ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt v Syracuse at Yankee Stadium November 11

Actually moving this Historic Game(100 year anniversary) to New York City to be played at Yankee Stadium is great from a PR perspective. Yankee Stadium football capacity is about 48,000 so I expect it to be near capacity.

People have to remember that the Total Student Body of both schools combined (Pitt/30,000 and Syracuse/20,000) is only about half of Penn State with their 20 Branch Campuses Student Body of 100,000.
So when people talk about attendance it is all relative.

The ACC has abandoned the divisions this year so in November we start with Florida State at home and then move to the Big Apple at Yankee Stadium. Our OOC schedule this year will feature many interesting match ups
including West Virginia, Notre Dame and Cincinnati.

Pitt was a TOP 25 team the last two years (AP #13/2021 and #22/2022) under Narduzzi but with this schedule will have to see how our new transfers and QB work out.

Don't know what colors the Empire State Building will be for the November Game but they were Red on January 20, 2023 for the Lunar New Year.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: RUaMoose
no I mean it, it's a great marketing tool and since we can't fill our stadium, nothing wrong with expanding plus it keeps this $hit out of there
Most peple in NY find that getting to Yankee stadium for anything other than a Yankee game is not worth their effort. If our team is good- they have no problem with a much nicer trip to NJ

no I mean it, it's a great marketing tool and since we can't fill our stadium, nothing wrong with expanding plus it keeps this $hit out of there
No one in NY is going to waste the energy going to Yankee Stadium to see a 4-8 RU team either get their ass beat or squeak out a 10-7 win against a crappy opponent. I doubt many people in NJ would either.

I hear what you're saying. But if you've been to a game there, you know it's a God aweful venue for football. As somebody who makes pretty much every game within reasonable distance, I would never again go there for a football game. I would act as if it was a road game.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Is there any other area that pretends a completely new stadium is the old one? I mean Soldier field at least it’s a gutted renovation on the old site, and the old entrance columns are still around the outside. But does San Francisco say games played at Levi’s are Candlestick records? The Mets games at Citi Field break Shea Stadium records? Celebrate the anniversary of Veterans stadium at the Linc? So strange. The stupid Yankees who chased the money and knocked down the palace to the outcry of everyone not named Steinbrenner don’t get to backtrack now and pretend that stadium is anything the same as the original

Is there any other area that pretends a completely new stadium is the old one? I mean Soldier field at least it’s a gutted renovation on the old site, and the old entrance columns are still around the outside. But does San Francisco say games played at Levi’s are Candlestick records? The Mets games at Citi Field break Shea Stadium records? Celebrate the anniversary of Veterans stadium at the Linc? So strange. The stupid Yankees who chased the money and knocked down the palace to the outcry of everyone not named Steinbrenner don’t get to backtrack now and pretend that stadium is anything the same as the original
Any surprise that this is the same organization that likes to bask in past glory from many years ago?

I hear what you're saying. But if you've been to a game there, you know it's a God aweful venue for football. As somebody who makes pretty much every game within reasonable distance, I would never again go there for a football game. I would act as if it was a road game.
I have and I know but it doesn't change the dynamic we agree on. Many will scoff but small minds mean nothing right; the lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep. lol RU has too many sheep and small minds as evidenced by the many comments that adorn medicrity.

We're talking, other boards are talking, about a game in the city between two ACC teams in the Mecca of America's game instead of talking about how RU is gonna woop some ACC ass in the city. nuff said

I have and I know but it doesn't change the dynamic we agree on. Many will scoff but small minds mean nothing right; the lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep. lol RU has too many sheep and small minds as evidenced by the many comments that adorn medicrity.

We're talking, other boards are talking, about a game in the city between two ACC teams in the Mecca of America's game instead of talking about how RU is gonna woop some ACC ass in the city. nuff said
Except, when all is said and done- 25k will be there watching it…

One day we will make a triumphant return to Yankee Stadium via the Pinstripe Bowl, the ultimate prize for a Greg Schiano coached Rutgers football program.
Sadly, this is true . We would be thrilled to go there too.
Although another schiano strategy is getting the APA high enough that we will always be in play for good bowls if we get another global health pandemic.

Last edited:
Nothing new, that aligns with Plum's M.O. on this board for years now. Has posted many times that it doesn't matter if you cheat to win and who cares if kids go to class and/or graduate. He's consistent, I'll give him that.
Yep . I am also consistent that big time college sports constructed as is does not belong at academic institutions and don’t align with the values and mission. But we all know that . There are really no rules . Obviously, some stuff would not be ok and we all know what that stuff is. I.e Penn state
Trust me no one will care about a guy’s expos grade Or shooting stupid paint balls if we are winning. The stadium and tailgate lots . We will all be there

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT