ADVERTISEMENT

Pinstripe Bowl Cancelled

At this point, *any* bowl moves the needle for me. I will gladly take Pinstripe. But hopefully we're spoiled again and complain about it in a few years. Even winning 6-8 games in the B1G will get us some special bowls we've only dreamed of before.
Which is what I have said all along in this thread.

I liked the International Bowl...indoors, cool destination

This one does neither

Reactions: NotInRHouse
While any bowl is great for the program, the Pinstripe as bowl games go is God awful and nothing bowl like about it and a giant booby prize. The field was half frozen one year. Another year had a blizzard. Although not a bowl game, one of our best players was injured due to shaky turf at Yankee stadium. Really no positives for this experience other than a paycheck.

Reactions: wheezer
While any bowl is great for the program, the Pinstripe as bowl games go is God awful and nothing bowl like about it and a giant booby prize. The field was half frozen one year. Another year had a blizzard. Although not a bowl game, one of our best players was injured due to shaky turf at Yankee stadium. Really no positives for this experience other than a paycheck.
Exactly, other than the purse there is nothing to like about it for anybody.

Reactions: wheezer
Of all the mind boggling things I read on this site, the cheering of the cancellation of bowls is the oddest. In what world is less college football better?

The hatred some of these people have for this game is stunning. We’ve been twice and both times had an absolutely fantastic time and great weather (despite the outcome against Notre Dame).

Reactions: vkj91
I like the PSB. Good power 5 opponent. You can drive to the game. We bring plenty of fans.

Shrug. I'm never going to be the type to plan a vacation around a bowl game. To each his own.

The hatred some of these people have for this game is stunning. We’ve been twice and both times had an absolutely fantastic time and great weather (despite the outcome against Notre Dame).
Speak for yourself.

No hate, just eh all around...this game means you didn’t as good as you hoped, blah location, date and venue.

So yay. A December weekday in the Bronx. Whoopee! LOL

But if it’s this or no Bowl you go every time while saying “how thrilled you are to be here representing the B1G” in the press conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUB1GTime
ADVERTISEMENT