ADVERTISEMENT

Pikiell talks to On the Banks

A FANTASTIC article! I love what he had to say about everyone's progress throughout the pandemic. Notable that Caleb has gotten more muscular and that Tez has improved his game. I don't read Pike's words as blowing sunshine up anyone's butt, either, so when he says they're improved, I believe it.

Loved what he said about how teams now have to plan for 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D options...as in, pick your poison guarding this team!

Also the part about how we absolutely have to improve our Free Throws and its impact on scoring averages...

Great read!

Interesting that he also referenced Palmquist's defensive versatility. A lot of good stuff in this article.

Nice article and Q&A with Pikiell. Highly recommend it.....Great job by the author.

Also, Here are the summary tweets.

Last edited:
Geez- these tweets have me even more pumped!

I'm pumped about Palmquist. Coming in last January will be very beneficial. He was able to train, practice, watch B1G competition. I think he will be ready. AND, at 6'8, he may slide into that Yeboah spot.

Geo
Montez
Harper
Palmquist
Johnson

Bench: Young, McConnell, Mulcahy, Big Cliff, Next Best (Mag).....go 10 deep, 11 if in foul trouble(centers). Lots of options as Pikiell stated.

Reactions: RUPete
I'm pumped about Palmquist. Coming in last January will be very beneficial. He was able to train, practice, watch B1G competition. I think he will be ready. AND, at 6'8, he may slide into that Yeboah spot.

Geo
Montez
Harper
Palmquist
Johnson

Bench: Young, McConnell, Mulcahy, Big Cliff, Next Best (Mag).....go 10 deep, 11 if in foul trouble(centers). Lots of options as Pikiell stated.
Yup. Agree on Palmquist. And to your point, yes all the extra practice is huge, but being able to watch conference play and understand its intensity is invaluable.

Reactions: RU-Choppin-Ohio
Yup. Agree on Palmquist. And to your point, yes all the extra practice is huge, but being able to watch conference play and understand its intensity is invaluable.

It's great for the team because he will need to fight for the spot....another option is to start McConnell at the 3 and slide Harper to 4. McConnell is not gonna roll over.....and the article said he gained some nice weight.

Can't wait to see some video.

It's great for the team because he will need to fight for the spot....another option is to start McConnell at the 3 and slide Harper to 4. McConnell is not gonna roll over.....and the article said he gained some nice weight.

Can't wait to see some video.
It’s all good. We got the right coach in the right place at the right time. How many years have we talked about player development on this board?

ADVERTISEMENT