ADVERTISEMENT

Pinstripe Bowl Cancelled

images

If...

- the west side stadium was ever built (with the roof)
- it’s always played the closest weekend after Christmas

Then it would have the chance to really be something.

Of all the mind boggling things I read on this site, the cheering of the cancellation of bowls is the oddest. In what world is less college football better?
Don’t worry, yours is still on the calendar.😉

If what I said earlier would have happened, sure bad luck. We we all be in mourning.

But have to agree with @West Point Knight here. The Bronx, like Boise is not a great destination for a bowl game.

Reactions: RUScrew85
It's a good thing, it's too saturated and the Bronx is a lousy travel destination.

Agree, the West Side should have been the location of Yankee stadium if they were going to move the footprint.

It's a good thing, it's too saturated and the Bronx is a lousy travel destination.

Agree, the West Side should have been the location of Yankee stadium if they were going to move the footprint.
I meant for the one for the Jets.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
Then I argue what’s there now is FAR FAR better than some sports venue...HY connecting Chelsea to HK was a long overdue and impressive feat...
It was the only spot available and it was supposed to be for the Olympics too, not just the Jets.

So Jets, bowl game, probably a regular season one too, Final Four and Super Bowl rotation plus concerts, trade shows and conventions every year...not too shabby.

It was the only spot available and it was supposed to be for the Olympics too, not just the Jets.

So Jets, bowl game, probably a regular season one too, Final Four and Super Bowl rotation plus concerts and trade shows every year...not too shabby.
Fair enough, but the more permanent urban development and urban renewal aspect of HY is probably better for the city. That inexplicable hole in the city landscape (for so long) was puzzling!

The olympics...I remember the pipe dream!

Fair enough, but the more permanent urban development and urban renewal aspect of HY is probably better for the city. That inexplicable hole in the city landscape (for so long) was puzzling!

The olympics...I remember the pipe dream!
“If you build it...”

Lots of good “spillover” that a well run and populated facility can bring.

Bars, restaurants, hotels...and all the City can tax on it.

Manpower needs...the City can bill others for.

Initial infrastructure changes...jobs and other incidentals that come with it, like up keep...sanitation, plowing the City can bill for.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Bars, restaurants, hotels...and all the City can tax on it.

Manpower needs...the City can bill others for.

Initial infrastructure changes...jobs and other incidentals that come with it, like up keep...sanitation, plowing the City can bill for.
HY and no stadium can generate all of those...plus the insane property taxes residents there must pay if you’re wealthy enough to live there...

...all moot now as there’s never gonna be a stadium on the west side...not in our lifetime anyways. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There would have been no trade shows or conventions with Javitz a few blocks up.

There would have been no trade shows or conventions with Javitz a few blocks up.
It wouldn’t have been vacant though.
HY and no stadium can generate all of those...plus the insane property taxes residents there must pay if you’re wealthy enough to live there...

...all moot now as there’s never gonna be a stadium on the west side...not in our lifetime anyways. 🤷🏻‍♂️
All true.

I look at what Glendale did after the place for the Cardinals was built. Amazing transformation of the whole area.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Of all the mind boggling things I read on this site, the cheering of the cancellation of bowls is the oddest. In what world is less college football better?

For me it’s not the cheering of the cancellation. It’s the venue itself. It has to be the single worst venue to watch and play a football game. Yankee Stadium was not built to watch or play a football game. Watching a game there in most seats is a terrible experience. Playing there looks almost as unsafe as that stadium down at SMU.

Westside stadium or having a dome at Meadowlands would have been a homerun for a NYD bowl game; and for the record I would rather go to the Bronx than Boise to watch a sporting event.

GO RU

They can continue to have the pinstripe bowl as long as we never play in it. That would be ok. But better off it just dies and that would be best for all

For me it’s not the cheering of the cancellation. It’s the venue itself. It has to be the single worst venue to watch and play a football game. Yankee Stadium was not built to watch or play a football game. Watching a game there in most seats is a terrible experience. Playing there looks almost as unsafe as that stadium down at SMU.

Westside stadium or having a dome at Meadowlands would have been a homerun for a NYD bowl game; and for the record I would rather go to the Bronx than Boise to watch a sporting event.

GO RU
First of all. Rutgers wasn't going to any bowl this year especially the Pinstripe. And I am on record as saying I will never go to the Pinstripe again. The cheers and your venue complaint is stupid. None of us was going anyway. What you and others are missing is that the Big Ten just lost $2 million today in Bowl payout. And as bad as it was going there it was fine watching on TV

They can continue to have the pinstripe bowl as long as we never play in it. That would be ok. But better off it just dies and that would be best for all
Wasn't to long ago when we’re almost shut out of a bowl game even though only had two losses.
To have a bowl in NY City has been great for us.
I know it’s a baseball stadium, but the Pinstripe is still a great opportunity for our fans to see our team in a bowl that they might otherwise afford to travel to.
My opinion that bowl was created with us in mind. We always stake claim to being New York Cities Team, but look down at their bowl game.
I hope the Pinstripe is around for a long time.

First of all. Rutgers wasn't going to any bowl this year especially the Pinstripe. And I am on record as saying I will never go to the Pinstripe again. The cheers and your venue complaint is stupid. None of us was going anyway. What you and others are missing is that the Big Ten just lost $2 million today in Bowl payout. And as bad as it was going there it was fine watching on TV
I don’t know how you can say we weren’t going to a bowl, especially the pinstripe? I would think if we possibly could go bowling this year. The Pinstripe would be the odds on favorite.
You are absolutely right about the payout. In a year where all athletic departments are hurting. Every penny counts.

Reactions: Greg2020

the fallacy of your argument is that if the bowl dies we will end up somewhere better. the only way Rutgers is guaranteed a good bowl is to win the conference.

Just remember the last time we went bowling, it was to Detroit. Bowls get to choose who they want, and Rutgers will always be last or close to last because we don’t have as strong a reputation for traveling as most of the other Big Ten Schools with a few exceptions. The San Francisco bowl chose a Maryland team, whose fans don’t travel, over us. We need the pinstripe bowl to survive and thrive. It sure beats traveling hundreds to thousands of miles away to a crappy destination. Hang out in Manhattan pregame, then take the D train to Yankee Stadium. Sit up stairs on the third base side and the sight lines are good enough. There sure are worse bowling destinations.

Reactions: 50 yd line RR
Wasn't to long ago when we’re almost shut out of a bowl game even though only had two losses.
To have a bowl in NY City has been great for us.
I know it’s a baseball stadium, but the Pinstripe is still a great opportunity for our fans to see our team in a bowl that they might otherwise afford to travel to.
My opinion that bowl was created with us in mind. We always stake claim to being New York Cities Team, but look down at their bowl game.
I hope the Pinstripe is around for a long time.

That bowl should end. Period.

Reactions: mildone
the fallacy of your argument is that if the bowl dies we will end up somewhere better. the only way Rutgers is guaranteed a good bowl is to win the conference.

Just remember the last time we went bowling, it was to Detroit. Bowls get to choose who they want, and Rutgers will always be last or close to last because we don’t have as strong a reputation for traveling as most of the other Big Ten Schools with a few exceptions. The San Francisco bowl chose a Maryland team, whose fans don’t travel, over us. We need the pinstripe bowl to survive and thrive. It sure beats traveling hundreds to thousands of miles away to a crappy destination. Hang out in Manhattan pregame, then take the D train to Yankee Stadium. Sit up stairs on the third base side and the sight lines are good enough. There sure are worse bowling destinations.

No. This bowl should end

Reactions: mildone

No one is saying a bowl game in the area shouldn’t happen. Yankee stadium to watch a football game sucks. Pure and simple. The more football the better I say but would be good to actually want to attend a game that is local. That’s where the meadowlands stadium with a dome would have been great.

And who said RU was playing in this game? No one. Anyways.

GO RU

I don’t know how you can say we weren’t going to a bowl, especially the pinstripe? I would think if we possibly could go bowling this year. The Pinstripe would be the odds on favorite.
You are absolutely right about the payout. In a year where all athletic departments are hurting. Every penny counts.
Rutgers is 1-4. That why we aren't going to a bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT