ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Pitt offer for Rutgers commit

It's all part of the game now.

yes, commit to a school in order to appear more attractive to other schools. Some schools even go as far as to not offer a players unless they commit first somewhere else!

Just a few years ago it used to be schools not offering until they had a strong offer list, now it is this.

In the old days, once a student committed they were off limits to all but the sleaziest schools. Now it is common practice.

The old days was just a few years ago, BTW.

Maybe he should do some diligence on Narduzzi.

Pitt tanked last year, with at 5-7/3-5 record, with wins against 1-11 Rice and FCS Youngstown State. They get points for beating da U, but something seemed to be wrong with da U in their last 4 games, starting with a weak showing against Virginia.
pat-narduzzi-clown.jpg

Players are now so BLESSED in today's recruiting mess... they are the most BLESSED people on earth.... BLESSED ??? ...WTF does that really translate into in 2018 ...it appears we will see if some of these recruits will be truthful and men of their word...and to that Rutgers soul who made the claim..." we are in such better shape recruiting New Jersey guys in 2018"...don't see it....don't hear it...don't expect it...

Last edited:
Players are now so BLESSED in today's recruiting mess... they are the most BLESSED people on earth.... BLESSED ??? ...WTF does that really translate into in 2018 ...it appears we will see if some of these recruits will be truthful and men of their word...and to that Rutgers soul who made the claim..." we are in such better shape recruiting New Jersey guys in 2018"...don't see it....don't here it...don't expect it...

Don't see the problem with use of "blessed." Congrats to Mr. Williams on building a nice offer list and his good fortune. This should becelebrated, not denigrated.

We have fans that pick on our recruits that have a short or crappy offer list. Now we have fans complaining about recruits that have multiple P5 offers and who are celebrating their good fortune? Should he have tweeted "F. Pitt, I am a Rutgers commit?"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blessed

2 : of or enjoying happiness; specifically, Christianity : enjoying the bliss of heaven —used as a title for a beatified person
  • the blessed Virgin Mary
3 : bringing pleasure, contentment, or good fortune
  • a blessed event

Maybe he should do some diligence on Narduzzi.

Pitt tanked last year, with at 5-7/3-5 record, with wins against 1-11 Rice and FCS Youngstown State. They get points for beating da U, but something seemed to be wrong with da U in their last 4 games, starting with a weak showing against Virginia.
pat-narduzzi-clown.jpg
Maybe he should do due diligence on ash. Blown out against all good teams, blown out by Indiana and becoming first team in big history to lose to eastern Michigan

Stupid argument some times teams have bad years
Not really a stupid argument. The team and program was trending towards rock bottom under the previous coach. First year was about stabilization, second year showed improvement, and hopefully third year continues that trend. If that happens, due diligence on Coach Ash should be positive. OTOH, Narduzzi in his third year nose dived on performance.
Many said that for where this program was at when Ash took over it was going to be at least a 5 year project.

Reactions: Dpgru
If I'm Ash I'm offering Pitt's next commit the day after he commits. Then I'm offering a few of Pitt's recruits the day before the December signing day.

While I'm actually glad the kid got the offer, this is a thing with Narduzzi. He's trying to cripple Rutgers and Ash's reputation, he's done this now a few times, especially with Mimes last year. I think this is a personal thing with him, I'm pretty sure I've heard him claim "Ash stole his defense," whatever that even means.

He's trying to James Franklin / Pedo U us to always keep Pitt viewed as a step up from Rutgers, but, it's Pitt.

Reactions: RU-AGK
If I'm Ash I'm offering Pitt's next commit the day after he commits. Then I'm offering a few of Pitt's recruits the day before the December signing day.

While I'm actually glad the kid got the offer, this is a thing with Narduzzi. He's trying to cripple Rutgers and Ash's reputation, he's done this now a few times, especially with Mimes last year. I think this is a personal thing with him, I'm pretty sure I've heard him claim "Ash stole his defense," whatever that even means.

He's trying to James Franklin / Pedo U us to always keep Pitt viewed as a step up from Rutgers, but, it's Pitt.
Mimes went silent on us?
Agree that Narduzzi is sticking it to Ash. But didn't Ash start this by offering Ffrench, who was committed to Pitt?

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...fers_in-state_pitt_commit_with_video_gam.html

I am also one who puts absolutely nothing in verbals anymore. I especially think "strong" verbals are the most dangerous to rely on.
I kind of get these kids taking the free trips, but they seem to be dazzled by just about everywhere they go.

It's the ADD generation. They are most impressed by the last thing they saw.

I wouldn't even go full force recruiting until November. Then go balls out and finish.

Reactions: tico brown
Not really a stupid argument. The team and program was trending towards rock bottom under the previous coach. First year was about stabilization, second year showed improvement, and hopefully third year continues that trend. If that happens, due diligence on Coach Ash should be positive. OTOH, Narduzzi in his third year nose dived on performance.
Many said that for where this program was at when Ash took over it was going to be at least a 5 year project.
Pitt had a QB problem. They were playing with their 3rd string QB by years end. By all accounts their new QB ( Pickett ) is going to be one of the better QB’s in the ACC. Listening to many he may be their best QB in a very long time. He has been nothing short of spectacular according to Narduzzi and fans.

We shall see

Pitt had a QB problem. They were playing with their 3rd string QB by years end. By all accounts their new QB ( Pickett ) is going to be one of the better QB’s in the ACC. Listening to many he may be their best QB in a very long time. He has been nothing short of spectacular according to Narduzzi and fans.

We shall see
Well, didn't RU have a QB problem too? I don't understand those that pile on Coach Ash for the results of the first 2 seasons. Let's see how it goes now that he has QB options.

Pitt also played Penn State and Oklahoma State OOC. Much harder schedule than PSU for example OOC.

yes, commit to a school in order to appear more attractive to other schools. Some schools even go as far as to not offer a players unless they commit first somewhere else!

Just a few years ago it used to be schools not offering until they had a strong offer list, now it is this.

In the old days, once a student committed they were off limits to all but the sleaziest schools. Now it is common practice.

The old days was just a few years ago, BTW.

We've always gotten a lot of this at Northwestern with recruits using us as a trial balloon until a bigger football school comes calling (there really is no one outside of Stanford who can play the academic card on us unless the kid wants to play Ivy League ball). With the program becoming more competitive recently we are able to retain more of our commits, but it still gets comical at times. Because Fitz and his staff have done fairly well at NU, they've gotten a rep as good talent evaluators, so it's rather amusing to see us jump in early on a relatively unknown recruit and then watch Notre Dame and other big-name schools make an offer a week or two later. Many of our online fans are currently in a tizzy about our QB commit, Cale Millen, because he recently received offers from Arizona State and Oregon. We'll see how that turns out. I pay no attention to five-star recruits who put NU in their "final seven" or whatever. B.S.

He also interviewed for the Rutgers job, he really wants to be a Big Ten HC. I think he is still pissed Ash got it instead of him. Oh well...

Reactions: CrazyfoRU

We shall see
Where was Pickett ranked in NJ?? I don't remember his as a big star in the making.

I am also one who puts absolutely nothing in verbals anymore. I especially think "strong" verbals are the most dangerous to rely on.
I kind of get these kids taking the free trips, but they seem to be dazzled by just about everywhere they go.
That is a problem. There is some truth to the fact that based only on campus impressions and feel, RU is not at the top of the list. We have a nice but very spread out campus. Only our core on College Ave evokes a traditional campus feel.

Until the kid signs they are all fair game. At this time last year, Art Sitkowski was committed to Miami.

Reactions: CrazyfoRU
Pitt also played Penn State and Oklahoma State OOC. Much harder schedule than PSU for example OOC.
This year they play ND, Penn st, Central Florida out of conference. Which is a ridiculous out of conference schedule for a P5 team. The last AD at Pitt must be a gluten for punishment.

Last year's team was better than the year before. I expect this year to be an improvement too. Who pissed in your Cheerios today?
If we could just boot some of Rutgers "fans".. we'd be better off. Of course, saying so just gives them the attention they so desire.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
We've always gotten a lot of this at Northwestern with recruits using us as a trial balloon until a bigger football school comes calling (there really is no one outside of Stanford who can play the academic card on us unless the kid wants to play Ivy League ball). With the program becoming more competitive recently we are able to retain more of our commits, but it still gets comical at times. Because Fitz and his staff have done fairly well at NU, they've gotten a rep as good talent evaluators, so it's rather amusing to see us jump in early on a relatively unknown recruit and then watch Notre Dame and other big-name schools make an offer a week or two later. Many of our online fans are currently in a tizzy about our QB commit, Cale Millen, because he recently received offers from Arizona State and Oregon. We'll see how that turns out. I pay no attention to five-star recruits who put NU in their "final seven" or whatever. B.S.

And now it looks as if Oregon has, indeed, poached Millen. I get excited about no recruit these days until they've actually signed. Good luck with your recruiting, guys.

If we could just boot some of Rutgers "fans".. we'd be better off. Of course, saying so just gives them the attention they so desire.

You are joking right ?
Our season ticket sales are down 8000 over the last 3 years. Playing in front of less than 50% capacity at HPSS is not fun. We need every fan we can get.

I get you. Sadexcuse does the same thing. They only become interested in a NJ kid after Rutgers offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT