ADVERTISEMENT

Placing Penn State on Upset Alert!!!

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
Rutgers currently 1-9, can salvage its disappointing season by beating Penn State. Every player has had this game circled for a while now. So it’s time for everyone to come together and make it happen.

We had our opportunities to do something special against Michigan, but just missed them due to lack of execution. Offensive Line did as well as you could expect, and paved the way for just under 200 rushing yards and actually matched Michigan’s total, which was a huge improvement from last year. The big difference was passing yards. Shea Patterson threw for 260 passing yards while Artur only had 40, and Pacheco had 19. I thought Artur played well overall, and the fact that our receivers and backs couldn’t catch the balls that were delivered to them, hurt immensely.

The backs dropped a number of screen passes, at least 1 of which may have led to a TD or field goal. Can’t miss opportunities like that against the #4 team in the country. If the backs can’t catch, then we need to start giving #27, Trey Sneed, an opportunity, because I thought he demonstrated good hands against Northwestern. Sure, he isn’t as explosive as the other guys, but explosiveness doesn’t benefit us if the back can’t make the play.

But the most disappointing group this year, has to be the WR Corp. these guys looked like superstars during spring practice, but have subsequently disappeared for the games. This has got to be a significant area of focus, for the remaining recruiting season. Need to put the full court press on prospects Stanley King, Marlyn Johnson, and Yusuf Terry. And if those don’t work out, need to scour the juco ranks and Florida. A guy like Janarion Grant is just waiting to be found.

But now, back to the Penn State game. I would use the exact same game plan as Michigan. Run the ball, and complement with screens and quick passes. On defense, we’ll have to be wary of Penn State QB McSorley hurting us with his legs.

Penn States defense is solid, but not as good as Michigan’s which is exceptional. Their ends get a lot of sacks, but Their defensive tackles don’t seem to be as good as what they’ve had in the recent past.
As expected, their LBers are excellent, and their secondary is solid.

They give up a ton of rushing yards, and This is what will allow Rutgers to be victorious. Pacheco and Blackshear will rumble for 200+ yards, and our QB and receivers will play well enough for the win.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

giphy.gif

Reactions: CERU00
Rutgers currently 1-9, can salvage its disappointing season by beating Penn State. Every player has had this game circled for a while now. So it’s time for everyone to come together and make it happen.

We had our opportunities to do something special against Michigan, but just missed them due to lack of execution. Offensive Line did as well as you could expect, and paved the way for just under 200 rushing yards and actually matched Michigan’s total, which was a huge improvement from last year. The big difference was passing yards. Shea Patterson threw for 260 passing yards while Artur only had 40, and Pacheco had 19. I thought Artur played well overall, and the fact that our receivers and backs couldn’t catch the balls that were delivered to them, hurt immensely.

The backs dropped a number of screen passes, at least 1 of which may have led to a TD or field goal. Can’t miss opportunities like that against the #4 team in the country. If the backs can’t catch, then we need to start giving #27, Trey Sneed, an opportunity, because I thought he demonstrated good hands against Northwestern. Sure, he isn’t as explosive as the other guys, but explosiveness doesn’t benefit us if the back can’t make the play.

But the most disappointing group this year, has to be the WR Corp. these guys looked like superstars during spring practice, but have subsequently disappeared for the games. This has got to be a significant area of focus, for the remaining recruiting season. Need to put the full court press on prospects Stanley King, Marlyn Johnson, and Yusuf Terry. And if those don’t work out, need to scour the juco ranks and Florida. A guy like Janarion Grant is just waiting to be found.

But now, back to the Penn State game. I would use the exact same game plan as Michigan. Run the ball, and complement with screens and quick passes. On defense, we’ll have to be wary of Penn State QB McSorley hurting us with his legs.

Penn States defense is solid, but not as good as Michigan’s which is exceptional. Their ends get a lot of sacks, but Their defensive tackles don’t seem to be as good as what they’ve had in the recent past.

They give up a ton of rushing yards, and This is what will allow Rutgers to be victorious. Pacheco and Blackshear will rumble for 200+ yards, and our QB and receivers will play well enough for the win.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

thanks for this
latest

Our offense has averaged 12 points per game in Big Ten play this year. Our defense has given up an average of 34 points per game in Big Ten play this year.

PSU 35
RU 13

Reactions: rigby1
Al,

We decided to come to the game. I'll call you from the lot when I get there and hopefully we can meet up.

Our offense has averaged 12 points per game in Big Ten play this year. Our defense has given up an average of 34 points per game in Big Ten play this year.

PSU 35
RU 13

we're going to make history not repeat it, in beating Penn State.

Love him or hate him, al is entitled to his own opinion.

The day al stops posting, this program is officially dead- because that will mean we have lost the diehard of diehards.

I'm not ashamed to admit I have finally reached the end of my fandom. When Ash is gone, I will re-invest my time and resources back into Rutgers football.

Otherwise, I'm going to stick with casual checks of the scoreboard and maybe a quarter or two on live tv or the app in delay.

Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee
Lousy with virginity
Won't go to bed
Till I'm legally wed
I can't, I'm Sandra Dee
Watch it, hey, I'm Doris Day
I was not brought up that way
Won't come across
Even Rock Hudson lost
His heart to Doris Day
I don't drink or swear
I don't rat my hair
I get ill from one cigarette
Keep your filthy paws off my silky drawers
Would you pull that crap with Annette
As for you, Troy Donahue
I know what you wanna do
You got your crust
I'm no object of lust
I'm just plain Sandra Dee
Elvis, Elvis, let me be
Keep that pelvis far from me
Just keep your cool
Now you're starting to drool
Hey, fungu, I'm Sandra Dee

Love him or hate him, al is entitled to his own opinion.

The day al stops posting, this program is officially dead- because that will mean we have lost the diehard of diehards.

I'm not ashamed to admit I have finally reached the end of my fandom. When Ash is gone, I will re-invest my time and resources back into Rutgers football.

Otherwise, I'm going to stick with casual checks of the scoreboard and maybe a quarter or two on live tv or the app in delay.
Al is s knowledgeable football fan who’s well aware of our problems and limitations.
There’s no delusion in the Al that actually watches the games or speaks to you on a one on one basis.
I’ll leave it at that

Reactions: ScarletDave

PSU 35
RU 13

So your saying our offense has a chance to outperform. I like it!

Reactions: brgRC90
Salvage a disappointing season [roll]

Sometimes you read stupid shit and go “wow...that’s some real stupid shit right there!”
YUP!!!!!

And you can also say that as those in the opinion that Rutgers can EASILY swoop in ahead of USF, UCF, FIU, FAU, Georgia Southern and get those leftover Florida Kids because Rutgers did it 12-16 years ago.

Reactions: dogwood3131
You know, I don't mind somebody looking at a game with optimism, no matter how absurd it might be. (And make no mistake, this is absurd.) But this consistent, week-after-week drivel is on another plane. It's nothing more than a routine now. If he spent the week in the hospital, his computer probably would post this automatically. That's my problem with this. If someone would give me a couple of legitimate reasons why our football team won't be utterly embarrassed, we could discuss them intelligently. But this constant Upset Alert nonsense has gone beyond foolishness.

If Al really does know football, and I have no doubt that he does, trying to find a reason we have a chance to be in the game after halftime would be an interesting read. If, of course, he can find one. But this is just silliness, and yes, a cry for attention.

That, and sooner or later, someday, he'll be right. Someday

You know, I don't mind somebody looking at a game with optimism, no matter how absurd it might be. (And make no mistake, this is absurd.) But this consistent, week-after-week drivel is on another plane. It's nothing more than a routine now. If he spent the week in the hospital, his computer probably would post this automatically. That's my problem with this. If someone would give me a couple of legitimate reasons why our football team won't be utterly embarrassed, we could discuss them intelligently. But this constant Upset Alert nonsense has gone beyond foolishness.

If Al really does know football, and I have no doubt that he does, trying to find a reason we have a chance to be in the game after halftime would be an interesting read. If, of course, he can find one. But this is just silliness, and yes, a cry for attention.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's been tiresome for quite awhile. :chairshot:

I am beating Al to the punch and placing Liberty on upset alert. The losing streak ends at 18 games. Remember, you heard it here first.

Reactions: FrankZ
The only thing that will be upset will be RU fans' stomachs after too much beer, pork roll, obnoxious PSU douchebags, and lousy football.

Reactions: jabbs1

Rutgers 21
PSU 17
Complete Moron,sorry, it's really getting old.

If we r plus 2 in turnovers and r able to control click running the balk ???

ADVERTISEMENT