ADVERTISEMENT

Player by Player

runroyrun

Redshirt
May 7, 2008
Thiam: Contrary to some, I think he works very hard on defense. Has to get to the glass a bit more. Offensively, I think the kid should become a weapon; it's on him and coach.

Sanders: Still has to figure out his game on the team and in the system. Seems to have lost a lot of confidence in his outside shot. Could be a strategy to get him to the line, but too often he drives into trouble. Also pushes the break when it's not there. Has to keep plugging and keep his head on straight.

Johnson: Excellent floor manager and decision maker. I don't think he's gonna be a 3-point shooter but we need him to hit that pull up a step or two inside the arc. He's important to the team--settles things down better than Cory.

Freeman: Gives all he's go and so I think on any given night his production is gonna be dictated by the opposition. He does what he does and against some comp that'll be effective, against other he'll really struggle.

Sa--Wish he were a freshman. Am surprised by his skills--jump shot, free throws, to the hoop with either hand, defensive instincts. If he's a quick learner, he can provide a dimension CJ can't.

Gettys: In a sense, like Freeman. He'll bring the same game--which has a number of plusses--every night. He can for sure be exposed by a lot of guys in conference, but he's a presence, knows the game, anticipates well, makes the easy ones and short jumpers.

Dorson: I like the kid though he's probably three behind Sa and Gettys. Needs work in a number of areas but, though limited, is good enough that you can't ignore him offensively. I like the defensive instincts. Have to say he doesn't look comfortable moving around out there and hope he's fully healed.

Laurent--We should, imo, be getting more out of the kid. He loses focus. Gotta learn that every second counts, every possession. The kid to me who seems tough to coach. When his head's in the game provides athleticism and versatility.

Williams: The best surprise of the season, love his game up to this point. Shooting well and I can't believe his effectiveness around the rim. Great composure as well. Love the kid.

Omoruyi: Want to see more which means I think he's gonna be a solid conference player. Seems fearless to me. Keep feeding him his minutes.

Reactions: BillyC80
Really enjoyable read.From my seat, very precise opinions.

This offense is interesting. It rarely has any "Get mine" ball in it. From todays system, this is a learning process for most.

Thiam will be on the glass once he continues to develop his physical.

ADVERTISEMENT