ADVERTISEMENT

Placing Michigan on upset alert!!!

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
We’re 1-8, but I think we beat Michigan. There’s no question that Rutgers has struggled its first nine games, as our freshman QB struggled to acclimate to this level, we played lots of young players, and we struggled to find the right personnel on defense. Thankfully, we’ve played much better over the past two weeks, barely falling to Northwestern 18-15 during that time, and played competitively with Wisconsin.

This week, we’re ready to take things to the next level and defeat Michigan. Here’s why:

- After a big win vs PSU, this is the quintessential trap game, and Michigan will overlook Rutgers

- Michigan has so little respect for Rutgers, they run variations of the same power play over and over again, much of the time. They pull the backside guard, #50 350 pound OL Onwenu, who drills the LB in the hole. With Ash now taking the reigns on defense, The defense will be more effective against this play.

- Raheem “The Dream” Blackshear is ready to make a name for himself as one of college football’s biggest playmakers. I don’t think Michigan can stop him.

- Rutgers QB, Artur Sitkowski has an NFL future and will be the best quarterback in Saturday’s game, just like in 2014. Against Wisconsin, he threw for 261 yards and no interceptions.

- Rutgers defense played its best ball of the season these past two weeks and is poised to shut down Michigan, as Coach Chris Ash is now coaching the defense

- Michigan’s secondary is over matched against Rutgers receiving Corp, which also was the case in 2014.

- our young ones are ready to shine

I don’t doubt that Michigan will give us a good game, but it won’t be good enough.

Rutgers 27
Michigan 19

We’re 1-8, but I think we beat Michigan. There’s no question that Rutgers has struggled its first nine games, as our freshman QB struggled to acclimate to this level, we played lots of young players, and we struggled to find the right personnel on defense. Thankfully, we’ve played much better over the past two weeks, barely falling to Northwestern 18-15 during that time, and played competitively with Wisconsin.

This week, we’re ready to take things to the next level and defeat Michigan. Here’s why:

- After a big win vs PSU, this is the quintessential trap game, and Michigan will overlook Rutgers

- Michigan has so little respect for Rutgers, they run variations of the same power play over and over again, much of the time. They pull the backside guard, #50 350 pound OL Onwenu, who drills the LB in the hole. With Ash now taking the reigns on defense, The defense will be more effective against this play.

- Raheem “The Dream” Blackshear is ready to make a name for himself as one of college football’s biggest playmakers. I don’t think Michigan can stop him.

- Rutgers QB, Artur Sitkowski has an NFL future and will be the best quarterback in Saturday’s game, just like in 2014. Against Wisconsin, he threw for 261 yards and no interceptions.

- Rutgers defense played its best ball of the season these past two weeks and is poised to shut down Michigan, as Coach Chris Ash is now coaching the defense

- Michigan’s secondary is over matched against Rutgers receiving Corp, which also was the case in 2014.

I don’t doubt that Michigan will give us a good game, but it won’t be good enough.

Rutgers 27
Michigan 19
The notion that Rutgers will score 27 points against one of the best defenses in college football is absurd.

Al - I point to the Wisconsin game to show how ludicrous your post is. You note that UMich "runs variations of the same power play over and over again". Yet Wisky did the exact same thing and we couldn't come close to stopping them and UMich is a million times better than Wisky. PSU couldn't score on UMich and you think RU, which has the worst O in the country, is gonna score 27 points. While I can understand that you'd rather be positive than negative, I think it would have been much better if you had simply done an analysis of why you think RU will cover the spread.

Al - c'mon, you finally made a realistic post the other day about how bad our lines are and now you're going to say we can beat a team with much, much better lines than we have (not to mention better WRs, QB, LBs, secondary, etc.)?

Rutgers 27
Michigan 19
Foolish again,one day you'll be right,but not this day, once again.

The OP makes a lot sense. I don't disagree with his analysis, I just don't think it will be that close. My question is, does Ash run the score up on Michigan given how they have treated us recently? I think Ash has to much class to fall into that trap and pulls the starters after the third quarter. This one is a W boys, book it, time to look forward to Penn State.

Good one Al, I love you brother.
Here’s two questions I have to ask you... why will we be able to block Michigan and how will we stop the run?

1. No we won’t block Michigan. We will rely on shifts, movement, misdirection, and screens to find favorable matchups, and Artur will get the ball out quickly. #2 and #10 will figure prominently. Need to get #27 back out there. #89 will get his chance to make big plays. #18 and #15 need to put up or be replaced.

2. We won’t stop the run, but we’ll make them cough the ball up. Turnovers and special teams will be the equalizer.

The OP makes a lot sense. I don't disagree with his analysis, I just don't think it will be that close. My question is, does Ash run the score up on Michigan given how they have treated us recently? I think Ash has to much class to fall into that trap and pulls the starters after the third quarter. This one is a W boys, book it, time to look forward to Penn State.
Michigan is a classic trap game for RU. I hope our boys don't overlook the Wolverines.

Nice job Al - If RU wins this game it will be an instant ESPN 30 for 30 classic. Every coach in the country will use the video to show what is possible.

The first scene will be your message post.

Reactions: DirtyRU

Rutgers 27
Michigan 19
Not without ant Florida Players

ADVERTISEMENT