT

Pike will get us back to the Big Dance

every team is losing players..will Iowa be as good without their stars?
Penn state lost their entire team
Iowa loses their stud

we can get over .500 again in BiG next year and make the tourney. We have a strong nucleus of players
With the transfer portal teams can quickly reload especially teams that go to the NCAA on a regular basis.

Disagree.We have built a foundation to consistently get to the tourney .We have much of our core returning .Cliff, Jaden ,& Jalen look to be potential studs.Mag,Palm or Riev have a year under them.Add Geo & Portal & we should be really good next year.We are way beyond having 2 or 3 down years in a row.
No reason spots in 22’ will not yield good recruits.It is obvious to most that we are a program on the rise.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I know people are going to hate this, but it’s really not hard to make the dance coming out of the B1G.

You legit just need to be .500 in the conference and you make the tournament.
So we go from never having made it to easy peasy. LOL your hot takes are amusing.
How about it being “easier” with the company we keep (B1G) now compared to the AAC and the additional support from Athletics and the University overall?

I think that’s what @The RUT was getting at.

Reactions: The RUT
Let’s be clear Sojo is just directing info from TOS to here regarding BS rumors of others leaving..could it still happen? Sure but that was bad info to start with

Not accurate. Sojo has his own information on this. I’m a premium member on both sites, and Sojo is not just parroting what he may have read on the TOS board.

Disagree.We have built a foundation to consistently get to the tourney .We have much of our core returning .Cliff, Jaden ,& Jalen look to be potential studs.Mag,Palm or Riev have a year under them.Add Geo & Portal & we should be really good next year.We are way beyond having 2 or 3 down years in a row.
No reason spots in 22’ will not yield good recruits.It is obvious to most that we are a program on the rise.

Cliff Jaden and Jalen seem like studs? You have zero info to base this off of. Of course Cliff has upside but compared to his ratings he definitely unperformed but as other posters said, he never got a chance to learn from OOC and hopefully takes a big step up

My point is not to bash Pike or the staff, they have done an amazing job getting us to this point. And my remarks about a Final 4 were simply based on the way things lined up in our bracket - Houston is the first team in the Final Four to only play against double didget seeds.

Recruiting has been down the last TWO years and if there was ever a time to leverage the excitement around the program it is NOW but for whatever reason there just doesn't seem to be much buzz around this class and in the last 2 year's we recruited only 1- 2 players who could start in the BIG, as opposed to our competition who bring in 2-3 starters per year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT