ADVERTISEMENT

Pike

Less money more results....?? How many NCAA tournament wins does SHU have since Pike has been hired??? One....

Wanna wager thar SHU has a 2023 Top 40-50 kid recruited or does RU....

There's something I mentioned under the utter destruction of our fanbase during the Ash era and has carried over to the now failing to show any progress Schiano 2.0 era....there is a level of despair with the RU fanbase.

I don't think Pike is without criticism BUT the frustration and anger comes from Schiano failing to deliver when Pike has. There has to be some understanding that without Pike succeeding where football is failing, is the only thing keeping people from asking this general question??

Does RU belong in the B1G?? If you remove Pike from the equation and 3 straight NCAA teams in a row, what else does RU have going for it??

Pike haw bailed out a RU fanbase when the last 6 to 7 years has been a disaster. Pike is credible and has built a legitimate program, something seemingly impossible for football to figure out. Misguided anger is going be at all time high with every hiccup I see. Carry on folks!!!
Soccer is pretty damn good, as is wrestling

Simpson looks good and I hope it continues. Need more than one good guy per class. Have lots of starting minutes going out and need to process some fat off this roster to get guys that matter (Miller palmquist Reiber etc)
Did you and me just watch the same Reiber tonight?

Hes a good coach, not a great coach. He definitely has flaws. He provides us with a high floor but very low ceiling. Frankly, i pray our football program can reach the high floor, low ceiling, competitive nature our bball program has turned into.

What i just said is the truth but anyone who says hes not coach K here gets blasted
No, just idiots who say he sucks or doesn't run an offense get blasted. Legitimate criticism is fine.

Last edited:
The 0 point 2 rebound Reiber? Yea..probably.

Listen there are significant concerns going forward. Mulcahy mcconnell and cliff leaving leaves us with Simpson and a bunch of questions marks. I'll give mag a pass but pikes history in the transfer portal is not stellar. Sure he got Jacob but he also lost him to the xfer portal last year and brought in Spencer who was not impressive at all tonight vs real competition, among other glaring transfer misses. And for each Simpson there's a palmquist Miller etc just taking up space in the wings.

We have another great recruit coming. But we need to hit on more guys or the cupboard is gonna get bare real fast here. We need Dylan, without question. He plugs many of the holes and without him, those holes are glaring.

Listen there are significant concerns going forward. Mulcahy mcconnell and cliff leaving leaves us with Simpson and a bunch of questions marks. I'll give mag a pass but pikes history in the transfer portal is not stellar. Sure he got Jacob but he also lost him to the xfer portal last year and brought in Spencer who was not impressive at all tonight vs real competition, among other glaring transfer misses. And for each Simpson there's a palmquist Miller etc just taking up space in the wings.

We have another great recruit coming. But we need to hit on more guys or the cupboard is gonna get bare real fast here. We need Dylan, without question. He plugs many of the holes and without him, those holes are glaring.
God you are awful.

How many times did you say we have no plan with geo and RHJ gibe last year?

Take your lumps and keep moving

Cliff and Paul may very well be here next year.

Geo and Caleb were question marks as freshman too, I’m not worried about Pike. Football that’s a different story.

Maybe you missed the Gavin Griffiths signing? You must have missed how Woolfolk has been thus far, too….
I say in a post above Griffiths is a great recruit. But I hope beyond hope he performs in year one cause we're gonna need him. Not all these 4 stars work out. He needs to.

Reactions: RUHouston
Reiber will contribute, I think he has been unfairly criticized on this board thus far this season, He is still recovering from off season injury. He is not the type of player who can walk on the court and out talent the competition. But when he is conditioned and gets his feet under him he is a Big 10
Valued off the bench player. He has already shown that

Last edited:

Happiness lies with living in the moment
You should try it

Good for you. I couldn't care less. And nobody can tell me what our plan for a roster is next year if cliff leaves outside of Simpson

I don’t know why you’re assuming guys are going to leave when Pike led one of the few programs with 0 transfers out this year.

Reactions: RedTeam1994

Why can’t you trust our head coach considering he’s putting up some really stellar results by Rutgers standards? Stop being such a negative Nellie.

You’re doing fandom all wrong. We just had our biggest win in 10 months and the biggest win of the season, ripping the arms off of a shit talking rival…and you’re focused on replacing the departures for next season.

Today was a huge win. Try to enjoy it. You missed one of the most exhilarating seasons last year as you were too busy whining and complaining. Try not to do it again.

Of course. They only stay 4 years. Enjoy the team we have now.

Reactions: socaldave

Well, the RAC will certainly get rockin' when a ranked team goes down . . .

. . .This Question Mark ?

I would not be surprised if Paul returns next year as he missed really 4 games as one he got injured early in the game. He might want to play a season at full strength and I know he loves RU. I would not be surprised if Cliff also returns as if he isn't a first round pick he just might want to be part of one outstanding season for the ages. If both should return we just might be outstanding next year. That would be sweet. Griffiths will be here and with Spencer and him being good shooters and an improved Simpson and Woolfolk and still having Hyatt and Mag we can be very special.

You’re doing fandom all wrong. We just had our biggest win in 10 months and the biggest win of the season, ripping the arms off of a shit talking rival…and you’re focused on replacing the departures for next season.

Today was a huge win. Try to enjoy it. You missed one of the most exhilarating seasons last year as you were too busy whining and complaining. Try not to do it again.
I always enjoy beating Indiana since they're an unfettered asshole fanbase. I guess I've just gotten used to it since they're so bad against us that's it's difficult to remember they're a power 5 basketball program.

If pike rises to the challenge then everything I say is irrelevant. But there's a lot to put together for next year and beyond and I'm just frankly worried.

Mad chuck and Ash the dumbest of dumb.

Wouldn’t ignore Woolfolk, we haven’t seen Chol yet, Griffiths is a stud…why are you ignoring these guys?

Wouldn’t ignore Woolfolk, we haven’t seen Chol yet, Griffiths is a stud…why are you ignoring these guys?
I look forward and I see a roster of mag Griffiths Simpson. We need more. Much more. And that assumes mag continues to jump forward and griff comes as advertised.

Paul’s not leaving
I don't think he is either, but have you heard this from a good source? IMO, he knows he's unlikely to make the NBA and knows his best path to "success" is probably pursuing coaching (maybe after Europe or some other int'l destination) - and what better way to start that journey than another season under Coach Pike and staff?

I don't think he is either, but have you heard this from a good source? IMO, he knows he's unlikely to make the NBA and knows his best path to "success" is probably pursuing coaching (maybe after Europe or some other int'l destination) - and what better way to start that journey than another season under Coach Pike and staff?
Yes have a good source

At this point, I think the only guy we know won't be here next season is Caleb. Paul could be back, and Cliff might be too, if he's not projected to go in the 1st round. If any of our lower-minutes guys transfer out, we look for help in the portal. I'm not worrying about next season when this one is only eight games old.

Besides... Caleb is AWESOME, but if everyone else returns and we replace Caleb with Griffiths, plus factor in another year of growth for everyone, we are going to be GOOD again next season.

I said it once and I’ll say it again. Pike Sucks.

Hes a good coach, not a great coach. He definitely has flaws. He provides us with a high floor but very low ceiling. Frankly, i pray our football program can reach the high floor, low ceiling, competitive nature our bball program has turned into.

What i just said is the truth but anyone who says hes not coach K here gets blasted
Pike sucks. Low ceiling. Same Pike bashing bad takes being giving over and over and over and over

Some people never learn

I said it once and I’ll say it again. Pike Sucks.
giphy.gif

0 for 3 recruiting big men this month and if he can't land Bodo it will be 0 for 4. If this team has a bad year and doesn't make the tourney I don't see any 2024 top prospects coming here.
You nailed that prediction

ADVERTISEMENT