ADVERTISEMENT

Pike

Team went stone cold late in the 2nd half, scoring 5 points in the last 8 minutes.

With 2:40 remaining and the score tied at 61 we got shut out the rest of the way. Missed layups really hurt us.

Did Pike miss all those shots? We had good looks the entire game.

I count the covid year, so the team has made the NCAA tourney 3 years in a row after not making the tourney for 30 years. It feels like, to me, this year will be a down year, we just don't have enough offense - and we haven't been that great an offensive team anyway. Hopefully make the NIT, next years team assuming a transfer in could be very good.

Seriously? We went like 20 years without making the ncaas. Thanks to Pike, we have a good chance for 4 straight tourneys.

Pike deserves a statue & you are ready to trash him for losing a close game against a borderline-tourney team when our point guard is out, our best shooter had an off night, and we missed a ton of layups! Shit happens in sports.

If you played sports, did you ever have a bad game? Heck, shit happens in life. Even If you never played sports, have you ever had a bad day at work? Flush it and move on…

0 for 3 recruiting big men this month and if he can't land Bodo it will be 0 for 4. If this team has a bad year and doesn't make the tourney I don't see any 2024 top prospects coming here.

Team went stone cold late in the 2nd half, scoring 5 points in the last 8 minutes.

With 2:40 remaining and the score tied at 61 we got shut out the rest of the way. Missed layups really hurt us.

Can’t blame pike on that one players gotta play!

Kind of felt like Miami did to RU what RU does to teams at the RAC. Weathered the storm and then made multiple runs in the 2nd half to take the lead and close the game.

Miami's Kenpom going into the game was low 40s so this was a decent team.

Spencer being 1-10 hurt them all night. Think Spencer, Mag and Hyatt were 9-34 combined (IIRC). So it was amazing with that type of performance from three starters that they were in the game the entire way. Hopefully Paul is close to returning which will send Hyatt to the bench.

This was one was completely on the players. When they did what they should do… we made multiple runs…. When they didn’t, Miami made runs. It’s that simple.

More specifically, shot selection was terrible during their runs.

And of course, Hyatt missed a wide open layup to tie the game.

Eliminate those things and we win.

it's a shame that this BS is allowed on the RT

I had some major issues with the coaching last night...but this is clearly trolling
Hmm delete dissenting opinions. Sounds like there's a jobavailable for you in our government for sure.

Reactions: RU2131
Seriously? We went like 20 years without making the ncaas. Thanks to Pike, we have a good chance for 4 straight tourneys.

Pike deserves a statue & you are ready to trash him for losing a close game against a borderline-tourney team when our point guard is out, our best shooter had an off night, and we missed a ton of layups! Shit happens in sports.

If you played sports, did you ever have a bad game? Heck, shit happens in life. Even If you never played sports, have you ever had a bad day at work? Flush it and move on…
Quite frankly, anyone who thinks pike deserves a statue for winning one single NCAA tournament game has pathetic expectations. It's like people think it's hard to make the NCAA tournament with the talent in our area. Look at shu. Less money, more results.

Hes a good coach, not a great coach. He definitely has flaws. He provides us with a high floor but very low ceiling. Frankly, i pray our football program can reach the high floor, low ceiling, competitive nature our bball program has turned into.

What i just said is the truth but anyone who says hes not coach K here gets blasted

I doubt Mad played a sport...Just sayin...

Reactions: Christian0007
0 for 3 recruiting big men this month and if he can't land Bodo it will be 0 for 4. If this team has a bad year and doesn't make the tourney I don't see any 2024 top prospects coming here.
Hard without bagmen we are competing against.

Sometimes, people need to remember who we are, and what we were lol I forgot we were a perennial top 25 program the last 22 years…

Not one coach, who coached at a P5 bagman program, would touch our program with a 100 mile stick. Then they would actually have close on a stud without money or a job on the staff/school.

Relax @madchuck

Reactions: Kbee3 and kcg88
Sometimes, people need to remember who we are, and what we were lol I forgot we were a perennial top 25 program the last 22 years…

Not one coach, who coached at a P5 bagman program, would touch our program with a 100 mile stick. Then they would actually have close on a stud without money or a job on the staff/school.

Relax @madchuck
Yup we closed on 2 top 50 players

Reactions: Christian0007
He definitely doesn't suck, but it is shocking how quickly people are to jump on anyone who dares to criticize him over anything. To be giddy because things are better than they were when they were miserable is missing the point and sets a real low bar for expectations. We are a decent, not great team, with virtually no shooters. Our offense is painful to watch and no one wants to step up and shoot when it matters. And god forbid we hit a layup. Recruiting is decent, but people were way ahead their skis on that with all the talk of how great things were going. Cliff and Gavin are terrific gets, but we need so much more. It is great that we are at least in the conversation for some big time players now, but until they start actually coming here, it is nothing more than a hollow arrow pointing up. I like Pike as a coach and he has accomplished a lot. But all is not great and there is still a lot of work to do. It is actually ok to question some of that.

Last edited:
Hes a good coach, not a great coach. He definitely has flaws. He provides us with a high floor but very low ceiling. Frankly, i pray our football program can reach the high floor, low ceiling, competitive nature our bball program has turned into.

What i just said is the truth but anyone who says hes not coach K here gets blasted
I think this is a very fair view. There' s a big difference between high floor and "Pike sucks" though. That's what pisses everyone off.

I was sitting four rows behind the Rutger's bench and it was frustrating to see RU's inability to complete a play at the end. That said, I am very happy with Pike and the teams he has put together since arriving on the Banks.

I don't think one bad year will hurt that much, even an argument it helps, aka playing time is wide open. We won't make the tourney every year, but after making it 2 in a row, arguably 3 with covid, folks know Rutgers can win. Seems like we are in the hunt for alot of good 2024 players.

On Pike, I don't think we really know how good a Coach he is/can be. In terms of blue chips, we got Cliff, then Jaden Jones, who went nuts, and now Griffiths. We need a few more blue chip players than we have been getting, which is Pikes job. Step 1 was to climb out of the abyss, and in parallel he created a remarkable home court atmosphere. He is always selling Rutgers and Rutgers BB. 30 years of sucking is a long, long, long time, a whole generation.

child: learn the difference between an opinion and trolling. this is the round table...we're supposed to be above this crap
What is troll about it? What makes you think he's a good coach other than one tournament win? We underperformed to an alarming degree last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT