ADVERTISEMENT

Pike's technical

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
There have been some posters who have been saying for a while that Pike needs to get T'd up to show the refs he isnt going to take it anymore. Well it finally came today and I think the team seemed to kick it up a notch afterwards. I really think this year so far has been Pike's best coaching job yet. You lose your top two scorers from two (or three) straight NCAA teams and he gets this group to play a style that maximizes their strengths.

There have been some posters who have been saying for a while that Pike needs to get T'd up to show the refs he isnt going to take it anymore. Well it finally came today and I think the team seemed to kick it up a notch afterwards. I really think this year so far has been Pike's best coaching job yet. You lose your top two scorers from two (or three) straight NCAA teams and he gets this group to play a style that maximizes their strengths.
Me! OMG I missed it cause I was not able to watch until 7 mins left in regulation. I will have to watch tape.

LOVE IT and yes he has really done a hell of a job!

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Did anybody see the foul they called on Cams three pointer right after? In person looked like a terrible call.

I think it was actually a foul but it was, literally, one of the latest foul calls I’ve ever seen

The older ref was intimidated by the RAC.

Pikes T was perfectly timed, well deserved (cause the WHOLE GYM saw the missed foul), and energized the crowd and team

I was going to post about this if someone hadn't - I turned to my friends right after the T and said this might be the best RU T ever. We really picked it up after that and never let up with the intensity, really, the rest of the game - the only reason it was still close was that they're a pretty damn good team too. So much fun to watch these games - and win them much of the time too!

22-15 in fouls and 27-12 in FTs, both in our favor. I'd say we got a favorable whistle all night, but I imagine the game thread is still full of whining, lol. I can't even imagine what their board is saying right now about this game being given to us by the refs after the last one was stolen from us...
Not really. I always comment when by some unbelievable miracle we have less foul calls, and did so again today.

My favorite ramification was seeing Spencer tell him to tone it down later after the eventual shot clock violation when at first Cam was called for a weak foul. I’m guessing Cam didn’t want to see him tossed for a 2nd.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikebal9
Caleb was clobbered by OSU (Key, I think) with no call. That's a big miss considering what he means for their team and his foul trouble today. Good for Pike getting that T today. TV kept showing him shouting, "That's a foul! That's a foul!" after the T was called.
Especially after Cliffs third which was vax a dumb move by Cliff but little contact compared to that no call.

Reactions: RW90
@Scangg saw you down near where the T was called (hard to miss 😂). Any info on what Pike said? I saw him run across midcourt and knew it was coming
On TV he seemed to just be saying that was a foul over and over. I think he might of got T'd up for going past half court in the direction the ref. I am sure the refs know that he doesn't go off very often and even though they gave him a technical they probably realized they missed a blatant call, which they did.

Last edited:
they sucked....explain to me the first foul on Spencer...classic good straight up D. Good position, perfect. Quit being a troll. you must be a ref in your spare time.
Just because I might not like a call, it doesn't mean the ref sucks. Just because contact occurs which might be questionable, it doesn't mean the refs aren't trying to watch everything. Football is a collision sport, soccer is a contact sport and basketball is a semi-contact sport. If you don't like that, go watch the chess team.

Just because I might not like a call, it doesn't mean the ref sucks. Just because contact occurs which might be questionable, it doesn't mean the refs aren't trying to watch everything. Football is a collision sport, soccer is a contact sport and basketball is a semi-contact sport. If you don't like that, go watch the chess team.
Troll. Please stop.

ADVERTISEMENT